Nov 25th & Nov. 27th Official Picks Thread

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SOUTHERN 55
Grambling 19

actually the score on EA Sports was SU-63 and GSU-7...but I will give them (GSU) a couple of scores for heart and effort...against the 3rd string in the 4th quarter... :winkgrin:

Grambling
Alabama State

I didn't get to post mine before Thanksgivin since I was out of town...
But those are my two (though, I've already lost one) :smug:
C'mon Gram, one good upset deserves another.. BEAT SU!

MikeBigg said:
The ICON: 33
Jaguars: 17

SU's defense has been bailed out by a productive (when needed) offense. SU's best lineup included Holmes at runningback...the dude was on pace for MVP honors until he went down. I like Ricks for how he hung in there and prepared for his final shot...but he's not a qb that strikes fear with is passing ability. Passing game truly misses the Vernon factor.

GSU has been inconsistent...especially with the offensive turnovers. The one dimensional offense that clicked with Eugene, Douglas, Abney, Harris, Colquit in prior seasons was inconsistent due to newcomers. Lately, the coaching staff has decided to utilize the run game. Smart move cuz Mays is a load at 260lbs and Ab Kuuan is as good as pre-season accolades...unfortunately the staff didn't utilize those skills all season. GSU's defense has athletes and talent but seems to lose focus. Pettway, Hatcher, Carr, and Daigre are studs but team has breakdowns at key times... the corners are an upgrade over last year but have been known to "slip and fall" at crucial times. I especially like sophomore Greg Fassit out of New Orleans...this kid has Sunday potential.

Bama State over Tuskegee

Dayum, I need to do this for a living! Of the names I mentioned, only Carr had a "less than usual" game. Even my comments on the SU players were pretty much dead on...Holmes got stopped (injured) and the SU offense suffered.

MikeBigg said:
Dayum, I need to do this for a living! Of the names I mentioned, only Carr had a "less than usual" game. Even my comments on the SU players were pretty much dead on...Holmes got stopped (injured) and the SU offense suffered.

:tup:

Back