Olympic basketball

I BELIEVE THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO THE US IN BASKETBALL. LA28 WILL HAVE SOME DEFINITE NEW REPESENTATION ON THE WINNER'S PODIUMS (FOR MEN AND WOMEN).

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Last edited:

Full list of Olympics men's basketball MVP winners​

There have been three winners of the Olympic men's basketball MVP award.
The award was first given to Manu Ginobili, who led Argentina to Olympic gold at the 2004 games in Athens.
Tournament MVP was not awarded in 2008, 2012 or 2016.

YearWinner
2004Manu Ginobili, Argentina
2008Not awarded
2012Not awarded
2016Not awarded
2021Kevin Durant, USA
2024LeBron James, USA
Definitely got by me with this one. Never paid it any mind.

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
I BELIEVE THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS FINALLY CAUGHT UP TO THE US IN BASKETBALL. LA28 WILL HAVE SOME DEFINITE NEW REPESENTATION ON THE WINNER'S PODIUMS (FOR MEN AND WOMEN).

YOUR THOUGHTS?
I have to disagree partially. I think the women will be fine but the men will be in trouble!!

BOTH FINALS WERE GREAT GAMES. HOWEVER, THE REST OF THE WORLD FOR YEARS NOW, IS SLOWLY CATCHING UP TO THE USA IN BASKETBALL. THE LA28 OLYMPICS IS GONNA BE A REAL SHOW. WE'LL ALL SEE THEN JUST HOW MUCH GROUND HAS BEEN GAINED ON THE USA. THAT KID FROM FRANCE NOW WITH THE SPURS (DON'T WANT TO SCREW UP HIS NAME) HAS THROWN DOWN THE CHALLNGE. WE'D BETTER TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY.

What skilled bigs in 2028 aside from Wemby really threaten the U.S.?

They had to come back from Double digits to barely beat Serbia by 4 (thanks to Steph). He already said this was a one off so you gotta replace him, LeBron and KD in 2028. Jaylon Brown definitely will be there in 2028 but what about the other slots

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
They had to come back from Double digits to barely beat Serbia by 4 (thanks to Steph). He already said this was a one off so you gotta replace him, LeBron and KD in 2028. Jaylon Brown definitely will be there in 2028 but what about the other slots
Not sure if Kerr is best for men's Olympic Basketball. I think you would have seen a difference if Erik Spoelstra was head coach. Kerr is more of a let them play type guy which works well with talent, however, his X's and O's are limited. While Spoelstra is a technician when it comes to basketball. Kerr was out coached in several Olympic games.

My second choice would be Ty Lue.

Back