Razors or Clippers?

attachment.php

Oh yeah, I used this in college and in the army...but I used the gold can. My dad showed me how to use it before I ever shaved before in my life.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Razors give some people bumps and so do clippers from the results of the posts. Do what works for you, Im not switching to razors ever no matter what you all say lol. Im not about to look like a nestle crunch by the face ever again, its embarrassing. Razors break me out, while clippers give me the option to trim my beard neatly and detailed as well as a clean shave....

I'm scared of that magic shave stuff...so does your hair just fall off?

No, you scrap it off with a flat edge. I used a butter knife to mix it up and put it on my face, then after it dried up I would just scrap it off. The hair would just come off and then I would rinse my face afterwards.

No, you scrap it off with a flat edge. I used a butter knife to mix it up and put it on my face, then after it dried up I would just scrap it off. The hair would just come off and then I would rinse my face afterwards.

any bumps?

Razors give some people bumps and so do clippers from the results of the posts. Do what works for you, Im not switching to razors ever no matter what you all say lol. Im not about to look like a nestle crunch by the face ever again, its embarrassing. Razors break me out, while clippers give me the option to trim my beard neatly and detailed as well as a clean shave....

You can get it neat, but not a clean shave. I used clippers to shave my face for years and the comparison is like night and day. Plus your hair doesn't grow back as fast. With clippers I had to shave my face everyday and even though it got low to the skin if I looked close enough I could still see the hair there. I just charged it to the game since I didnt want to use a razor. For dudes that shave their heads though you can easily tell who uses a razor and who uses clippers.

I'm scared of that magic shave stuff...so does your hair just fall off?

I tried it and it stinks like hell. I used it once and I could still see hair on my head after using it. That stuff will have your whole house smelling like funyuns.

I tried it and it stinks like hell. I used it once and I could still see hair on my head after using it. That stuff will have your whole house smelling like funyuns.

That's the blue & red cans, I've always used the gold can as it doesn't smell.

Razors break me out bad, its to the point where I cant even touch my face for a while. Im good with shaving every other day lol
You can get it neat, but not a clean shave. I used clippers to shave my face for years and the comparison is like night and day. Plus your hair doesn't grow back as fast. With clippers I had to shave my face everyday and even though it got low to the skin if I looked close enough I could still see the hair there. I just charged it to the game since I didnt want to use a razor. For dudes that shave their heads though you can easily tell who uses a razor and who uses clippers.

It is a depilatory so be careful of the time, as the sulpher will burn your face and take off your skin!

1) you need to find what is best for YOUR skin, it's good to get advice, but what works for YOUR SKIN. Like for me I can shave my head or face with a razor and never bump up, unless I dont wash properly before and after the shave.

2) dont try to different techniques too often, that's just as bad for your skin. You need to train and get your skin acclimated to what ever soap, cream, gel, razor, etc you are going to use. If you switch too often it will irritate your skin. ( I actually read an article a few months ago that talked about all the different products they have out for men, especially with the different scents, is doing more harm than good for mien's skin health).

3) I know you know this, but sometimes it helps to reaffirm stuff.

So true... I use Magic for my face, as I can use a razor on my head and not bump out...

It is a depilatory so be careful of the time, as the sulpher will burn your face and take off your skin!

I started using Magic Shave when in college and 1 or 2 years after. I am certainly glad I graduated from Magic Shave a long time ago. I would not rest until finding my shaving niche' and probably asked a hundred people what was I doing wrong with the razor. :lol: :emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Oh yeah, I used this in college and in the army...but I used the gold can. My dad showed me how to use it before I ever shaved before in my life.

Nothing works for me except magic shaving powder (red can). My dad used it and when I started shaving he walked me through the process. Just return from a cruise and was forced to used a razor. My face is irritated with bumps but the shaving powder will clear it up now that I'm home. My face will return to the smoothness of a baby's bottom.

Hold up Ravel.... Put that Eyebrow archer down brother. :lol:

I didn't like the way Magic shave made my head feel. I had some adverse reactions of the skin to that stuff. I felt like I was on the runway to cancer.

Hold up Ravel.... Put that Eyebrow archer down brother. :lol:

I didn't like the way Magic shave made my head feel. I had some adverse reactions of the skin to that stuff. I felt like I was on the runway to cancer.

Its the sharpest blade you can find besides a straight edge razors......Got tired of almost cutting my lip off with straight edge or double edge razors.

my skin is very sensitive....so I just ended up growing a beard out. My barber line me with the razor..and i just maintain it with the t-outliners..and use the liners on my neck. I keep them how they came out the box too...not adjusting the blade. Exfoliate with St. Ives...and I use Tend Skin. Been doing good since.

6780_523474561638_1542678_n.jpg

Your hair growing back is what causes the bumping. Understand how to manage the regrowth and using a razor won't be an issue. First time I used a razor my face was smooth as a baby's ass for a day or two. Then the hair started growing back and I bumped like crazy. I went to Magic at that point and used it for years. Got tired of the long process though. Educated myself on handling my regrowth and went back to the razor. Been using a razor for years. If you look at the bumps on your face closely, you'll see where a hair has curled and penetrated your skin, thus causing the inflammation and bump. Flick it out. Use a hot water heated towel to open up your pores. Keep your face clean.

Your hair growing back is what causes the bumping. Understand how to manage the regrowth and using a razor won't be an issue. First time I used a razor my face was smooth as a baby's ass for a day or two. Then the hair started growing back and I bumped like crazy. I went to Magic at that point and used it for years. Got tired of the long process though. Educated myself on handling my regrowth and went back to the razor. Been using a razor for years. If you look at the bumps on your face closely, you'll see where a hair has curled and penetrated your skin, thus causing the inflammation and bump. Flick it out. Use a hot water heated towel to open up your pores. Keep your face clean.

Rob, I've tried that. It still does not work for me. Spent an hour in the mirror with tweezers today. Magic shaving powder is the choice for all men in my family. The smell is atrocious. LOL...My wife makes me go in the garage to use it.

Thing is, I was just like all yall talking about bumps when I first started trying to use a razor but I don't get them anymore.

Back