Nation of Bluffs -- what happened?

GSUperTiger

The "Icon" of BCF
I do recall those Louisville pics -- ya know? But, Louisville finished as a top 25 team, and won C-USA. Thus, Gram had to play on enemy territory. Furthermore, the following week after Gram played the Cards, Louisville forced Heisman trophy winner Weinke to one of his worse collegiate games (3 ints).

On the other hand, Tulane's defense was ranked 115th (there are only 116 or 117 D-IA teams). SU had the home field advantage. You were driving, but ineptly nut up when you saw the endzone. This was a bad loss for the SWAC; no questions about it. Major I-AA squads should be able to compete with mediocre D-IA teams. Please do not post if we had Mike Hayes. This one set us back.
a-moore-092901.jpg

Was this guy tackled any in the game?

GSUpe,

Even Hayes couldn't have saved SUcks! I knew from the begining this game wouldn't be close, but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to dampen their spirits.

Bottomline is...they just sced of dem white boys! First NWst, now this.

So sad!:(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by SAME OLD G
I knew from the begining this game wouldn't be close, but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to dampen their spirits.
Like we thought any different. Thanks anyway.

*cuts Tulane chapter out*

On to Homecoming.

We moved the ball..

then turned it over, and over and over... "L" they got 33 points on turnovers and special teams... But inspite that, if we had scored 35 more points we would've won by one....

Tulane got the best of us on this day, but I think we really beat ourselves more than they beat us. We fumbled 2 times inside the 10 yard line (neither on hard licks, we just dropped the ball), we missed tackle after tackle, dropped passed, missed open receivers, etc. Just a lot of errors on our part that they took advantage of. Tulane does have a good offense , and I knew we would have to outscore them. I figured we needed at least 30 to have a chance to win. In no way did they physically overmatch us. They took some big plays to the house and we didn't.<br>At least we won halftime. (Smile)

BTW

Comparing GSU 52-0 lost at Louisville to SU 41-7 defeat to hapless Tulane is like trying to make 29 be more than 33.

If you living in a glass house... you know the rest...

But Sup,

You dont understand....they was white. What did you expect SU to do against white folk? Sheeeesh maaan!

You lames need to know that black athletes/white university is not an oxyMORON!! Anyway, toolame defense did not stop S.U. We stopped ourselves. The officials also was implicated in the tone of this ball game in the first half. The fact of the matter is this game will not stop us from busting a cap in yall ssa....Peace

I think GSU would have beaten Tulane. Our defense is strong against the run...Mewelde Moore would not have been such a factor. Also, GSU's running game would have kept Tulane off the field. Everyone has been able to move the ball on the wave...SU did also. The problem was executing once in the red zone. Down there, you have to be able to run the football, or at least have the threat of the run.

But the biggest thing is that GSU really goes into each game expecting to win. Not just false bravado, but actually believing it should win. Consider the game against Portland State...a ranked opponent, on the road, less than a minute to play and your team drive 75 yds to score. A drive of execution and composure. Keep in mind, that the GMen had just given up the go ahead score to PSU and that the ensuing kickoff return by Shanklin had been wiped out by a penalty. Without mental toughness and confidence, this team would not have scored.

This is not a put down on SU, but of all the teams in the SWAC...GSU matches up better against Tulane. PLUS WE ARE THE BEST TEAM IN D1AA

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.......Jags. You are right about beatin' yourselves. You coulda made the game close had you not fumbled twice before going into the endzone (Levi and the FB). Shoulda thrown more to #8 Joubert. You woulda had a chance to win if Pete woulda called better plays. I was there and all 3 of those apply. Oh well, thanks for nothin!!!!! :emlaugh:

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda.......

The bottom line, is we blew this one, too many turnovers in the redzone, and piss poor special teams play killed us. The defense played a good game, but to keep coming on the field after a turnover, or a big special teams play, has a way of dampening a defenese's spirit.

The offense moved the ball at will, but with costly turnovers, that's not a consolation.

I offer no excuses, we lost! We lost to a hungry team, not willing to be embarassed by a D-IAA team, but life goes on.

Props to Mike Bigg, and GSUpe for hanging in there with us, but now your ass is grass, remember what happened the last time we lost a September game in the Superdome?

See ya in November.

NICE

Nice,

No problem! I always pull for the SWAC against outside competition. It would have been cool if you could have pulled this off, but yall just aren't good enuff to beat a good team.

Fortunately for yall, you only have ONE good team left on your schedule...but you don't have to worry about that until BC time!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man, Oh Man...

I love me some SWACPage folks! *REALLY*

The Tulane game is a done deal!

Thanks for the support!

Now on to some genuine frustration-type ARSE WHUPPINGS!!!

A&M you're on the timer...

TICK
TICK
TICK
TICK
TICK

DAYUM CLOCK!!!
:D

Forget Toolame, IT'S HOMECOMING BABY!!!
This is not the time to reflect back... IT'S TIME TO CRANK IT UP!!

Smack Us Now!!
Worship Us Later!!</font></h4>

MD, you know you can't wait to get on the yard to party with the NATION. I know you lookin forward to it. If not, I sure am.

BTW, you DO KNOW that you are going to lose right??:emlaugh: _____________________
<h4><font color="0000ff">We Are SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY!!!

Smack Us Now!!

I agree with LaCumba...It's gonna be crunk in BR for the festivities. It's a big game...it's actually an elimination game.

We'll see which way!!!!

Lacumba, I have checking the weather and it seems like a storm is coming in from California, but the force you have to worry about is coming from Alabama.

BTW, BFI is providing us with our own flush port-o-potties. They are mounted on trailers and can be connected to sewer lines. We will be using the latest in port-o-potties technology. If you all would like us to leave them onsight, please have you AD contact our AD to finalize the deal.

MD, be careful with them thangs. Louisiana State Police will stop anything that smells suspicious.:emlaugh:

Would somebody from the Nation please acknowledge Get Ready so that he won't feel left out?:emlaugh:

Smack Us Now!!

Back