Religion & Hypocrites

S

Sonic98

I know that a lot of people who are either athiest or critics of organized religion talk about the hypocricy in some religions, and how people twist anything around to make you do something in the name of god or to show that god had a hand. But don't you think some of them are just as bad. They go out of thier way to find any reason they can to be critical of religion. OR they twist the wording of the bible for thier own means in order to denounce it.

Religion is a topic where I can't prove you wrong and you can't
prove me right. No one has ever returned from heaven or
hell in a billion years to say "I've been there".

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by BLUEBENGAL
Religion is a topic where I can't prove you wrong and you can't
prove me right. No one has ever returned from heaven or
hell in a billion years to say "I've been there".

This is just one part of religion. If you really study religion, you will see that it goes hand in hand with science. ANYTHING that is true can be proven. It is man, who takes us into outerspace and leaves us there. If the rules and guidelines presented by any religion are true, then they can be proven. For example, each of the 10 Commandments can be proven to be true because of the consequences that result from breaking them. Atheists have no ground to stand on.

The people who believe in science are cool wit me. But athiest who don't believe just for the sake of not believing bother me, and they have no ground to stand on. They're just oppurtunist looking for any reason to critisize believers.

Originally posted by Sonic98
The people who believe in science are cool wit me. But athiest who don't believe just for the sake of not believing bother me, and they have no ground to stand on. They're just oppurtunist looking for any reason to critisize believers.

You don't understand. If a person doesn't share your beliefs, that
DOES NOT make that person an atheist.

The best weapon against them is truth. If you try and argue ANY of the religions as historical fact you are going to have a problem. But if you use "the message" it should be able to be proven.

From what I've noticed, those who don't believe in God are those who are very enlightened but are in denial because they know what is ahead.

Originally posted by TBone2

You don't understand. If a person doesn't share your beliefs, that
DOES NOT make that person an atheist.

I'm not talking about the person that doesn't share my beliefs. I'm talking about the person that doesn't believe. And twists around everything that happens as evidence that God doesn't exist.

Our ancestors took religion from the White Man during slavery.
The White Man believed in God, but still he held our ancestors as slaves, what does that tell you? Religion has divided us, how can
you believe in God and not love one another? Some of the best
people I know don't attend church, Some of the worst people I
know attend church. The evil people that attend church every
Sunday are the ones that are twisting God's word, not the ones
that don't attend church or believe in God.

The people who believe that are the ones who believe the people that twist it around. You can not use slavery as an argument against religion just like you can't use Sept.11. IT's not the religion that's wrong on Sunday, it's man. A man can take any good thing and either sour it or use it for his own needs. It's not the religion that's the problem, it's human nature.

Interesting topic. I do not believe there are any true "100%" atheist. I have talked to individuals that proclaim to be an atheist. If you talk to them long enough, you will find that some tragic event took place in their life and now the deny God, out of rebellion. They do not deny the total existance of God. Most of their conversations uses the word "IF" which means that there is some doubt in their mind on the existance of God.

I had a co-worker, who proclaimed to be an atheist. I ask him why, he stated "My mom died from cancer. I prayed everyday asking God to save her and she died anyway. Why, should I believe God?" My question to him was - how and why would pray to someone that do not exist. That proves to me that you believe in "God, Jehovah or Elohim" and the only reason that you are saying that you do not belive, is due to the death of your mother.

Several months later he admitted, that he believed in the existance of God. But, did not understand why his mother died.

Sometimes I wonder if I am an existentialist Christian. That is a person who believes in God but believes he takes more of a "hands-off" approach than we think. To say he kinda just sits on high and lets us live our own lives, so the majority of our good and bad is from our own mistakes or good decisison.

Having participated in a summer program once that took me to DC for a week, I met a self-admitted athiest. If she had not even said it for herself, I'd have never known.

Sweet as pie. Cool to hang out with. Never once tried to denounce my belief or change me. It all happened when one of her friends was writing out a post card to send home. I saw it and it stated something like this..." My room mate is real nice. She's from the south. She prays every night..." There was smiley face after that comment. So I asked her what was up. She said she was athiest. I was like "how"...She said, I simply don't believe that there is a supreme being.

It was her choice. One guy in our group tried convincing her of why she was wrong. She never raised a brow. She just did not acknoledge ANY God. So anything else was moot...

