Project 2025 MAGA plan to Destroy democracy in the United States

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Reagan's legacy is bad enough.

Note that Roberts benefitted from public funding.

----------

https://www.notus.org/david-montgomery

Under Kevin Roberts, the influential D.C. think tank has moved away from the Reagan legacy and toward Trumpism. But Roberts has bigger ambitions still.

Roberts grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana, in a poor family that he has described as “besieged by the early signs of our nation’s social decay.” His grandparents helped raise him after his parents split when he was 4; his teenage brother took his own life when Roberts was 9. His mother qualified for subsidized housing, and Roberts received free or reduced-price lunches in the public schools.

I asked if his personal experience led him to value the social safety net that is typically associated with liberal policies. “As a conservative, not a libertarian, I believe — and we at Heritage believe — in the safety nets,” he said. “What became a real vital part of my conservatism — maybe the second most important part after my faith — is that those programs work really well when they work in conjunction with healthy institutions of civil society. Of course, the most important institution I didn’t have, which is the nuclear family. But I had the church, I had my extended family … the Boy Scouts. … My biggest motivation as a conservative, far more important than anything I have to say on national security, at least as far as I’m concerned, is rehabilitating those things. … That’s the America I want to rebuild, and that’s an America where I think very diverse peoples can flourish. … That’s my big passion as a conservative, from that boyhood experience.”

The topic of Roberts’ dissertation wasn’t the first you’d guess of a future president of Heritage. “Kevin is literally the only conservative I know who has ever written about the culture of enslaved people,” Sidbury told me. Roberts’ 2003 study, “Slaves and Slavery in Louisiana: The Evolution of Atlantic World Identities, 1791-1831,” broke new ground in the field, Sidbury said, using novel evidence including Catholic baptismal records to show how enslaved people constructed forms of daily resistance within the confines of their oppression.

When Kevin went to Heritage,” said Greg Sindelar, who succeeded Roberts as head of the Texas Public Policy Foundation, “what it signaled to me, as somebody outside the D.C. bubble, is a shift in the center of gravity of the conservative movement.

The work was strong enough to land Roberts a tenure-track position at New Mexico State University. In 2006, he published “African American Issues,” a volume in a series of ethnic studies texts for high school and college students. In it, Roberts takes up still-burning issues including reparations for slavery, criminal justice, affirmative action, school choice, standardized tests, welfare to work, and election reform. Each issue is framed in a formulaic both-sides structure. On the question of whether racism remains systemically present in parts of society, he cites opposing advocates and draws no conclusions.

Reagan's legacy is bad enough.

Note that Roberts benefitted from public funding.

----------

https://www.notus.org/david-montgomery

Under Kevin Roberts, the influential D.C. think tank has moved away from the Reagan legacy and toward Trumpism. But Roberts has bigger ambitions still.

Roberts grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana, in a poor family that he has described as “besieged by the early signs of our nation’s social decay.” His grandparents helped raise him after his parents split when he was 4; his teenage brother took his own life when Roberts was 9. His mother qualified for subsidized housing, and Roberts received free or reduced-price lunches in the public schools.

I asked if his personal experience led him to value the social safety net that is typically associated with liberal policies. “As a conservative, not a libertarian, I believe — and we at Heritage believe — in the safety nets,” he said. “What became a real vital part of my conservatism — maybe the second most important part after my faith — is that those programs work really well when they work in conjunction with healthy institutions of civil society. Of course, the most important institution I didn’t have, which is the nuclear family. But I had the church, I had my extended family … the Boy Scouts. … My biggest motivation as a conservative, far more important than anything I have to say on national security, at least as far as I’m concerned, is rehabilitating those things. … That’s the America I want to rebuild, and that’s an America where I think very diverse peoples can flourish. … That’s my big passion as a conservative, from that boyhood experience.”

The topic of Roberts’ dissertation wasn’t the first you’d guess of a future president of Heritage. “Kevin is literally the only conservative I know who has ever written about the culture of enslaved people,” Sidbury told me. Roberts’ 2003 study, “Slaves and Slavery in Louisiana: The Evolution of Atlantic World Identities, 1791-1831,” broke new ground in the field, Sidbury said, using novel evidence including Catholic baptismal records to show how enslaved people constructed forms of daily resistance within the confines of their oppression.

When Kevin went to Heritage,” said Greg Sindelar, who succeeded Roberts as head of the Texas Public Policy Foundation, “what it signaled to me, as somebody outside the D.C. bubble, is a shift in the center of gravity of the conservative movement.

The work was strong enough to land Roberts a tenure-track position at New Mexico State University. In 2006, he published “African American Issues,” a volume in a series of ethnic studies texts for high school and college students. In it, Roberts takes up still-burning issues including reparations for slavery, criminal justice, affirmative action, school choice, standardized tests, welfare to work, and election reform. Each issue is framed in a formulaic both-sides structure. On the question of whether racism remains systemically present in parts of society, he cites opposing advocates and draws no conclusions.

sounds like a Louisiana redneck trying to flip America back to the 1800s...these people are in a racist cult lol

I FULLY REALIZE THIS IS A LOT TO READ, BUT ONE SHOULD KEEP THIS DOCUMENT AS REFERENCE AND FULLY KNOW AND APPRECIATE WHAT IS AT STAKE IN THE UPCOMING GENERAL ELECTION.

