Rest in peace Dr. Isaac Greggs

ToPdOg

I'm hearing from several sources that Doc has passed away. I'll post more info as I get it. :(

Wow!! RIP Doc!! You and Doc Foster will be talking about the good ole days on the other side.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Wow......

I remember when I first met him in high school, he was up in Chicago recruiting and visited our music dept at Chicago Vocational. Also met him when we played SU during football games.....

R.I.P. Dr Greggs.....

Wow!! RIP Doc!! You and Doc Foster will be talking about the good ole days on the other side.

You shole right. Never forget the time Doc put Foster on the speaker phone for us to hear them go at it. LOL.

R I P to the Legend. Never will he be duplicated. One of a kind. Taught all of us who played under him a lot of valuable lessons. I still carry one of his sayings with me at all times. "You can't be as good as, you have to be better than"

He was like a second father for many of us and like a father to those who didn't have one in their lives. Folks will never understand just how much he meant to us who came through under him.

Man prayers to Doc Greggs family and the entire SU family. He was nothing but a class act. His love for music was like no other. It was an honor to have met him. Truly a LEGEND and will be missed dearly!!!! R.I.P.

You shole right. Never forget the time Doc put Foster on the speaker phone for us to hear them go at it. LOL.

R I P to the Legend. Never will he be duplicated. One of a kind. Taught all of us who played under him a lot of valuable lessons. I still carry one of his sayings with me at all times. "You can't be as good as, you have to be better than"

He was like a second father for many of us and like a father to those who didn't have one in their lives. Folks will never understand just how much he meant to us who came through under him.

Well said Juke. R.I.P. Doc. Thanks for everything.

WOW!!!

He is the first cousin of my frat brother here in Grambling....I met him here in Grambling at a funeral. He was an interesting man!!! Much Respect!!! :tup:

WOW!!!

He is the first cousin of my frat brother here in Grambling....I met him here in Grambling at a funeral. He was an interesting man!!! Much Respect!!! :tup:

He was the original "Most Interesting Man in the World" LOL. You had to have known him to understand. At least you experienced Doc for a moment to see some of it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
RIP Doc!

"Just A Closer Walk With Thee"

PLOW!

Now that you mentioned it, I wonder would the ex-band members from New Orleans do a second line funeral in honor of Doc Greggs. One of Doc Greggs signature trade marks were combining the big band sound with the sounds of New Orleans second line brass bands, which made SU band very unique.

He was the original "Most Interesting Man in the World" LOL. You had to have known him to understand. At least you experienced Doc for a moment to see some of it.
Yes! You didn't have to be in the band to know that. He was the inventor of swagger. R.I.P Dr. Greggs.

RIP Dr. Isaac Greggs, there will never be another. One of the best to ever do it! My condolences to the Jukebox family, stay strong!!

I was on the phone with my daughter today and she literally blurted out, "OH NO!" It scared me because I thought she'd gotten hurt, but she said "Dr. Greggs passed away!". She met him when he came to Mr. Knighten's homegoing services at SU. She said he had a quiet but commanding presence and so many former students, alumni, faculty were lining up to greet him & speak to him.

Prayers for the Greggs family, the SU family and the Jukebox family. I didn't attend SU but I know Dr. Greggs made a lasting impression on SU & influenced so many lives.

Forever Rest in Peace Dr. Greggs!

Doc will be missed... His Candor, Instruction, and overall views on life were unmatched. I'm glad I was able to hang out with Doc, one last time, my Frat Bro (AphiA) at the Jackson State/Southern game last year at Mumford. My son & I sat right next to him during the game... with his wife and son....Doc began to educated my Son on how education was important, especially that fact that my son, Brennen should become Alpha Man like he and I. Of course, he asked what instrument he likes to play. :lol:
The Look in Docs' eyes as the Human Jukebox turned in formation as they faced the Home side of the field...... He began to Cry.... :cry:

It has always been amazing to see the Joy in his heart as he listened to the sounds of Greatness that he actually created. Doc touched soo many lives. Not only the Human Jukebox members, but the world, including me.

RIP Bro. Dr. Isaac P. Greggs

Prayers Up for the Gregg's Family, Jukebox Family and everyone of the lives he touched.

RIP Dr. Greggs, you deserve your rest, Sir!

I'm hearing from several sources that Doc has passed away. I'll post more info as I get it. :(

R.I.P.:angel2: When I was marching in the SOD in the mid 70's, SU and Doc were the only band that Griff worked us overtime in preparation.:bowdown:

RIP DOC! "Its gonna be alright, I assure you of that... " He took us from boys to men, and taught so much more than just music! We learned life listening to Doc whisper. Because when what you're saying has substance, there is no need to holler! I miss him already...:cry:

I've always admired Dr. Greggs and the Human Jukebox. His reputation was legendary up in North Louisiana where I grew up. He will surely be missed.

Back