MVSU NIT question gets answered on Sunday!

Originally posted by bluedog
Bruh stop acting like a little girl with this tit for tat crap. You asked me a question I answer and that's it. Nobody said anything about you not having an opinon also.

Btw what part of I'm not looking to debate it you miss?

Not looking for a debate, huh? I'm acting like a little girl? I guess since I don't agree with your ridiculous assessment that the SWAC should cancel its tournament, I'm acting "girl-ish." Fine. You were right, and I (and everyone else who disagreed with your no-tournament jist) was wrong.

Feel better now?

:smh:

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
Not looking for a debate, huh? I'm acting like a little girl? I guess since I don't agree with your ridiculous assessment that the SWAC should cancel its tournament, I'm acting "girl-ish." Fine. You were right, and I (and everyone else who disagreed with your no-tournament jist) was wrong.

Feel better now?

:smh:

Podnuh you truly have some issues.............

3) It's my opinon I not asking you to agree or disagree nor am I looking for a debate over it.
:rolleyes: :shame:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Isn't there some commissioner of the SWAC that can AT LEAST give a friendly call to the NIT TC to make sure they are considered? At the very least, he should do that.

22-7 and 16-2 (when was the last time a SWAC school posted a 16-2 conference record?) deserves to play on. Yet, every year there are something like 3 or 4 20 win teams that get left out of BOTH tournaments. I hope MVSU isn't one of them.

This is where the commish earns his $$$.

LaMont

Originally posted by mighty hornet
btw, Valley is developing a pattern.

I don't know if you referring to being knock out in the first round or just not making it to the big dance after winning the conf. title. but here's a list of those who won the conf. title and who made it.

It seems at first glance as if JSU & TSU have the highest rate of being elimated.

NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - Southwestern Athletic Conference Champions

Year Season Tournament Champs

1980 Alcorn State Alcorn State
1981 Southern /Alcorn State Southern
1982 Jackson State/ Alcorn State Alcorn State
1983 Texas Southern Alcorn State
1984 Alcorn State Alcorn State
1985 Alcorn State Southern
1986 Southern /Alcorn State Mississippi Valley State
1987 Grambling Southern
1988 Southern Southern
1989 Texas Southern/Grambling/Southern Southern
1990 Southern Texas Southern
1991 Jackson State Jackson State
1992 Texas Southern/Mississippi Valley State Mississippi Valley State
1993 Jackson State Southern
1994 Texas Southern Texas Southern
1995 Texas Southern Texas Southern
1996 Jackson State/Mississippi Valley State Mississippi Valley State
1997 Mississippi Valley State Jackson State
1998 Texas Southern Prairie View A&M
1999 Alcorn State Alcorn State
2000 Alcorn State Jackson State
2001 Alabama State Alabama State
2002 Alcorn State Alcorn State
2003 Prairie View A&M Texas Southern

http://www.rauzulusstreet.com/basketball/college/swacchamps.htm

It seems at first glance as if JSU & TSU have the highest rate of being elimated.

Well you need to take a second glace because JSU has only been eliminated once when it was in sole first possession and TxSo twice. Shared titles don't relate to this debate when the team with the shared title won.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
JSU beat UConn in 1993...we hosted a second round game....can't remember the opponent.

I think it was SW Missouri State. Lindsey Hunter was the only one who showed up, though......I couldn't believe it when we lost to those........:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Well you need to take a second glace because JSU has only been eliminated once when it was in sole first possession and TxSo twice. Shared titles don't relate to this debate when the team with the shared title won.

First of all it's not a debate. Someone made a observation and I in turn give some information concerning it.

Secondly shared title not being included is your opinion not fact and you have that right. Personally I don't see how you could not include them other than someone having a personal agenda.

Back