Why concern ya self with their believe. They have a right to it....:confused:

Well although I don't consider myself an athiest, I am an anostic. I disagree with the arguments that 100% athiest don't exit as well as athiest not having anything to stand on. What you have to understand is athiest view the existance of God the same way you view the existance of ghost and goblins. Many people who are dard hard religous tend to right off atheist as being devil worshipers, but you would be suprise to know that they are normal people with morals and all of them did not have a horrible event that happen to them that made them that way. For them, the Bible is not a very creditable source to prove Gods existance partly due to its contradictions.

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov. 1:7

"The way of a fool is right in his won eyes, but a wise man is he who listens to counsel." Prov. 12:15

And the finale

"The fool HAS said in his heart, 'There is no God'". They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good." Ps. 14:1

"Do all the workers of wickedness not know, who eat up my people as they eat bread, and do not call upon the Lord? There they are in great dread, for God is with the righteous generation."
Ps. 14:4,5

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag

I have no problems with people like the ones you mentioned. The people I have a problem with are the ones who don't believe and know nothing about the bible, but they try to be criticial of it. The people I have a problem with are the Athiest that are always doing anything they can to find the smallest incnosistency in the bible or a religious individual. Like the people you find on these anti-religion websites and forums. If you don't believe, just shut up and don't believe. Don't do the same thing you accuse the people you critisize of doing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JAGCAT
Religion has divided us.

Who cares if someone don't believe in God? I know I don't. People
have different beliefs, you're not going to change their beliefs by
quoting scriptures from the Bible. :idea:

Originally posted by Tigger2

Huh?I think he was trying to say that organized religion has it's down falls.

First, let me say this. As a Christian, we ALL SHOULD care. Christ commissioned us to "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world."
Matt. 28:19,20

Second, Jude states: "But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, that they were saying to you, 'In the last time there shall be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts.' These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life. And have mercy on some, who are doubting; save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh."

Jude 17-23

Tigger2

Who cares if someone don't believe in God? I know I don't.

Without going into a lot of scripture about belief. Permit, me to ask you why not? If you do not want to share this with the board you cam PM or e-mail.

Blackbengal,

Well put. You're right, all Christians should care. That's why Jesus came in the first place.
Not every Atheist falls into this category but I've met some people who spend most of their time, money, resources, etc trying to disprove our God whom they claim not to believe in in the first place.:rolleyes: Most atheist have God on their minds more than some Christians.:confused:

Here's food for thought, HELL WON'T HAVE ANY ATHEIST. Think about it.;)

Oh yeah, to the ones who say, "Believers are hypocrites", you've got to go back and relearn the first rule of Christianity which is.........People aren't your examply by which you live your life, Jesus Christ is!

Don't worry about:
"What Would Keisha Do?" or "What Would Jamal Do?" or "What Would Willie Do?"
because some of these people might 'hypocrites' so instead, focus on....
"What Would Jesus Do!" He's definitely NOT a Hypocrite!

That's all they can do, they have nothing else to stand on. They
don't know the Bible is a bunch of stories written by man!
Governor Ventura calls organized religion a "crutch for weak-minded people." I somewhat agree. All you need is common sense and a good heart and everything else will fall into place.
This is the United States it's your Constitutional right to believe or
not believe in God.

BIGBLUE

I am not sure I understand your comment. Are you in agreement with Tigger2?

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. {Romans 2:16}

All you need is common sense and a good heart and everything else will fall into place.
THIS was definitely thought of and written by man.
Bigblu
God measures OUR "alrightness" against HIS Holiness.
The Truth is, you & me on our BEST day, would not compare to Holiness on it's WORST day. That's why we need Jesus to represent us to God and make us 'alright.'

God used people to write down His inspired Word just like He's used people to do 1000s of things through out time.
In His Infinite Wisdom, He chose people back then to write down whatever they wrote - in order for us to have today what we have.

We give 'man' way too much credit. No man with out God can write anything close to what the Bible is. Anyone who's actually read the bible would know that.

There's a reason why the Bible is the best selling book in the history of the world. There's a reason why more literature has been written about Jesus than about any other man in history. There's a reason why people create websites about Jesus, write books about Him, spend money researching His Life on earth, and have numerous conversations that focus 100% on Him ALL before they claim to believe that He IS.:confused:

Originally posted by BIGBLUE

That's all they can do, they have nothing else to stand on. They
don't know the Bible is a bunch of stories written by man!
Governor Ventura calls organized religion a "crutch for weak-minded people." All you need is common sense and a good heart and everything else will fall into place.
This is the United States it's your Constitutional right to believe or
not believe in God.

I STRONGLY AGREE.

Back