Programmers

Killer Bees

Is it me or does it seem like the industry is picking up again? I gotting six inquiries within one week. Unfortunately, most have been six months projects and one six weeks. :tdown:

Recruiters have told me that the market is picking back up. Those that were laid off have jumped back into the market, but at a lower rate of pay. Outsourcing overseas has a cheaper rate of pay, but there is an infrastructure cost, plus the fact that many Americans consumers didn't accept the language problem that was associated with outsourcing.

Although there is still more outsourcing to come, the only major players in outsoucing will be medium to large companies because it isn't cost affected for smaller companies.

.Net developers are pretty hot right now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Da_Sperm said:
.Net developers are pretty hot right now.

You got that right. .Net is really hot right now. I got a bite from a contractor paying $40 a hour, but dropped it because that is without benefits.

I thought about Huntsville. Between NASA and Redstone Arsenal, the chances of finding programming work would be easier.

It seems like the contractor jobs were always hot when I was looking for something steady. Which job websites are you using.

Careerbuilder and the Yahoo job site were pretty good to me. People have told me Dice was good but it never paid off for me.

Right now, I am just doing careerbuilder and monster. I am getting most of my hits from monster. I am preparing myself because my contract might be ending in a few months.

Killer Bees said:
I thought about Huntsville. Between NASA and Redstone Arsenal, the chances of finding programming work would be easier.
Man we got over 40 Software positions open now. Hit me on the PM if you want some info.

Back