Please Help Grambling Trumpets

I wish some of yall would really think before you post. There hasn't been one time when a band is on T.V. that they don't catch someone sounding bad. It's happened to SU, FAMU, JSU, everybody. Even the best band has a couple not perfect people.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by ClevePVAMU
Mic placement?????

So a mic makes someone play thin and out of tune...

It makes so much sense now.:rolleyes:

Apparently you didn't see suCKS at the superbowl celebrity football game a few years back. They only had 3 notes and it was horrific. If you don' think that mic alter sound then you really don't know much.

Originally posted by wildcats
The crowd (San Jose's and Grambling's) gave them much house.

I am so tired of hearing that isht!!!!! Will someone please tell me how many HBCUs with college bands are there out west in California.....Common sense would tell you that they don't see that isht often..:rolleyes:

Originally posted by str8brave
I am so tired of hearing that isht!!!!! Will someone please tell me how many HBCUs with college bands are there out west in California.....Common sense would tell you that they don't see that isht often..:rolleyes:

But that doesn't mean that they would want to see it. You fail to realize that 31,681 is the most people that SJSU has ever had in that stadium for a football game....EVER. Very few if any other HBCU team/band has that kind of drawing power. Hell the 49ers had a game that night (Saturday) and wanted Gramblings band to leave their game against SJSU and play for them. After the game in San Jose way over half the crowd stayed and watched a post game show that Grambling was asked to do at the last minute.

Originally posted by MACK OF THE SWAC
But that doesn't mean that they would want to see it. You fail to realize that 31,681 is the most people that SJSU has ever had in that stadium for a football game....EVER. Very few if any other HBCU team/band has that kind of drawing power. Hell the 49ers had a game that night (Saturday) and wanted Gramblings band to leave their game against SJSU and play for them. After the game in San Jose way over half the crowd stayed and watched a post game show that Grambling was asked to do at the last minute.

What is your point? Who's to say JSU or SU or any other HBCU couldn't draw those numbers..:rolleyes: Please tell me when has SJSU been a mighty football powerhouse....any crowd over 15,000 would have been a record crowd..... a record crowd of 31,000 plus people?.....1A football?......what does that say? A blind dog could see the logic behind that...

READ my post again...they don't see that isht often..

GSU bandsmen, you guys gave a wonderful show yesterday. I am speaking on the perspective of being in attendance and not forming a opinion based on what others say. You guys deserve major credit, for steps you taken in the off season. I am here to give you guys a pat on the back and offer words of encouragement. Keep it up and when people see you in person they will see it to. The sound is much better as well. The after game highlights were on point as well. To the rest of our SWAC family, GSU represented the swac well! Just ask someone who was actually there.

Boy boy boy.....GSU I tell ya........

Ya'll be cool though.......

Quit trying to compare SU sound to what GSU sound like.....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
Me.:idea:

You are disqualified due to your slawness...you attended GSU..you don't count..:D

A record crowd to watch you all get your arses handed to you...:lmao: :insert thumb up: yeah right..:rolleyes:

Apparently you didn't see suCKS at the superbowl celebrity football game a few years back. They only had 3 notes and it was horrific. If you don' think that mic alter sound then you really don't know much.

:lmao: I just happened to find that tape the other day. :lmao:

FOLKS TO THE PERSON THAT WENT TO THE GAME IN CALI LISTEN TO THAT PERSON BECAUSE THAT PERSON HERAD AND SAW GRAM IN PERSON NOT JUDGING THROUGH A SMALL AS TELEVISION, GRAM SOUND HAS IMPROVED A LOT AND THAT IS A FACT I KNOW AND WITNESSED IT IN PERSON SO WHO GIVES A DAMN WHAT YOU HATERS ARE TALKING ABOUT. YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL THAT THEY PICKED A BLACK COLLEGE TO DO A NATIONAL TELEVISED GAME ANYWAY BECAUSE THAT OPEN DOORS FOR OTHERS WHY YOU ARE TRYING TO DOWN SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD.

I'd say that for whoever allows a mic to pick up that sort of GARBAGE coming out of their horn (my school included). A mic is a machine. It picks up sound, then transfers it to a speaker or recording device. And they tend to be more sensitive than the human ear. Bands need to tape their practices and review them. They'd see and hear a whole lot of stuff that they thought was right, but it really wasn't...

:idea:

I still don't see how a mic makes somone play thin and sharp...

Grambling settles for less every performance. They only worry about putting on a good show, and I have no problems with that. My problems is that you all dont sound good.

Gramblings band is just like Ashanti. They look good, but dont sound good....

Goodfella, your still trying to find some type of identity by negative responces.. Grambling is an established band with a long line of history and a promising future, can you say the same for your program......................didn't think so..

You can't tell me anything about pine bluff's history. My father is a UAPB alumni and he was a music major. He will tell you now that band has changed more than anything.. Style, whatever..

The reality of it all; know your role.

Don't make me go to 97 when your band cranked the lawnmore or the mashed potatos..OMG

Just because you have one maybe two good seasons does not put you anywhere, your program has no established moments..

Try looking past your own feet and step out of pride to see the truth your.. thank you..

Enjoy your season.. Much love..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well we aren't the only band that doesn't sound good. Take MVSU and Tex. South. these are both bands that don't sound quiet that well but you all don't say anything about them. Why huh. Why are you all concerned about how we sound. Well ay all that matters is the next game which is alcorn and then we gonna see what the deal really be like.

In all fairness, I must say that I have yet to hear a band that sounds really GOOD on television.

Originally posted by 98LastRip

Try looking past your own feet and step out of pride to see the truth your.. thank you..

pot..kettle..black...

please take your own advice...:(

I find it amusing that "some" people on this board create an opinion for a whole year off of two minutes, if that.

It seems that you expect perfection in less than a month all the while some of your bands have a full month or more to "get ready" for that first and still ain't up to par.

Originally posted by World Famed
Well we aren't the only band that doesn't sound good. Take MVSU and Tex. South. these are both bands that don't sound quiet that well but you all don't say anything about them. Why huh. Why are you all concerned about how we sound. Well ay all that matters is the next game which is alcorn and then we gonna see what the deal really be like.

If the Ocean sounds bad at all, rest assured it's nowhere near as shatty as gRambling's. Believe that...or don't.....cuz the rest of the SWAC does.

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
I find it amusing that "some" people on this board create an opinion for a whole year off of two minutes, if that.

It seems that you expect perfection in less than a month all the while some of your bands have a full month or more to "get ready" for that first and still ain't up to par.

Preach!

Originally posted by CriTAUcal
There are no HBCUs in California.

Actually there are a few, just not like you know of them in the traditional sense. Take it from someone who knows...I am from L.A.

Here is one of them. Located right in the heart of sunny South Central L.A. :D

http://www.cdrewu.edu

Back