NCAA Tournament Thread 2023

cara delevingne whatever GIF by Rimmel London

LOL!! I don't like LSU!!
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.............
today.

The same people TRYING to diss this young lady are the same ones who say The Battle at Little Big Horn was a massacre.

I am going to say what no one else is willing to say. This was more about Black vs white than anything else. All Black starting 5 vs all white starting 5. Kentucky vs Texas Western.

I am going to say what no one else is willing to say. This was more about Black vs white than anything else. All Black starting 5 vs all white starting 5. Kentucky vs Texas Western.
The historical context of the Texas Western-Kentucky game was a whole lot different than Iowa-LSU. (It was ironic that Kentucky was on the opposite end of that years later when its all-Black freshman starting five played against predominantly white Cornell in the NCAA Tournament a decade ago).

But I agree the specter of race was a factor in how folks reacted to Sunday's game. A lot of Black folks were rooting for LSU because they were tired of Clark being cast as America's sweetheart. White folks were rooting for Iowa because Clark was being cast as America's sweetheart.

And then everybody after the game did too much on social media based on whatever moral and cultural values folks decided to place on Clark and/or Reese when the biggest villain on Sunday was probably Kim Mulkey for putting her hands on a ref.

I think her first response, she tried to steer around it but Schaap stayed after it.
Near the tail end of her first comment on it in a longer version of the interview, Clark said, "Reese shouldn't be criticized for what she did." She then, in the clip above, reiterated it when Schaap asked again. I thought she handled the whole thing as best as anyone in that position could have.

I just hope this whole thing can be laid to rest now. The takes have just been crazy.

Back