NFL Legend Deion Sanders Targeted by Atheists: The Attack is on

Good point with Coach McCartney. Why is it that people always go at the spiritual faith guy or woman but we celebrate and praise that don't believe in no higher power? Tebow, Broussard and even Prime. Let's at least support people that are trying to speak and spread the word. YOU CAN"TWIN WITHOUT GOD! IJS.....
Let's examine this for a sec.

Tim Tebow was not criticized for expressing his faith. If anything, he was collateral damage in response to the media's over-covering him, including acting like he was the only athlete in the history of athletics to be open about his spirituality.

Chris Broussard also isn't attacked for expressing his faith. He's criticized for saying really stupid things. And then he suggests the pushback is a result of his religious beliefs.

Deion hasn't really been criticized either, though some might say he's disingenuous for using spirituality to not be held accountable for his own decisions and actions. -- i.e. God sent him to Jackson State and then Colorado.

I would imagine the previous coach prayed with his team before also - this isn't about religion.

This is about "n*gger, you're gonna do what WE tell you to do".

Period.
Their last 4 of 5 coaches including Deion were black. Them folks just don't care. I think Colorado is one of the least religious states while Mississippi is one of the most. They said prayer not beat Oregon and USC😂

Bill McCartney started Promise Keepers in the early 90s when he was the head football coach at Colorado. Atheists and "separation of church and state" folk were after him with a vengeance, and that's even with him winning a National Championship. Point being, the folks that are pushing this haven't left Boulder and definitely hate Coach Prime moreso for the outward expression of his Faith, not his race. Matter of fact, they are so passionate about this, that they don't seem the least bit bothered about how they will be perceived coming after a Black man so publicly.

PREACH!

Good point with Coach McCartney. Why is it that people always go at the spiritual faith guy or woman but we celebrate and praise that don't believe in no higher power? Tebow, Broussard and even Prime. Let's at least support people that are trying to speak and spread the word. YOU CAN"TWIN WITHOUT GOD! IJS.....

The minute a Muslim or any other non-Christian coach comes in praying I bet that "lets support people who are spreading the word" talk will go out the window with a quickness

It'S CALLED A BLACK REALITY CHECK. Ninja we brought you here to coach!!!! STFU and win some games if not.... BYE. If he was white it would not be a problem. Call a spade a spade. Deion is no longer at a HBCU where no one will complain about him speaking about his faith. He is in a part of America where atheism is prominent. If Deion's faith is not an act then he should continue speaking about God no matter what they say.
But the atheists criticizing Deion aren’t from or associated with Colorado. The group is Wisconsin-based.

CP is a public employee of the state of Colorado. He’s not a private employee and state and federal law prohibits proselytizing.

But the atheists criticizing Deion aren’t from or associated with Colorado. The group is Wisconsin-based.

While that is true, I think that you and several others are missing a significant point. The Freedom From Religion Foundation has a national "separation of church and state" platform and certainly represents grassroots opposition to Coach Prime found in Boulder, CO. Why do I say that? Because in 1990 I lived in Boulder and witnessed first-hand what happened when McCartney wanted to publicly talk about "Jesus" while representing CU. When he formed Promise Keepers, it only ratcheted up the indignation of folks that could not stand him. And if you doubt that there is not that same sentiment today in Boulder as it was back then, I suggest you take a stroll down Pearl St. on any given weekend. I'm sure that there may be some folks there that will gladly share with you their beliefs on this subject and maybe offer you a brochure or 2. :cool:

I believe that Coach Prime will be straight and deal with the folks that will definitely come after him. He just needs to do his job and stand firm in his convictions.

Last edited:
While that is true, I think that you and several other are missing a significant point. The Freedom From Religion Foundation has a national "separation of church and state" platform and certainly represents grassroots opposition to Coach Prime found in Boulder, CO. Why do I say that? Because in 1990 I lived in Boulder and witnessed first-hand what happened when McCartney wanted to publicly talk about "Jesus" while representing CU. When he formed Promise Keepers, it only ratcheted up the indignation of folks that could not stand him. And if you doubt that there is not that same sentiment today in Boulder as it was back then, I suggest you take a stroll down Pearl St. on any given weekend. I'm sure that there may be some folks there that will gladly share with you their beliefs on this subject and maybe offer you a brochure or 2. :cool:

I believe that Coach Prime will be straight and deal with the folks that will definitely come after him. He just needs to do his job and stand firm in his convictions.
Meh, this honestly isn’t a big deal at all. CBN is just sensationalizing like they always do. I doubt anyone really with CU or Deion’s camp actually cares. Them folks trying to win football games and don’t care if that dude preaches a sermon on the mount during halftime.

Back