Pitcher's WIFE arrested for spousal abuse

SUperJag96

This happens more than it is reported...

What do ya'll think about this?

------------------------------------------

<h4>Finley's wife arrested on spousal abuse charges</h4>

t1_kitaen-01.jpg

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) -- Actress Tawny Kitaen, wife of Cleveland Indians pitcher Chuck Finley, was charged Wednesday with spousal abuse and battery for allegedly attacking her husband.

Kitaen was arrested Monday night after arguing with Finley as they drove home from dinner, said Tori Richards, spokeswoman for the Orange County district attorney's office.

She was released from jail Wednesday night and left in a limousine. She did not speak as she walked past reporters and photographers.

The charges were revealed the same day Finley was scheduled to make his season debut against his former team, the Anaheim Angels, for whom he pitched 14 seasons.

Finley was scratched from his start and did not come to the stadium. Ryan Drese got the start in Finley's place.

Indians general manager Mark Shapiro said there was nothing physically wrong with Finley, but, "Chuck called me today to say that he wouldn't be able to make the game tonight."

"He did not feel like he could make it to the ballpark, wouldn't be able to pitch," he said.
Shapiro said Finley is expected to join the team in Detroit, where the Indians open a three-game series on Friday.

"My attitude is, it's the same as with any player in the organization. Everyone has issues outside of being a major league player that they have to deal with in life," Shapiro said. "It's a tough thing to go through when you're in an environment like this."

A third party called 911 after the couple arrived at their Newport Beach home, Richards said. Police arrested Kitaen after noticing abrasions and scrapes on the 39-year-old Finley.

Kitaen, 40, was ordered released Wednesday on her own recognizance from Orange County Jail. If convicted of the two misdemeanor counts, she faces up to a year in jail and a $6,000 fine.

:kaioken:A judge issued a restraining order against Kitaen, ordering her to have no contact with Finley. Richards said Kitaen will live in the Newport Beach home, while Finley will live elsewhere.

He was driving Monday night when the couple began arguing:argue:, and Kitaen kicked him with her high-heeled shoes, Richards said.

":splat:She kicked him in the thigh, in the leg, in the arm, she grabbed his ear and twisted it," Richards said. :eek:"At one point, her high-heel shoe was on top of his foot pressing the accelerator to the ground." :eek:

Kitaen, whose real name is Julie, and Finley were married in 1997. They have two daughters.

Kitaen is best known for her role in the 1984 Tom Hanks movie Bachelor Party. She's also appeared in such TV shows as Seinfeld, Married ... with Children, and :ebrow:The Howard Stern Show:ebrow:.

She was previously married to David Coverdale, lead singer for the British heavy metal band Whitesnake.

"What he's going through are the regular ups and downs people go through in their personal life," Shapiro said. "His priority right now is his family. My sentiment to him was to take as much time as he needed to tend to his personal matters."

She looks like she whips up on him

Seriously, if two people can't disagree without fighting, they don't need to be together. If they get along that bad, it's not a healthy relationship....then they have kids that are constantly witnessing this mess and being in the middle. They're going to be dysfunctional if a change doesn't come.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This is a shame. She couldn't wait until they got home to start acting an arse?!?! He did the right thing by not touching her even though she started it.
If it was me, I would have waited until we got home then I would have picked up a baseball and thrown a fastball at her down and inside!! She kicked that dude and she had on high heels. She deserved a good "brushback" pitch!!

This is downright hilarious. At least a "3rd party" made the call to 9-1-1. I mean, no self respecting man would call the po po's on his wife for beating his azz.

And to think, if he'd have simply thumped her on the head for all she did, he'd be on the news as a wife beater.

I'm with Robber I was just waiting to read, "after which Finley, having had enough of this isht, knocked out two of her front teeth when he thumped her in the mouth."

DAYUM SHAME ...

Restraint is the word....

With the way the law is, he knew NOT to hit her.....A cop will believe a woman, before he believes a man.....

It takes a man a lot of control not to beat the livin' ish out of a woman when she does that dumb ish....

If a man is beating up his woman and she pours some hot grits on him...then she is a hero for women advocates. When a woman is beating her man and he knocks the F out of her...he is subjected to scorn. They need to make an example out of her. Double standards in this country kill me. If couples aren't supposed to lay hands on each other...it should go both ways.

Originally posted by Robber
This is downright hilarious. At least a "3rd party" made the call to 9-1-1. I mean, no self respecting man would call the po po's on his wife for beating his azz.

Even if he would have called the cops that would have been the move just to keep from knocking the crap out of her. Keep in mind he is a pitcher. So you best believe he could send her into next week with his swing.

In this situation, I'd take the Chris Rock approach.
I wouldn't beat a woman. But I'd shake the isht out of her

bULL sHI-

IF HE HAD RESTRAINED HER, AND SHE CALLED THE POLICE HE WOULD HAVE GONE TO JAIL............

I wonder what his budweiser drinking, pickup driving, skoal dipping buddies back in West Monroe, La. think about this. Good thing they don't live in West Monroe, her azz would have been beat like a Richard in a detention center!

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
If it was me, I would have waited until we got home then I would have picked up a baseball and thrown a fastball at her down and inside!!

LMAO!

:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not a funny situation but can you imagine what it will be like for him to go back into the Indians club house because he couldn't pitch because his wife beat him? My suggestion is for him to take her out for a little BP (batting practice), let her get in the batters box, and just accidently miss with a 96 mph fast ball up and in.

Back