NCAA Firings. Hirings and Retirings 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Press Conference is tomorrow for the Grambling Head Coaching Hire

So.....is it Dooley??????

406662192_736208401240468_4389429224797318842_n.jpg

I bleed Alcorn purple and gold. However, evidently administration does not believe that history repeats itself. They got rid of Coach Whitney, when he had a basically run of the SWAC. (He had a couple of bad years due to no fault of his own. Number 1 player and All American freshman killed in car accident). Than they had to rehire him years later to revive the program that had went nowhere since his initial stint.
They let Casem go to Southern and it had nothing to do with money. Brave club matched Southern's offer but the President did not tell Casem. Washington was mad because he said Casem had more power and was making more money than him.
Than they had to beg him back as Athletic Director as that department was in shambles.
Now, they may be letting McNair get away. Give him the money and give him more money to hire a good offensive coordinator.

I bleed Alcorn purple and gold. However, evidently administration does not believe that history repeats itself. They got rid of Coach Whitney, when he had a basically run of the SWAC. (He had a couple of bad years due to no fault of his own. Number 1 player and All American freshman killed in car accident). Than they had to rehire him years later to revive the program that had went nowhere since his initial stint.
They let Casem go to Southern and it had nothing to do with money. Brave club matched Southern's offer but the President did not tell Casem. Washington was mad because he said Casem had more power and was making more money than him.
Than they had to beg him back as Athletic Director as that department was in shambles.
Now, they may be letting McNair get away. Give him the money and give him more money to hire a good offensive coordinator.
It's obvious Fred wants to stay. How many years is he away from his state pension? Who fires there OC and STC at the end of the season without intentions to stay? Why deny talking with officials at another school unless you intend or want to stay? Why ensure you're back in plenty of time to stem the flow of portal entries and hold campus visits before the mid-year signing period unless you intend or want to stay?

Pay the man so everybody can move on.

Grambling tried Art Briles then came back with another dude that was beating up his wife. But hiring a HS coach is crazy.
Y’all bringing up his past did y’all forget when prime kicked out his kids and stuff time !! Everyone has a past hell Art was found NOT GUILTY no one brung up prime past they just wanted his name

Last edited:
It's obvious Fred wants to stay. How many years is he away from his state pension? Who fires there OC and STC at the end of the season without intentions to stay? Why deny talking with officials at another school unless you intend or want to stay? Why ensure you're back in plenty of time to stem the flow of portal entries and hold campus visits before the mid-year signing period unless you intend or want to stay?

Pay the man so everybody can move on.
Yes. he want's to stay. Hometown and family less than 100 miles away. I didn't know he had fired the OC...that was one of his main problems. And ran into issues with Covid. Administration did not want to pay a trainer so team had to set out short season, and than next regular season, still had trainer (or should I say no trainer problems). Could not even practice for several day. Yes pay up.

Casem came back to Alcorn from SU?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
View: https://twitter.com/HBCUSports1/status/1736886074444488954?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LORMAN, Miss. —
The University of Alcorn confirmed to WAPT Monday evening it will be making a statement regarding its head football coach Fred McNair Tuesday at noon.

The university said there will be no press conference. A report unverified by WAPT said last Wednesday McNair had accepted the head coaching job at Texas Southern. A source confirmed to WAPT that McNair had sent a text to his staff last Thursday stating he was still the head football coach of Alcorn State University.

Last edited:
Yes. he want's to stay. Hometown and family less than 100 miles away. I didn't know he had fired the OC...that was one of his main problems. And ran into issues with Covid. Administration did not want to pay a trainer so team had to set out short season, and than next regular season, still had trainer (or should I say no trainer problems). Could not even practice for several day. Yes pay up.

so is he just coming for money? TSU is a different place when it comes to football than Alcorn - is $50k worth it?

He won't have no Mississippi sympathy in Texas - honeymoon is over after Labor Day Classic

For the record - tsu got rid of Whitney

so is he just coming for money? TSU is a different place when it comes to football than Alcorn - is $50k worth it?

He won't have no Mississippi sympathy in Texas - honeymoon is over after Labor Day Classic

Alcorn fired Whitney around 1986. I know. I was there between 1979 and 1983 and responsible for a boy scout troop his son was a member of in high school. My brother in law played for him at the time I was there so I talked with Coach Whitney a lot. When they got rid of him, David Jr. transferred and so did the guard, at Jackson State, who went pro.

Good question is the 50k worth it as he will not see the same type of fan support as at other SWAC schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back