NAIA bans transgender athletes from women's sports

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Do we know whether it is an issue in NAIA? I would like to see the research they've conducted. Seems awfully ironic this is happening during an election year.
I'm not sure what kind of research is needed, but common sense has to prevail at some point. You can't be born a male and then decide you want to be a female and even take it a step further by saying you want to compete with other females...there is nothing fair about that.

However, it should be pointed out that the NAIA has no problem with women who decide to become men and want to compete against other men.

I'm not sure what kind of research is needed, but common sense has to prevail at some point. You can't be born a male and then decide you want to be a female and even take it a step further by saying you want to compete with other females...there is nothing fair about that.

However, it should be pointed out that the NAIA has no problem with women who decide to become men and want to compete against other men.
That should not fly either. Elevated testosterone levels could give them an advantage.

If a governing body is going to decide this, there has to be research/data to justify it beyond "common sense."

In the ESPN story, it says, "There is no known number of transgender athletes at the high school and college levels, though it is believed to be small." I'd like to know what the number of trans athletes is for NAIA that would point to the league needing to ban them from participating in women's sports.

Otherwise, it would be no different than red states doing the same thing for high schools to score political points despite, in some cases, there being either a handful or no trans athletes competing anywhere.

Having elevated testosterone isn't necessarily an advantage, considering levels can spike in ciswomen due to PCOS, thyroid issues, insulin resistance and some vitamins.
Come on now...let's not do that. You know I am talking about taking testosterone as a supplement to become more male is not the same thing. And what is ciswomen?

If a governing body is going to decide this, there has to be research/data to justify it beyond "common sense."

In the ESPN story, it says, "There is no known number of transgender athletes at the high school and college levels, though it is believed to be small." I'd like to know what the number of trans athletes is for NAIA that would point to the league needing to ban them from participating in women's sports.

Otherwise, it would be no different than red states doing the same thing for high schools to score political points despite, in some cases, there being either a handful or no trans athletes competing anywhere.
Women should compete against women and men should compete against men.....Common Sense.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How many trans women were completing in NAIA compared to actual women?

The numbers were small in terms of NCAA Division I.

How many trans women were completing in NAIA compared to actual women?

The numbers were small in terms of NCAA Division I.
Last year, a researcher, Joanna Harper, told Newsweek the number of trans women competing in sports at the NCAA level was fewer than 100. And that total is but a small fraction of an estimated 480,000-plus student-athletes the NCAA says competes in its three divisions. At the NAIA level, the 83,000 student-athletes competing in more than 25 sports is comparably smaller. No transgender athlete has competed in postseason play in NAIA.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/...no-porter/article287594385.html#storylink=cpy

Last year, a researcher, Joanna Harper, told Newsweek the number of trans women competing in sports at the NCAA level was fewer than 100. And that total is but a small fraction of an estimated 480,000-plus student-athletes the NCAA says competes in its three divisions. At the NAIA level, the 83,000 student-athletes competing in more than 25 sports is comparably smaller. No transgender athlete has competed in postseason play in NAIA.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/...no-porter/article287594385.html#storylink=cpy
It is not about numbers fellas....DAYUM!

You know what, I didn't even think about that. Good point!
I wonder even if their levels are higher because of testosterone treatment would it make a difference given their bodies possible limitations to use all of that testosterone. It like pouring water from a 16 oz cup to 8oz, you can only pour in what the 8oz cup can hold and nothing more. It would made more sense to release the research and data that lead to the decision along with the decision to show that they don't have nothing to hide.

I wonder even if their levels are higher because of testosterone treatment would it make a difference given their bodies possible limitations to use all of that testosterone. It like pouring water from a 16 oz cup to 8oz, you can only pour in what the 8oz cup can hold and nothing more. It would made more sense to release the research and data that lead to the decision along with the decision to show that they don't have nothing to hide.
They take testosterone to change their features to more masculine looking and it changes their physical makeup.

Back