MVSU NIT question gets answered on Sunday!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't know....I think that winning 20 games and the season title helps but I think they would have had a better chance losing in the finals rather than the first round. I hope they get in!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to be the lone nay-sayer, but they won't get in. Their and the SWAC as a conference RPI's aren't high enough.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Regards.

I would certainly hope that with their great season, (and a win over Big 10's Northwestern Wildcats,) the Devils could secure a spot.

Hopefully the committee will look at their "entire body of work," as St. Joe's coach said yesterday.

Good luck, MVSU and congratulations on a superb season!!

Originally posted by Dr. Mac
I hate to be the lone nay-sayer, but they won't get in. Their and the SWAC as a conference RPI's aren't high enough.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Regards.

I agree Dr. mac, even though they have 20 wins they need some quality wins against top conference to make it in.

I'm one of those that also think their shouldn't be a tournament until our basketball program gets back to where it was once, just send the conf. champs.

Originally posted by BandFan
Has an HBCU EVER been to the NIT????

If memory serves me right.............

TSU,JSU and SU all have been. I don't know about the other conferences.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by BandFan
Has an HBCU EVER been to the NIT????

JSU beat UConn in 1993...we hosted a second round game....can't remember the opponent.

I think Alcorn has two NIT wins....one over MS State.

I think Alcorn went a coupla times in the late '70s, early '80s.

I guess JSU was the last to do it in '93.

Originally posted by bluedog
I
I'm one of those that also think their shouldn't be a tournament until our basketball program gets back to where it was once, just send the conf. champs.

Why would you NOT have a tournament, simply because the league is struggling? The Big 10 this year certainly is NOT what it has been in the past. I doubt if they (or any other conference) would consider cancelling its tournament. Besides, the true strength of a conference is sometimes not determined until after the first month or so of a season, and I imagine that location and other logistics for tournaments are already in place by that time.

Finally, I have a question:

Has there ever been a time where more than 3 or 4 teams in the league have simply been dominating? We all know about SU's defeat of Ga Tech in '91, TxSU near defeat of defending national champion Arkansas in the first round in '95, and Alcorn putting a scare into Duke a few years back. But what is this about "where it was once?"

:confused:

I think Valley played their last game of the year last night.

and all this crying about not having a tournament is crazy. The beauty of these tournaments is that upsets are bound to happen. Don't stop playing the tournament because of the upsets.

btw, Valley is developing a pattern.

Originally posted by mighty hornet

btw, Valley is developing a pattern.

You said a mouthful right there my friend. I've noticed that especially being a Texas Southern grad. We've knocked Valley out of the conference tourney for three or four straight years even when we've had terrible teams.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
and all this crying about not having a tournament is crazy. The beauty of these tournaments is that upsets are bound to happen. Don't stop playing the tournament because of the upsets.

:tup:

I knew that someone understands. That's what makes March Madness fun!

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
Why would you NOT have a tournament, simply because the league is struggling? The Big 10 this year certainly is NOT what it has been in the past. I doubt if they (or any other conference) would consider cancelling its tournament. Besides, the true strength of a conference is sometimes not determined until after the first month or so of a season, and I imagine that location and other logistics for tournaments are already in place by that time.

Finally, I have a question:

Has there ever been a time where more than 3 or 4 teams in the league have simply been dominating? We all know about SU's defeat of Ga Tech in '91, TxSU near defeat of defending national champion Arkansas in the first round in '95, and Alcorn putting a scare into Duke a few years back. But what is this about "where it was once?"

:confused:

1) There are a few that don't have tournaments or that didn't

2)No there haven't been, but I don't recall anyone saying that it should be more than that. Most conf. don't have more than 3-4 dominate teams, we don't have that right now.

3) It's my opinon I not asking you to agree or disagree nor am I looking for a debate over it.

Originally posted by bluedog
1) There are a few that don't have tournaments or that didn't

2)No there haven't been, but I don't recall anyone saying that it should be more than that. Most conf. don't have more than 3-4 dominate teams, we don't have that right now.

3) It's my opinon I not asking you to agree or disagree nor am I looking for a debate over it.

1. - Your post wouldn't apply to those who DON'T have tournaments now, would it?

2. - Again, to cancel a tournament (for a conference that HAS BEEN having them,) simply because the league is going through a slump makes no sense...and

3.- I know whose opinion it is, nor am I looking for a debate. My post was MY opinion. See, I have one too.

That is all.

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
1. - Your post wouldn't apply to those who DON'T have tournaments now, would it?

2. - Again, to cancel a tournament (for a conference that HAS BEEN having them,) simply because the league is going through a slump makes no sense...and

3.- I know whose opinion it is, nor am I looking for a debate. My post was MY opinion. See, I have one too.

That is all.

Bruh stop acting like a little girl with this tit for tat crap. You asked me a question I answer and that's it. Nobody said anything about you not having an opinon also.

Btw what part of I'm not looking to debate it you miss?

Back