Project 2025 isn't any different than what Trump has been saying for years ... on social media, at campaign rallies, and on his website. In other words, none of this is new.
...BUT NOW IT IS FORMALIZED, IN FULL PUBLIC VIEW AND DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE OF WHERE THESE PEOPLE DESIRE TO TAKE OUR NATION. FOLKS SHOULD SPEND SOME TIME WITH GETTING FAMILIAR WITH THIS DOCUMENT.

Project 2025 isn't any different than what Trump has been saying for years ... on social media, at campaign rallies, and on his website. In other words, none of this is new.
TRUE.
HOWEVER, SO MANY PEOPLE SUBSCRIBE TO THINGS THAT THEY HAVE NOT EVEN BOTHERED TO READ. YOU ASK THEM FOR AS SPECIFIC POINT OF REFERENCE OR CONTEXT AND THEY WILL LOOK AT YOU AS IF A THIRD EYE WERE GROWING OUT OF YOUR HEAD. THIS DOCUMENT PROVIDES THAT SPECIFIC CONTEXT AND POINT OF REFERENCE. HOW MANY FOLKS DO YOU KNOW THAT ARE QUICK TO QUOTE A BIBLE PASSAGE, BUT IF YOU ASK THEM HOW THEY KNOW THAT TO BE TRUE OR WHERE IT IS REFERENCED IN THE BIBLE, THEY HAVE NOT A SINGLE CLUE.

Last edited:
Few people, in general, are going to read a 900-page document. Everyone is reacting to Project 2025 based on how other people have interpreted it.

Few people, in general, are going to read a 900-page document. Everyone is reacting to Project 2025 based on how other people have interpreted it.

I have a copy of it-folks are not lying about how toxic it is and includes stuff that doesn't actually happen.

Here is WHAT is so FUNNY Project 2025 goes after social media. Including Facebook, Twitter and Tik Tok.
Elon Musk is backing a party that wants to get rid of Twitter.

Now what is funny there are parts of it that LOL do make SENSE.

Value the military family. Military service requires extreme sacrifices by families.
1. Support legislation to increase wages and family allowances for active duty enlisted personnel. No uniformed personnel should ever have to
rely on social benefits like as food stamps or public housing assistance.
2. Improve base housing and consider the military family holistically when considering change-of-station moves.
3. Improve spouse employment opportunities and protections, including licensing reform,14 and expand childcare.
4. Audit all curricula and health policies in DOD schools for military families, remove all inappropriate materials, and reverse
inappropriate policies.
5. Support legislation giving education savings account options to military families.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
...AND I SPECIFICALLY NEVER REQUESTED OR EVEN SUGGESTED ANYONE READ A 900+ PAGE DOCUMENT. I WONDER HOW MANY HAVE EVEN SIMPLY SCANNED THE DOCUMENT AND READ A SPECIFIC INTERESTING PORTION OF THE DOCUMENT? THERE IS SOME UNFORTUNATE TRUTH IN THE OLD SAYING; "IF YOU WANT TO HIDE SOMETHING FROM A BLACK PERSON PUT IT IN A BOOK".

No one will be able to say that they didn't know what was coming....they can only say that they chose not to educate themselves on the matter. I will not have sympathy for the..."I wish I had known"...story from them.

No one will be able to say that they didn't know what was coming....they can only say that they chose not to educate themselves on the matter. I will not have sympathy for the..."I wish I had known"...story from them.
I AGREE COMPLETELY.

I have a copy of it-folks are not lying about how toxic it is and includes stuff that doesn't actually happen.

Here is WHAT is so FUNNY Project 2025 goes after social media. Including Facebook, Twitter and Tik Tok.

Value the military family. Military service requires extreme sacrifices by families.
1. Support legislation to increase wages and family allowances for active duty enlisted personnel. No uniformed personnel should ever have to
2. Improve base housing and consider the military family holistically when considering change-of-station moves.
3. Improve spouse employment opportunities and protections, including licensing reform,14 and expand childcare.
Does this mean a spouse gets preferential treatment over someone more qualified? ( you do see where I'm doing with this?)
4. Audit all curricula and health policies in DOD schools for military families, remove all inappropriate materials, and reverse
inappropriate policies.
Who defines what is inappropriate?
5. Support legislation giving education savings account options to military families.

inappropriate policies.
What is their motive and overall objective for those policy positions?

Every dictator and would be dictator knows the support of the military is vital to the survival of a dictatorship. Military coups are predictable when dictators fail to satisfy their armed forces. Satisfy them, and corrupt the upper brass, then your apparatus to quell rebellions is in place.

Does this mean a spouse gets preferential treatment over someone more qualified? ( you do see where I'm doing with this?)

Who defines what is inappropriate?

You know the answer to that. That is targeting LGBTQA+ folks.

Okay I see what you mean with that one.

Every dictator and would be dictator knows the support of the military is vital to the survival of a dictatorship. Military coups are predictable when dictators fail to satisfy their armed forces. Satisfy them, and corrupt the upper brass, then your apparatus to quell rebellions is in place.

Yeah that high school requirement of passing some military test only applies to public schools not private. In other words POC and poor whites.

Back