Roland-Garros 2024

The Gauff match went as expected.

Thursday's women's semifinals results:

I was looking at the Italian Jasmine during her previous match - In my head I said there is some black in her DNA. I found this on Wiki - Paolini was born in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana and grew up between Carrara and Forte dei Marmi.[2] Her father, Ugo, is Italian and her mother, Jacqueline, is of Polish, Danish, and Ghanaian descent.[3][4] originally from Łódź, Poland.[2] Her maternal grandmother, who lives in Łódź, is Polish and her maternal grandfather, who lives in Copenhagen, is Danish and Ghanaian.[5][6] Her brother, William, also plays tennis.[2]

1. Women's Singles
    No. 1 Iga Swiatek def. No. 3 Coco Gauff, 6-2, 6-4
    No. 12 Jasmine Paolini def. Mirra Andreeva, 6-3, 6-1

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Last edited:
I see Coco Gauff as being "very good" but not "great". Which is not a knock on her at all.
Greatness will be measured by time. We will see if she can make improvements to her game. Her record against Iga Swiatek is 1 - 11, 1 victory is not good. She has one major, unlike Sloane, she did not go away after winning a major, that's a hopeful sign. I think she can win more majors, her forehand and serve will have to be fixed. Some of the things the Iga does very well are, power, consistency in long rallies and movement around the court. She will be number 2 in the world on Monday, she has a lot of points to defend during the US hardcourt season. Its going to be an interesting summer. She is still very young.

Iga Świątek's Historic French Open 3-Peat Celebrated by Fans After Win vs. Paolini​

Iga Świątek remains an unstoppable force at the French Open after claiming her third straight title and fourth in the past five seasons with a 6-2, 6-1 victory over Jasmine Paolini in the final on Saturday.

This was her sixth straight-set win in seven matches at the tournament.

You would never know it from the final score, but there was a brief moment when it looked like Świątek might be tested. Paolini won two straight games, including a break in the third game, to take a 2-1 lead in the first set.
Świątek responded by winning 11 straight games. Paolini was able to salvage the sixth game in the second set to avoid being shutout, but there is no slowing down the 23-year-old.

Fans were more than happy to celebrate Świątek's historic three-peat after one of the most impressive tournament runs of all-time.

The Gauff match went as expected.

Thursday's women's semifinals results:

I was looking at the Italian Jasmine during her previous match - In my head I said there is some black in her DNA. I found this on Wiki - Paolini was born in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana and grew up between Carrara and Forte dei Marmi.[2] Her father, Ugo, is Italian and her mother, Jacqueline, is of Polish, Danish, and Ghanaian descent.[3][4] originally from Łódź, Poland.[2] Her maternal grandmother, who lives in Łódź, is Polish and her maternal grandfather, who lives in Copenhagen, is Danish and Ghanaian.[5][6] Her brother, William, also plays tennis.[2]

1. Women's Singles
    No. 1 Iga Swiatek def. No. 3 Coco Gauff, 6-2, 6-4
    No. 12 Jasmine Paolini def. Mirra Andreeva, 6-3, 6-1
I had the same thought about her for a while now.

Greatness will be measured by time. We will see if she can make improvements to her game. Her record against Iga Swiatek is 1 - 11, 1 victory is not good. She has one major, unlike Sloane, she did not go away after winning a major, that's a hopeful sign. I think she can win more majors, her forehand and serve will have to be fixed. Some of the things the Iga does very well are, power, consistency in long rallies and movement around the court. She will be number 2 in the world on Monday, she has a lot of points to defend during the US hardcourt season. Its going to be an interesting summer. She is still very young.
Most of the black players on tour fail to break through to semi-finals and finals because they cannot win or even produce long rallies on crucial points. I have noticed that for along time even on behalf of the top black players. I stopped watching their matches because they lost all of the important ones.

Carlos Alcaraz Beats Zverev for 1st French Open Title as Fans Applaud Finals Comeback​

For the second time in as many matches, Carlos Alcaraz battled back from the brink of elimination.
This time, it won him his first French Open.

Alcaraz stormed back from a 2-1 set deficit to defeat Alexander Zverev 6-3, 2-6, 5-7, 6-1, 6-2 and put himself within one major victory of completing the career Grand Slam. The 21-year-old has now won a Slam in three straight years as he continues to establish himself as the budding face of men's tennis. He's also the youngest player to win a major on all three surfaces.

Sunday's triumph was an exercise in perseverance.
Alcaraz overcame six double-faults and 23 break points to come back against Zverev, who undoubtedly feels like he left his first Grand Slam championship on the table. The German completed only six of his break-point chances, compared to a 9-of-16 break rate from Alcaraz.

Coco Gauff Wins French Open Doubles Title; Paired with Siniakova 2 Days Before Event​

Coco Gauff is leaving Paris with some hardware after pairing with Katerina Siniakova to win the French Open women's doubles title Sunday.
"Third time's a charm," Gauff said, alluding to her defeats in the 2021 U.S. Open and 2022 French Open doubles finals. "Thank you, Katerina, for playing with me. We decided two days before the tournament to play together. Thank you to the fans. I know 11:30 Sunday morning is early for most people. It's early for me."

Injuries to their usual playing partners left Gauff and Siniakova scrambling as they prepared for the women's doubles tournament.
"Really, I was trying to find an American to play with because [Jess Pegula] pulled out, and obviously the Olympics are going to be here," Gauff said. "My whole plan at the start of the year was to try to play with somebody I could potentially play with at the Olympics."

Most of the black players on tour fail to break through to semi-finals and finals because they cannot win or even produce long rallies on crucial points. I have noticed that for along time even on behalf of the top black players. I stopped watching their matches because they lost all of the important ones.
Many players including men, have that issue. I was listening to Martina N. about the issue with her forehand, its the extreme grip. If she does not fix it, she will not win Roland Garros and it will make runs at the other majors tougher, but possible. Time will tell if the rest of her game will allow her to overcome the forehand issue and serve inconsistency. Venus forehand broke down, but I believe she won 7 grand slam singles titles, plus many more Grand Slam doubles (women and mixed) titles.

This is Iga's 3rd French Open title, Based on current play, Osaka is the only woman that can beat her on clay. It will be interesting to see what happens next clay court season.

Last edited:
Back