Resilience

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
My current reading continues to lead me to recall and reexamine David's many challenging situations. This time in 1 Samuel 30:1-6. The story goes that his camp was attacked by their enemies. Wives, children, and other possessions were taken from them. David as the leader took all the blame for the negative that happened. For a minute he was not in a good mental state. It would have been understandable if he just gave up and let his life go. Yet, he didn't. The story goes on to tell how he encouraged himself in God, got his peeps together, went after the perpetrators, and got everything that was stolen back, plus more treasured possessions.

Trial Facing:
Presently I reflected on one's dealing with the pressures that come with rising to higher levels in various professional leadership roles as well as the personal leadership role that comes with being the head of one's own family. No doubt, you will face attacks from every area. That is just how it is. So, it is never a question of will this happen but --> when and how you deal with it.

Feelings Before Seeking Strength:

A leader can feel so vulnerable, weak, or even guilty in these types of situations. That leader may or may not have been at fault due to actions that led to letting one's guard down, being too trusting, overlooking things that should have been given more details to, and so on. Yet and again, life happens, and it can really mess your mind up sometimes if you let it.

Feelings After Seeking Strength:

I think the key here is to continue to focus on the positive and the things one can change or correct. In even simpler terms, what can be done about it. As David pulled himself together, maybe he thought of how he still had his physical health and strength and men around him who happened to be warriors. Maybe he thought that there is nothing to lose if they all just went after those enemies and take it back with a vengeance.

After all, they had come too far, worked too hard, and sacrificed too much to obtain what they had only to get it taken away. Naw, let's do what is needed to do and get it all back.

My Key Thoughts

Everyone that I look up to in life be it those who I personally am connected to and/or those that I admire from afar have become legendary in my eyes simply because of their Resilience ->the capacity to withstand or to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness:

Words of Inspiration

For any and every one that sees and reads all of this, I speak that whatever challenge you are facing today, you will be as resilient as you need to be and remain on your purpose. Too much is at stake for you to give up and let it all go. Make note of where you may have dropped the ball, learn from it, but pull yourself back together. Stay strong!

Last edited:
My current reading continues to lead me to recall and reexamine David's many challenging situations. This time in 1 Samuel 30:1-6. The story goes that his camp was attacked by their enemies. Wives, children, and other possessions were taken from them. David as the leader took all the blame for the negative that happened. For a minute he was not in a good mental state. It would have been understandable if he just gave up and let his life go. Yet, he didn't. The story goes on to tell how he encouraged himself in God, got his peeps together, went after the perpetrators, and got everything that was stolen back, plus more treasured possessions.

Trial Facing:
Presently I reflected on one's dealing with the pressures that come with rising to higher levels in various professional leadership roles as well as the personal leadership role that comes with being the head of one's own family. No doubt, you will face attacks from every area. That is just how it is. So, it is never a question of will this happen but --> when and how you deal with it.

Feelings Before Seeking Strength:

A leader can feel so vulnerable, weak, or even guilty in these types of situations. That leader may or may not have been at fault due to actions that led to letting one's guard down, being too trusting, overlooking things that should have been given more details to, and so on. Yet and again, life happens, and it can really mess your mind up sometimes if you let it.

Feelings After Seeking Strength:

I think the key here is to continue to focus on the positive and the things one can change or correct. In even simpler terms, what can be done about it. As David pulled himself together, maybe he thought of how he still had his physical health and strength and men around him who happened to be warriors. Maybe he thought that there is nothing to lose if they all just went after those enemies and take it back with a vengeance.

After all, they had come too far, worked too hard, and sacrificed too much to obtain what they had only to get it taken away. Naw, let's do what is needed to do and get it all back.

My Key Thoughts

Everyone that I look up to in life be it those who I personally am connected to and/or those that I admire from afar have become legendary in my eyes simply because of their Resilience ->the capacity to withstand or to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness:

Words of Inspiration

For any and every one that sees and reads all of this, I speak that whatever challenge you are facing today, you will be as resilient as you need to be and remain on your purpose. Too much is at stake for you to give up and let it all go. Stay strong!
That is a great word, @BulldogM.Ed.23 . Thanks for sharing it with us.

Back