Politick-Al games in the workplace...

Panther88

Banned
Advacements of others who you deem may not be worthy? Looked over when promotions occurred? Cost of living increase was lower than you expected? Bonus(es) weren't as expected? Others receiving praise when they're actually unworthy? Someone from the outside hired into a higher position than yours? Seeking advancement and current mgmt hinders your career growth?

Ever experienced those? I wanna' hear some stories (which should be everybody) before I spout this latest and greatest move by some of my cohorts @ this dum' ass company that I currently work for :). Pure comedy @ it's best. :mad:

Recently a girl did not get a raise at her job. She got a strike against because they said she socializes too much.

I have a Soror who works for one of the districts in the Metroplex. She has worked for the same district since she graduated in 1993. She has both her Masters in Adminstration, and her endorsement/certification to be an asst. principal or principal.

Needless to say, this "progressive" district brought in "qualified individuals" to fill positions that could have been very well filled by people within their own district ... not just Us, either. Good people, PERIOD.

Farging Bastidges! :redhot:

*hanging head in shame*

That's SUBS_ _, but, not too surprising. I saw that mess occurring while a student.

At my part time job all of the time. This dingy white girl
ashamed.gif
get credit for chitting straight. Her work is messy and she doesn't want to work! *shaking my head* The power of a white woman over a black man.
jpshakehead.gif

I have others that I may share later.

Panthro, this was our topic of discussion on the bus as we headed back to Huntsville from the SU Game. The important message in these type of situations is to be able to recognize the issues. The sooner one recognize what is taking place in the workplace the better off they will be in dealing with potential mental anguish. ( Things that lead to drinking, beating the kids, arguring with the wife, going into debt and etc.)

In making arrangements for Hotel reservations for the Magic City Classic, I was dealing with a very sharp sales rep. I asked him to lock us in for 3 to 4 years. Then I said it appears that you will not be in this job too long because you are one of the best I have seen in charge of sales. He said, you are right because the top job at this hotel was given to a young white male with less experience than me and they doubled his salary. I am not teaching him how to do the job.

This is not new in the world of work; the way to handle it is to recognize it. It is about power. Once in charge you can make changes and decisions without having to asked. Nobody in Corp America, the military or civilian life is going to give up the power. Let me assure everyone, these folks study blacks in their organizations. They know what you can do and can't do. They study every move you make. So no one should become so trusting they forget the one thing that is important to white America and that is P0WER

I could tell many stories, but my advice is to recognize the issues and take advantage of every situation.

Back