Raymond Woodie Jr BCU Head Coach

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
He was on staff when South Florida was ranked, I believe #4 when Taggert was there. I think the Lb coach. They had BEAST linebackers then. A while back though.
Congrats, on to bigger and better things. I wish you all well except against my Texas Southern Tigers.

Woodie, a Bethune-Cookman alum, has worked at places such as FAU, spent the last 13 seasons working under Willie Taggart at a combination of Western Kentucky, USF, Oregon, Florida State and FAU.

Woodie was Taggart’s associate head coach, recruiting coordinator, outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at FAU. He was Florida State’s linebackers coach in 2018 and ’19 and the special teams coordinator and outside linebackers under Taggart at Oregon.

Last edited:
Like the JSU and Valley hires... go with someone who knows and love the school

This should put some ice on the celebrity coaching hires for a while

Pine Bluff nearly did the same. Their new coach is from Arkansas, raised less than fifty miles from Pine Bluff, and got his first coaching opportunity at UAPB. It all has to count for something.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

I have to be the first to admit that I DID NOT WANT TC. I wanted Ed Reed or Kevin Sumlin or ANYBODY but TC. I wanted a "big name".
In saying that, I have to also admit that, contrary to popular opinion, I am NOT always correct.

#PlayforTC #GuardTHEEYard

Congrats, on to bigger and better things. I wish you all well except against my Texas Southern Tigers.

Woodie, a Bethune-Cookman alum, has worked at places such as FAU, spent the last 13 seasons working under Willie Taggart at a combination of Western Kentucky, USF, Oregon, Florida State and FAU.

Woodie was Taggart’s associate head coach, recruiting coordinator, outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at FAU. He was Florida State’s linebackers coach in 2018 and ’19 and the special teams coordinator and outside linebackers under Taggart at Oregon.

I didnt know Woodie was an alum of BCU.

Pine Bluff nearly did the same. Their new coach is from Arkansas, raised less than fifty miles from Pine Bluff, and got his first coaching opportunity at UAPB. It all has to count for something.

He has familarity with the area and school so on paper, it's a good hire

Totally different from what BCU just went through

It’s a solid hire. Let the guy build his team first.

Nothing with change and embracing that change for the better but it’s a way to do everything. Hopefully BCU and HBCU’s as a whole learned from the Ed Reed situation.

Back