Record Predictions

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
In the East

1.) J state 10-2 we will split between BCU or FAMU and I have us dropping to either Alcorn or ULM early

JSU has too much returning & added depth on top of it this off season. Itโ€™ll come down to coaching and TC Taylorโ€™s play calling. JSU schedule is set for them to only have one loss at the most coming into FAMU week.

2.) Tied 2nd FAMU 8-4 loses to the FBS schools, SCSU or BCU, and JSU is a toss up

Famu lost a lot. I believe the offense will regress a touch , but theyโ€™ll still have a top 10 FCS defense. They have a lot of folks returning. The offense should hit their stride near the end of the season. Remember, txsu had them down 21 , they needed a special teams Miracle last time they visited Alabama State. Their first six games are brutal and they have Alabama State and Jackson State on the road. An Improved BCU on paper presents a challenge in Orlando. We have to see famu under The new HC. Right now theyโ€™re in the position JSU was last year. A lot of turnover and Transfer portal diving , but has to gel on the field.

Tied-2nd BCU 8-4 loses to USF, Mercer is a close loss, WMU , j state or famu (they will beat one of the top dogs in the east).

They will beat Alabama state and have the early swac hype in the east. I believe JSU and FAMU are competitive games and they can beat one of the two. Their schedule is favorable in conference. They get JSU and Alabama State at home. They were a tough team last year riddled by injuries and bad QB play. Theyโ€™re ready to be a contender in waiting this year and theyโ€™ll really contend next season.

4) Alabama A&M 6-5 losses the other Alabama FBS team, J state , Famu , Austin Peay , and bcu

A&M will start hot after a loss to Auburn , but the pressure will set in for Mayor in bigger games. Close losses to J state and Famu but no cigar. The problem will forever be A&Mโ€™s defense. I have Maynor fired before magic city classic. After that the team will play pride ball and get a win over Alabama state in OT. Once A&M gets the right coach in there theyโ€™ll be back in the mix to contend.

5 Alabama state 6-6 losses to Famu , JSU, BCU, samford , Alabama A&M , & Alcorn state.

Alabama state will start off 2-1 and look like theyโ€™re on their way until they run into BCU. Itโ€™ll be a competitive game , but Coaching, key defensive losses, and what this offense will look like will be key. Alabama state does have a favorable home schedule. JSU and FAMU travel to them. However, J state is out for blood from last seasons homecoming lossโ€ฆ and FAMU is a very close game but a Robinson coaching blunder allows the snakes to slither out of Alabama beaten up with a win. I also believe A&M gets a pride win over state after they fire Maynor.

6.) Valley 2-10 losses to everyone but Lamar and uapb

Theyโ€™ll be competitive in some swac game's this year and I believe if youโ€™re not careful they can catch a team slipping like they did PV in the past. They need to get two solid seasons of recruiting together to be more competitive.

Last edited:
In the East

1.) J state 9-2 we will split between BCU or FAMU and I have us dropping to either Alcorn or ULM early

JSU has too much returning & added depth on top of it this off season. Itโ€™ll come down to coaching and TC Taylorโ€™s play calling. JSU schedule is set for them to only have one loss at the most coming into FAMU week.

2.) Tied 2nd FAMU 8-4 loses to the FBS schools, SCSU or BCU, and JSU is a toss up

Famu lost a lot. I believe the offense will regress a touch , but theyโ€™ll still have a top 10 FCS defense. They have a lot of folks returning. The offense should hit their stride near the end of the season. Remember, txsu had them down 21 , they needed a special teams Miracle last time they visited Alabama State. Their first six games are brutal and they have Alabama State and Jackson State on the road. An Improved BCU on paper presents a challenge in Orlando. We have to see famu under The new HC. Right now theyโ€™re in the position JSU was last year. A lot of turnover and Transfer portal diving , but has to gel on the field.

Tied-2nd BCU 8-4 loses to USF, Mercer is a close loss, WMU , j state or famu (they will beat one of the top dogs in the east).

They will beat Alabama state and have the early swac hype in the east. I believe JSU and FAMU are competitive games and they can beat one of the two. Their schedule is favorable in conference. They get JSU and Alabama State at home. They were a tough team last year riddled by injuries and bad QB play. Theyโ€™re ready to be a contender in waiting this year and theyโ€™ll really contend next season.

4) Alabama A&M 6-5 losses the other Alabama FBS team, J state , Famu , Austin Peay , and bcu

A&M will start hot after a loss to Auburn , but the pressure will set in for Mayor in bigger games. Close losses to J state and Famu but no cigar. The problem will forever be A&Mโ€™s defense. I have Maynor fired before magic city classic. After that the team will play pride ball and get a win over Alabama state in OT. Once A&M gets the right coach in there theyโ€™ll be back in the mix to contend.

