Not Only Is Valley #1 In The Swac But They Are #1 Throughout The Nation In Hbcu's

Devilsh1

The Preeminent One!
Cavil's Classic Cuts HBCU Baskeball Poll - Division I
By

Email this article
Printer friendly page

TSPN (SWACPAGE.com) & Cavil's Classic Cuts Basketball
HBCU Major Program Top 10 (2-23-2004)
Presented By:
The Heritage Group (THG Agency, LLC),
A Consulting Sports Management, Agency

Name--------------------Record-1PV-Points-PWR-Last Game-(1-21-04-W/L-Opp.)
1. Miss. Valley State--(18-6)--(8)--98----1---(Beat Texas Southern, 69-55)
2. Coppin State--------(14-12)-(2)--85----2---(Beat N.C. A&T State, 66-50)
3. S.C. State----------(13-10)------79----3---(Beat Morgan State, 86-77)
4. Texas Southern------(11-12)------61----5---(Lost to Miss. Valley State, 69-55)
5. Alabama State-------(9-13)-------57----9---(Beat Alcorn State, 65-45)
6. Delaware State------(9-13)-------44----8---(Beat Florida A&M, 76-66)
7. Alabama A&M---------(9-13)-------36----10--(Beat Southern, 82-64)
8. Grambling State-----(9-15)-------29----NR--(Beat Jackson State, 75-65)
9. Hampton-------------(10-15)------11----NR--(Did Not Play)
10. Norfolk State-------(10-15)------10----NR--(Beat Maryland Eastern Shore, 63-57)

Dropped Out Of Rankings: Jackson State-(11-12), Southern-(9-13),
Florida A&M-(9-14)

Receiving Votes: Jackson State-(11-12)-9, Florida A&M-(9-14)-7,
Morgan State-(9-13)-5, Alcorn State-(8-15)-4,
Southern-(9-13)-3, Prairie View A&M-(6-16)-3,
Tennessee State-(7-18)-2, Maryland-Eastern Shore-(7-17)-1,
Bethune-Cookman-(6-18)-1, Savannah State-(5-22)-1

PWR = Previous Weeks Ranking
1PV = 1st Place Votes
LG = Last Game
Major = NCAA Division I

? 2003-2004 www.3C-HBCUSports.com & 3C Communications - All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number 1 amongst HBCUs? That's not saying much, especially when 70% of the top 10 have records below .500. But I do applaud Valley for beating some quality out of conference teams.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JSU/99
Number 1 amongst HBCUs? That's not saying much, especially when 70% of the top 10 have records below .500. But I do applaud Valley for beating some quality out of conference teams.
:rolleyes: :lmao: There's always one

I realize we're on a losing streak, but to drop completely out the polls??? :confused: Dang!!! And then to top it off there are 6 teams ranked that we have a better record than and are at least ahead of by 2 games? And then one team that has an identical record as us, we split with during the season and are still ahead of conference wise?

Jafus, please come explain......

TP, see what you and GR dun did!!! Ya'll done made Jafus mad and he done kicked JSU outta his rankings!!! :D :lol:

KUDOS...........

..........to the Delta Devils for having a great season. Now take care of business and win the SWAC tourney and represent the conference well. Please do not go to sleep on the rest of the conference and lose in the SWAC tourney. No one else (imho) needs to go to the NCAA tourney with all of these inconsistencies and atrocious records. I am very disappointed in the entire conference excluding MVSU. I bet the CIAA conference champion would.........nevermind :redhot:

Good job Delta Devils. Hope you make it through the SWAC Tourney and upset a top seed.

Respect must be taken sometimes.

Bengal E,

Jafus, please come explain......

TP, see what you and GR dun did!!! Ya'll done made Jafus mad and he done kicked JSU outta his rankings!!!

If you are serious with your question. Well, actually I just have one vote out of the 10 members voting in the poll listed. In my top 10 poll that I send in amongst the 9 other voting members placed Jackson State as the 9th place team in the poll. I factor in their last week ranking, the teams the place, where they game is played and the fact that they have lost 5 out of their last 7 games, as well as losing 3 straight games.

OK

I just found it kind of odd for a school (any school not just my alma mater) to fall completely out of a poll under those circumstances, that's all.

Thanks for answering.....:D

I hate to admit it, but them Valley boys showed a lot of heart when they came to the Acadome. You can tell they wanted it bad.

All of this Go Valley stuff is premature......

Last time I looked, the SWAC tourney hasn't been played yet. I'm not rooting for anyone else until my team has been eliminated.

I agree koo, 99

I've seen quite a few posts today where folks are saying they want Valley to win the tournament.

I shole aint gon lie and say I want Valley to win it.

Go HORNETS!
:D

Originally posted by mighty hornet

Go HORNETS!
:D

MH, you ain't gotta worry about that one. Go ahead and root for Valley. :D

BTW: What I just said can be considered smack . When I smack on the sports board, I own up to it.

Re: All of this Go Valley stuff is premature......

LOL!!!

Last time I looked, the SWAC tourney hasn't been played yet. I'm not rooting for anyone else until my team has been eliminated.
after round 1, you'll be rooting for someone else.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Re: All of this Go Valley stuff is premature......

Originally posted by mighty hornet
LOL!!!
after round 1, you'll be rooting for someone else.

Yep.......The Sacramento Kings :D

I want Valley to win the tourney because if they don't, we're headed to the play-in game again. I'm tired of seeing the SWAC have to play to get into the NCAA tourney. I think that Valley is our best shot to avoid the play-in round.

Go Valley!! I know Alcorn won't do anything. :(

Re: All of this Go Valley stuff is premature......

No sh!t...I'm glad to see someone make this statement! No offense to those you wished Valley well...I understand your frustration. I actually don't think Gram has played to it's talent...especially early.

I'm hoping my alma mater catches fire and wins the conference championship. We'll play a play-in game and anything else. We'll take a tourney champ as a sign of progress!

Back