Report: Alabama LB Mekhi Brown, who had to be restrained during title game, has transferred

You’re making too many excuses for the kid...we’ve all played sports and we’ve all gotten chewed out for making stupid plays on the field.

And these exchanges happen all the time on Saturday's.

I'm pretty sure FAMU has had their share of players with hiccups in their life.

It's easy for some of y'all to pass judgement on these kids for playing one of the most violent of sports while doing irreversible damage to their bodies and brain to help your school drive revenue and for fans to enjoy all the while trying to get an education to better themselves.

Things didn't work out at Bama, so he decided to move on...

I'm pretty sure we have all been in situations or circumstances where things didn't work out for one reason or another and we decided to move on to something else.

Just take football out of the equation for a minute. We should all be happy that this black male has been given another opportunity to further his education.

Me thinks that some of the comments are because TNSU continues to pull in big name Power 5 transfers and will see some these same programs on the field to further our winning streak...

ElW2jJd.gif

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I want y'all to have this same energy when white players do the same thing.

Much like society their antics get glossed over and some blk folk break their necks to shyt on the black kid.

Then folk wonder why we have 45 in office and Obama was one of the most disrespected Presidents in history.

Wake the hell up...

I want y'all to have this same energy when white players do the same thing.

Much like society their antics get glossed over and some blk folk break their necks to shyt on the black kid.

Then folk wonder why we have 45 in office and Obama was one of the most disrespected Presidents in history.

Wake the hell up...

Please.

You only got all this “energy” because dude transferring to your school.

Now sure what happened prior to the penalty. However, I personally think something happened earlier to cause him to "go off". I met the young man at an elementary school where he encouraged students to be their very best including academics, behavior, and attendance in school. He was very passionate about his dedication to the University of Alabama and expected playing time in the future. What happened during the game was not the person that I met. The young man that i met was a gentlemen that would make all of us proud to be associated with him. Props to Tennessee State for giving him an opportunity to continue his academics and his pursuit to be the best player possible.

I’m not upset about Tennessee State enrolling him but the hypocrisy involved. You remove one player from school but encourage another to come. Most have said that the decision was made prior to the National Championship. I’m calling that bullshit. You don’t leave a National championship team....

First the kid went off but came back in the game later.

My belief is that there was a discussion about the event and Alabama let him go. Tennessee State wanted the kid and fabricated the story that the transfer was already done.

To Tennesseee State’s credit, Jacksonville State just admitted a transfer who was accused of rape and was found to have been “responsible” for sexual assault following a Title IX investigation

So, yeah...it could’ve been worse

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I don't believe it. It sounds too easy. Alabama wanted to save face and save this young man's future. Simple as that. Alabama is a rich white folks school that has National Championship on the brain when it comes to football and they don't want anyone to tarnish their image.

They basically told this kid after they won the bowl game that he will need to leave and they will help him to go anywhere else. Then a booster stepped him and passed on cash and the kid said he planned on doing it before the season. Now let's be real...if Alabama would have not won the National Championship they would have kicked this kid off the team.

Being a WHITE championship team has its perks.

Last edited:
I don't believe it. It sounds too easy. Alabama wanted to save face and save this young man's future. Simple as that. Alabama is a rich white folks school that has National Championship on the brain when it comes to football and they don't want anyone to tarnish their image.

They basically told this kid after they won the bowl game that he will need to leave and they will help him to go anywhere else. Then a booster stepped him and passed on cash and the kid said he planned on doing it before the season. Now let's be real...if Alabama would have lot the National Championship they would have kicked this kid off the team.

Being a WHITE championship team has its perks.

WUT

You heard me....Alabama did this to save face. There was not pre-discussed school BS....this decision came afterwards. We dealing with rich white people. They save face even if it means making the offender look good. Dude went after a coach...like I said if Alabama had lost this would not have even made headlines....

You heard me....Alabama did this to save face. There was not pre-discussed school BS....this decision came afterwards. We dealing with rich white people. They save face even if it means making the offender look good. Dude went after a coach...like I said if Alabama had lost this would not have even made headlines....

There were blogs posted about the incident while the game was still going on. So, it would have made headlines regardless of the outcome.

Back