Neighboring SLC football 5-0 vs the SWAC fall 2019

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Exactly. We only gameplan for thirty minutes, and don't make adjustments in crunch time. See, PWIs believe, if the game is close. They will pull it out.

Question is, do our coaches know how to make game time adjustments??? In the construction industry, there is a thing called design engineers and field engineers. Design engineers put together the necessary plans and specifications for a particular project before construction. Field engineers oversee the construction phase of projects and make whatever corrects and adjustments that might have been missed in the design phase. In most cases, design engineers become field engineers once construction has started. It's not rocket science to see that our coaches can't make whatever corrects and adjustments come game day, which leads one to think how well do they really know the game. Going to coaching clinics to copy what other coaches have drawn up will not cut it. We need coaches who understand the game in its entirety. I do believe we pay them enough as FCS coaches.

Question is, do our coaches know how to make game time adjustments??? In the construction industry, there is a thing called design engineers and field engineers. Design engineers put together the necessary plans and specifications for a particular project before construction. Field engineers oversee the construction phase of projects and make whatever corrects and adjustments that might have been missed in the design phase. It's not rocket science to see that our coaches can't make whatever corrects and adjustments come game day, which leads one to think how well do they really know the game. Going to coaching clinics to copy what other coaches have drawn up will not cut it. We need coaches who understand the game in its entirety. I do believe we pay them enough as FCS coaches.

Thanks. We make so many damn excuses for not succeeding.

IWU over Texas Southern.
McNeese St 2-pieced the SWAC w/ wins over projected divisional winners and SWAC powers Southern and Alcorn St.
Nicholls St over Prairie View.
Lamar over Mississippi Valley St.

The Southland conference is 5-0 vs the SWAC in head to head competition fall 2019.

I think the Southland could easily dominate others in the SWAC if HBU, ACU, & UCA scheduled other SWAC programs.

This is very shameful.
We'll win these games when our teams learn to take care of the ball. Look at the stat line and I'm willing to bet Southern, Alcorn, and Prairie View each had more turnovers than their opponent. I know we had 5 against McNeese. In close games, that is a deal-breaker.

Actually, the new term for field engineer is construction engineer.

More like retardation, as in the real Lil Darryl of Alabama State. Now you understand why it is so easy for Ricky Smiley to create such characters to mock in his comic skits.

To be honest, a fraternity of Black coaches have hi-jacked the SWAC and HBCU football. Broadway is probably the only Black modern day coach who really stepped outside of the box and made decisions before and during games.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that the talent level is about the same. We have to do a better job of executing and preparation.
SU has way more talent than McNeese. Alcorn has more talent than McNeese and I’m willing to beat PV had more than Nicholls. SU had 5 turnovers most were unforced.

Last edited:
Bruh they've been OWNING us over the last 10 years. When is enough, actually enough? Where are the SWAC Ws? Would you not call 5-0 one over the other, head-to-head, dominating? lol :D

But for a call here a dropped ball there, the outcomes of the Southern, Alcorn, MVSU, and PV games cou;d have been different. I thnk we have clearly just about caught up to them in football.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
"Could've " but it seemingly never is. In the last 10 years or so PV is 2-5 against the SLC with 3 of those losses very winnable. Incarnate Word started playing DI in 2013 and has already beaten Sam Houston, Mcneese, central Arkansas, southeastern LA, etc. HBU is about to start making the same progress while all of the established and in alot of cases, better funded programs just "get close". Its frustrating.

But for a call here a dropped ball there, the outcomes of the Southern, Alcorn, MVSU, and PV games cou;d have been different. I thnk we have clearly just about caught up to them in football.

Man I am NOT going for the "Sky Is Falling" mantra that most have on here. No one on here outside of me even thought that Valley would compete with a ranked Lamar team let alone take them to OT with a 2nd year coach rebuilding a program.

4-5 years we were getting skull dragged by the worst SLC schools. Now we are on the verge of beating their best schools (Nicholls and Lamar are ranked this year, McNeese was undefeated a couple years ago and still solid) but people still complaining.

McNeese St. was very beatable. McNeese st. started cheating big time in the second quarter. They should be 0-2 against Southern and Alcorn. Anytime you let McNair get a personal foul for letting the refs have it then you know something.

If you dont give a shit about winning every game, I dont want you coaching my team

Well you don’t want your coach coaching your team. What benefit is there to winning an OOC game?

This is why I hate those “money games”. As Broadway called them...blood baths.

As I said in another thread if we are going to play OOC games we should promote our HBCU brand by creating classics with other FCS programs at a neutral site where we have a large fan base and alumni base.

Well you don’t want your coach coaching your team. What benefit is there to winning an OOC game?

This is why I hate those “money games”. As Broadway called them...blood baths.

As I said in another thread if we are going to play OOC games we should promote our HBCU brand by creating classics with other FCS programs at a neutral site where we have a large fan base and alumni base.

The benefit is having wins against these other schools. You are probably one of the ones that think we should only play conference games and be done with it. Yeah "money games" are blood baths sometimes but our schools athletic depts need that extra income.

There is no need in creating any ooc classic games, that takes away from your fans wanting to come to campus to see your games there. Look at your school only having 3 games on campus in a 12 game football season.

At the end of the day it all boils down to the coaching scheme! Big worm in a way loss that game for southern! I mean you have the ball with 2 mins left in the first half and u dont try to drive the ball down the field? lol I think this might have been southern really great opportunity to get that signature win and they threw it down the drain against a weak Mcneese team.

The benefit is having wins against these other schools. You are probably one of the ones that think we should only play conference games and be done with it. Yeah "money games" are blood baths sometimes but our schools athletic depts need that extra income.

There is no need in creating any ooc classic games, that takes away from your fans wanting to come to campus to see your games there. Look at your school only having 3 games on campus in a 12 game football season.

You need to stop assuming so damn much. My second point answered your first comment.

Look....I strongly believe we should be playing more notable FCS programs. I once was in support of money games but now not so much. I am not going to speak for other schools but solely for Grambling. Our football program has the biggest brand in HBCU football whether you all like it or not. The problem is having ADs who know how to market the team and push the brand.

You need to stop assuming so damn much. My second point answered your first comment.

Look....I strongly believe we should be playing more notable FCS programs. I once was in support of money games but now not so much. I am not going to speak for other schools but solely for Grambling. Our football program has the biggest brand in HBCU football whether you all like it or not. The problem is having ADs who know how to market the team and push the brand.

IMO, Grambling's problem in recent years has been instability in the president's office and the AD position. Hopefully that is resolved on both fronts moving forward.

Back