Serena Williams announces she will retire after 2022 US Open

Olde Hornet

I think this is a great move for her. I have enjoyed seeing her greatness. Its time for a new chapter.

I will miss her greatness on and off the court.
:clap:
:bow:

Serena Williams, one of the greatest athletes of all time, announced on Tuesday that she will retire from tennis following the 2022 US Open at the end of August.

In a piece she penned for Vogue, as well as in a post on Instagram, the 23-time Grand Slam champion said that while she still loves tennis, she's ready to move on to new things.

Serena Williams Tennis GIF

I think this is a great move for her. I have enjoyed seeing her greatness. Its time for a new chapter.

Serena Williams, one of the greatest athletes of all time, announced on Tuesday that she will retire from tennis following the 2022 US Open at the end of August.

In a piece she penned for Vogue, as well as in a post on Instagram, the 23-time Grand Slam champion said that while she still loves tennis, she's ready to move on to new things.

Serena Williams Tennis GIF
I figured that she would be retiring. She's not into it like she used to be. She has other things that she is focused on. Venus should retire also.

I figured that she would be retiring. She's not into it like she used to be. She has other things that she is focused on. Venus should retire also.

She also took two years off after her sister was murdered. I'm glad that she didn't burn herself out like so many female tennis players.

Kudos to Richard Williams too.

Last edited:
I am sad because I've never wanted this moment to come but fathertime is undefeated! Serena has left a legacy that will most likely stand the test of time. Now i have to make plans for a nyc visit to see her!

Back