Question for NCCU

I keep telling folks quietly NCCU's Athletic Department Pre-covid was rolling. We had a 15 million dollar budget on pace to reach 19 million, we 3-peated in basketball and football championships while only being D1 less than 10 years. Improving facilities was the last frontier for us. That damn chancellor took office and slowly eroded the department and the university into a mess.

I keep telling folks quietly NCCU's Athletic Department Pre-covid was rolling. We had a 15 million dollar budget on pace to reach 19 million, we 3-peated in basketball and football championships while only being D1 less than 10 years. Improving facilities was the last frontier for us. That damn chancellor took office and slowly eroded the department and the university into a mess.
I wonder what lead the current AD to say all the stuff he did in the BOT meeting and in the press, as it seems everything that is coming out is contradicting his own statements. At the rate I can't take what he says as being the truth unless he is under oath.

Hopefully the new chancellor will get all this stuff straight and get NCCU back on track in athletics from a financial stand point. I have seen alot of good progress happening with the new buildings going up on campus and the demolish of old buildings, so I was looking forward to what was going to happen with the athletics facilities.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I wonder what lead the current AD to say all the stuff he did in the BOT meeting and in the press, as it seems everything that is coming out is contradicting his own statements. At the rate I can't take what he says as being the truth unless he is under oath.

Hopefully the new chancellor will get all this stuff straight and get NCCU back on track in athletics from a financial stand point. I have seen alot of good progress happening with the new buildings going up on campus and the demolish of old buildings, so I was looking forward to what was going to happen with the athletics facilities.

The answer to your question is staring you right in the face.

He calls yall BAMAs and talk down on HBCUs but yall still listen and put money in his pocket. :(
While I disagree with his use of the term BAMAs among other terms, but I think overall he does good. I have family members that I disagree with on a number of issues, but if they picked up a phone and said they needed some help I would be there for them. I see offscript in a similar light. No one is perfect, but I believe his intent is in the right place. He could of left covering HBCUs when Coach Prime moved to CU like some other you tubers, but he stayed in HBCU media.

He has help to get the world out about HBCUs behind the scenes to some recruits, help to fund raise for Zo when his apartment complex burned down, bringing up issues that no one seems to want to talk about but a discussion need to be had, etc.

Last edited:
While I disagree with his use of the term BAMAs among other terms, but I think overall he does good. I have family members that I disagree with on a number of issues, but if they picked up a phone and said they needed some help I would be there for them. I see offscript in a similar light. No one is perfect, but I believe his intent is in the right place. He could of left covering HBCUs when Coach Prime moved to CU like some other you tubers, but he stayed in HBCU media.

He has help to get the world out about HBCUs behind the scenes to some recruits, help to fund raise for Zo when his apartment complex burned down, bringing up issues that no one seems to want to talk about but a discussion need to be had, etc.
Why would he leave when he can disrespect yall every day and get paid!? 🤣 🤣 😭 😭
I have no idea what he does that is good. I wouldn't dare tune in.
But yall grown. Keep doing what you do. I also have no idea what other YouTubers left HBCU media with Coach Prime because I only watch and continue to watch the ones who are true blue Jacksonians or long-time HBCU media like HBCU Sports Lab. Discernment is key. I don't even watch podcasters who f with him. Their discernment is off.

But let me get off my soapbox. My post might get him clicks... lol

Back