Nominations: All-SWAC Football 2004

Mr. SWAC

F*** THE LAKERS!!!!!!
Based on how I think everyone will end the season. My nominations as follows (incomplete):

First Team
Offense
OL- Robertville Louis, Alabama A&M (6-3, 285, Sr., Tampa, FL)
OL- Miniya Smith, Southern (6-7, 340, Sr., New Orleans, LA)
OL- SeDerrin Freeman- Ark.-Pine Bluff (6-4, 350 Sr., Easton, TX )
OL-
OL-
TE- Charles Moody, Alabama A&M, So.
QB- Tavaris Jackson, Alabama State, Jr.
RB- Keldrick Williams, Alabama State, Jr.
RB- James Johnson, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Jr.
WR- Charlie Spiller, Alcorn State, So.
WR- James Vernon, Southern, Jr.
PK- Anthony Johnson, Alabama State, Sr.

Defense
DE- Kenneth Pettway, Grambling State, Sr.
DL- Ali Hasan, Alabama A&M, Sr.
DL- Deon DeBoise, Jackson State, Sr.
DE- Malasta Hill, Alabama A&M, Jr.
LB- Johnny Baldwin, Alabama A&M, So.
LB- Joseph Scott, Jackson State, Sr.
LB- Tyler Knight, Mississippi Valley State, So.
DB- Ahmad Treaudo, Southern, Sr.
DB- Jamerson Baker, Alabama A&M, Sr.
DB- Levernonte Turner, Alabama A&M, Sr.
DB-
P ?
KR- Cletis Gordon

PLAYERS OF THE YEAR
Offensive

Thomas Ricks - QB, Southern, Sr.
Defensive
Johnny Baldwin - LB, Alabama A&M, So.
Newcomer
Aries Nelson - QB, Mississippi Valley State, So.
Freshman
Quentin Sullivan - DB, Alcorn State

Second Team
Offense
OL-
OL-
OL-
OL-
OL-
TE-
QB- Thomas Ricks, Southern, Sr.
RB- Robert Randolph, Alabama State, Jr.
RB-
WR- Nate Hughes, Alcorn State, So.
WR- Reginald Glover, Alabama State,
PK- Brian Morgan, Grambling State, Sr.

Defense
DE- Christopher Traylor - Alabama A&M, Fr.
DL- Ross Gordon, Alcorn State, Sr.
DL- Avery Moland, Alabama A&M, Fr./ Kelvin Lockhart - Alabama A&M, So.
DE-
LB- Dwan Wilson, Alcorn State, Sr.
LB- Robert Thomas, Texas Southern, Jr.
LB-
DB- Quentin Sullivan, Alcorn State, Fr.
DB- Cletis Gordon, Jackson State, Jr.
DB- Christopher Wilson, Mississippi Valley State, So.
DB-
P ?
KR-

Other ALL-SWAC Nominations
FB - Jonathan Rowland - Alabama A&M, Sr.
LB - Henry Roberson - Alabama A&M, So.
QB - Donald Carrie - Alcorn State, Sr.
WR - Clayton Harris - Alabama State, Sr.
WR - Chris Jones - Jackson State, Sr.

Are they voting this week like usual?

It's stupid normally, with some teams having two games left.

This year, it's even more ridiculous, as Bama State has only played 75% of its games so far.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. Swac
Talk about home cooking. You actually got 9 of A&M defensive players listed, 12 total.
:smh:

If somebody just picked up your all-swac picks, they would surely get the wrong impression that A&M was on another level and just walked away with the SWAC championship. With ease.

Donald Carrie is a better qb than Jackson from Bama State. I would make SU's qb 1st team then Carrie 2nd team and Jackson honorable mention.

DAHILL said:
Donald Carrie is a better qb than Jackson from Bama State.
based on what???

Jackson has more TDs (and he still has 3 games on the schedule). Carrie has twice as many INTs. Jackson has a better completion percentage%, better QB rating and the head to head matchup wasn't even close.

PNECK,
This is just for fun. I don't know when the SWAC with do ALL-SWAC honors. And like I said before, this is how I think they will finish up.

MH,
On defense we were on another level. I can back my selections up with reasonable stats. These are only nominations. lol But I bet I get over half right.

Remimder: Just for fun.

Mr. SWAC said:
Based on how I think everyone will end the season. My nominations as follows (incomplete):

First Team
Offense
QB- Tavaris Jackson, Alabama State, Jr.

PLAYERS OF THE YEAR
Offensive

Thomas Ricks - QB, Southern, Sr.

Second Team
Offense
QB- Thomas Ricks, Southern, Sr.

?????????????

GramFan, I picked Tavais Jackson as 1st team because not only is he the highest rated QB in the SWAC, but he's not far behind SU's QB Ricks in total yards (with two regular season games to go). I feel he will remain highest rated QB in the SWAC, and have more yard/gm after their Pine Bluff game. When it comes to stats, Jackson will finish better IMO.

I picked Ricks as OPOTY because it's more of an MVP award, and Ricks is without a doubt the MVP of his team. He led his team when he had to in 4 come-from-behind wins (MVSU, ASU, AAMU, Alcorn) off the top of my head. Without Ricks SU wouldn't have won those games.

This situation is the same as Bama St. being ranked higher in the D1-AA polls than SU even though SU beat Bama St.

I was lookin at the stats on swac.org...

and damn I didnt know that the SU db had 11 int's... damn good... He gets my vote for Defenseive POTY along with Jo Jo Scott from JSU.. Scott put up huge numbers.

AAMU has 4 players in the top 10 in sacks... and all 4 of them are either freshmen or sophmores.... The SWAC sack leader was a freshmen

Mr. SWAC said:
PNECK,
This is just for fun. I don't know when the SWAC with do ALL-SWAC honors. And like I said before, this is how I think they will finish up.

MH,
On defense we were on another level. I can back my selections up with reasonable stats. These are only nominations. lol But I bet I get over half right.

Remimder: Just for fun.

I know it's just for fun. I was just wondering aloud when they're going to vote.

Come to think of it, last year it was after the BC. I'd imagine Eugene would have been on 1st or 2nd team had it been picked before. Still, I'd prefer it to be after everybody's done, but I know they have a banquet or whatever for the ones who make it in Birmingham.

I also think you have to be on 1st team to be considered for POY.

QB 1st Team: Ricks
QB 2nd Team: Jackson
QB Honorable Mention: Carrie

Ricks total yard (rushing and passing is higher) is higher than Jackson and SU won on the head to head competition. Player of the year is open for discussion... Ricks is clearly the MVP of SU but I do not know if that would mean he should be he player of the year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back