5 Alabama state 6-6 losses to Famu , JSU, BCU, samford , Alabama A&M , & Alcorn state.

Alabama state will start off 2-1 and look like theyโ€™re on their way until they run into BCU. Itโ€™ll be a competitive game , but Coaching, key defensive losses, and what this offense will look like will be key. Alabama state does have a favorable home schedule. JSU and FAMU travel to them. However, J state is out for blood from last seasons homecoming lossโ€ฆ and FAMU is a very close game but a Robinson coaching blunder allows the snakes to slither out of Alabama beaten up with a win. I also believe A&M gets a pride win over state after they fire Maynor.

6.) Valley 2-10 losses to everyone but Lamar and uapb

Theyโ€™ll be competitive in some swac game's this year and I believe if youโ€™re not careful they can catch a team slipping like they did PV in the past. They need to get two solid seasons of recruiting together to be more competitive.
I'm sure you meant 10-2. 12 game season

Mane y'all have a lot of faith in a 3-8 team ๐Ÿ˜†. I still say bama state will be a power in the east. They went 7-4 and actually improved in the areas they were lacking on paper. Hired an OC that won the celebration bowl and brought in a proven Swac QB but somehow folks expecting them to do worse ๐Ÿ˜†...I don't get that logic at all.
Using logic JSU and Bama st should be the teams to beat in the east. Both of those teams improved in areas they were weak in and bring back proven qbs and staffs. I can see famu getting the benefit of doubt based on what they did last season. They are still trying to build that roster back up but still talented.

I'm sure you meant 10-2. 12 game season

Mane y'all have a lot of faith in a 3-8 team ๐Ÿ˜†. I still say bama state will be a power in the east. They went 7-4 and actually improved in the areas they were lacking on paper. Hired an OC that won the celebration bowl and brought in a proven Swac QB but somehow folks expecting them to do worse ๐Ÿ˜†...I don't get that logic at all.
Using logic JSU and Bama st should be the teams to beat in the east. Both of those teams improved in areas they were weak in and bring back proven qbs and staffs. I can see famu getting the benefit of doubt based on what they did last season. They are still trying to build that roster back up but still talented.
Alabama State has to prove they are the team to beat. They beat us last season with a very good defense. Managed to find a serviceable QB. They lost key pieces on that defense. The addition of Andrew Body is a plus. However, I have concerns about Robinson Jr playing too conservative and safe. I like the UAPB transfer pick up and a few other transfers for their defense. I guess Iโ€™m buying bcu as a dark horse this year. If Alabama state loses on the road to BCUโ€ฆ there ability to contend is in jeopardy. You still have JSU & FAMU plus Alcorn State on the road. I still think FAMU will be in the mix. ASU being a top dog in the East wouldnโ€™t surprise me , but I just made a case for why I think the schedule presents issues.

Alabama State has to prove they are the team to beat. They beat us last season with a very good defense. Managed to find a serviceable QB. They lost key pieces on that defense. The addition of Andrew Body is a plus. However, I have concerns about Robinson Jr playing too conservative and safe. I like the UAPB transfer pick up and a few other transfers for their defense. I guess Iโ€™m buying bcu as a dark horse this year. If Alabama state loses on the road to BCUโ€ฆ there ability to contend is in jeopardy. You still have JSU & FAMU plus Alcorn State on the road. I still think FAMU will be in the mix. ASU being a top dog in the East wouldnโ€™t surprise me , but I just made a case for why I think the schedule presents issues.
Yea that proving they are the team to beat goes for everybody.. including us. Alabama state improved their deficiency from last year so I can only assume they will be better in year 3. Bcu still got the same qbs from last year plus the addition of that new comer they just brought in a few weeks ago. Bringing in a lot of FBS guys don't really mean anything. Maynor brought in 26 FBS players in 2022 and them folks went 4-7 lol. I'm just not drinking the kool-aid lol. They are still a 3-8 team until proven otherwise. My top 4 are JSU/Bama..PV/Alcorn..all 4 of those teams return the most starters and most of their staff. Proven teams already.

Jackson State: Losses = ULM
Possible Losses = FAMU, AlaState, Grambling, BCU

Until otherwise proven, we can't beat a FBS opponent. No matter how sorry ULM may be, they might still drop 50 on us. FAMU shouldnt present a problem to THEE but just like FAMU plays poorly on the road, last year JSU played poorly at home, losing to two inferior teams and struggling with two others. I am also personally not sold on our QB situation. I think a healthy Morgan would have led us to victory vs AlaState and Alcorn last year but the man is injury-prone. Let's hope that we can get the best of him these next two seasons. The only reason I give any credit to the next three opponents is that they are on the road. I don't think either will have the talent or coaching to beat JSU. BUT Alabama State always plays us hard and BCU will be hype for homecoming. For what will likely be their only sell-out crowd of the season, that place should be rocking. Also, TC has to show that he can put a consistent product on the field. Having said all of that, I think JSU is capable of going 12-0 but we need a few things to gel, including a young defensive staff. I dont think anyone comes close to our talent or returning experience. If all goes well, this could be the start of a dynasty.

Record Prediction = 9-3, East Champs, SCG champs (10-3) and CB champs ( 11-3). We will lose to ULM and, at the most, two of the possible loss teams.

Back