11/3 @ Grambling *
11/10 Hampton
11/17 Alabama A&M *
11/22 @ Alabama State (Turkey Day Classic) *

* Conference game
Good schedule.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Good schedule.

I was hoping we either ended up with an Edward Waters for the last home game but Hampton is even better.

2 of the 3 "money" games are actually winnable (North Dakota and Alabama State) plus having bye weeks heading into Alcorn (first home game) and BCU will be a big plus to iron out whatever kinks need to be worked out with a new OC trying to implement a new system with a sophomore QB and freshman RBs

I was hoping we either ended up with an Edward Waters for the last home game but Hampton is even better.

2 of the 3 "money" games are actually winnable (North Dakota and Alabama State) plus having bye weeks heading into Alcorn (first home game) and BCU will be a big plus to iron out whatever kinks need to be worked out with a new OC trying to implement a new system with a sophomore QB and freshman RBs

Yall got Bethune-Cookman. They still owe us 3 more quarters of a game. Them jokes want to call the game off in 2016 when we was about to but a foot in they behind.

I don't know about this one Valley. It's seems like another rough schedule for a team that is trying to build a winning culture. Valley and any other SWAC program that is trying to get back into the winning coulum really needs to ask programs like Georgetown, Indiana State, Presbyterian or Robert Morris for a game or home and home series. Playing 2 teams like that and 1 G5 FBS money game might really get things going in the right direction.

Anyway, good luck Valley. I hope y'all turn a new chapter for the better.

Last edited:
8/30 @ North Dakota
9/8 @ Jacksonville State
9/15 Bye
9/22 Alcorn State *
9/29 Bye
10/6 @ Bethune Cookman
10/13 @ Jackson State *
10/20 UAPB (HOMECOMING) *
10/27 @ Texas Southern *
11/3 @ Grambling *
11/10 Hampton
11/17 Alabama A&M *

* Conference game

Nice schedule!

I don't know about this one Valley. It's seems like another rough schedule for a team that is trying to build a winning culture. Valley and any other SWAC program that is trying to get back into the winning coulum really needs to ask programs like Georgetown, Indiana State, Presbyterian or Robert Morris for a game or home and home series. Playing 2 teams like that a 1 G5 FBS money game might really get things going in the right direction.

Anyway, good luck Valley. I hope y'all turn a new chapter for the better.

At Valley's funding level, they need to play 4 bad D2 teams. I would even play them home-home. They need to play 4 SIAC teams per year and not a good one like Tuskegee.

8/30 @ North Dakota
9/8 @ Jacksonville State
9/15 Bye
9/22 Alcorn State *
9/29 Bye
10/6 @ Bethune Cookman
10/13 @ Jackson State *
10/20 UAPB (HOMECOMING) *
10/27 @ Texas Southern *
11/3 @ Grambling *
11/10 Hampton
11/17 Alabama A&M *

* Conference game

I was wondering when we’d get around to being Valley’s homecoming bait.

~sighs~

I was wondering when we’d get around to being Valley’s homecoming bait.

~sighs~
When we're the only team they have beaten in the past two years, you become bait period. Hell I'd schedule us for our homecoming! But change is on the way!!!!!

Not sure. How he thinks the ASU game is so winnable. We started freshmen QBs and was without our OC. Orlando is back and the QB position has definitely improved.

Not sure. How he thinks the ASU game is so winnable. We started freshmen QBs and was without our OC. Orlando is back and the QB position has definitely improved.

Let's just pretend like we didn't play our worst QB with a terrible OC and haven't had a rushing game in 3 years and almost won. That's called a winnable game much UAPB is a winnable game based off previous year's results.

BRUH, Valley has the number one fans on the planet as far as Im concerned. Leave them be! Fall cometh!

Po Vince.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I said that because Valley is playing a really tough schedule that our HBCU's need to play more of!

I don't know about that. Unless the two below are not on the schedule the same years and are going to return trips, I wouldn't endorse it.

8/30 @ North Dakota
9/8 @ Jacksonville State

8/30 @ North Dakota

North Dakota is not North Dakota State.

If there is a team that a first year coach installing a new system like Valley needs to play, it's a 3 win UND team that isn't projected to be much better than a 3-4 team next year

If there is a team that a first year coach installing a new system like Valley needs to play, it's a 3 win UND team that isn't projected to be much better than a 3-4 team next year

IMHO (for S.U.), I don't see a value of playing/going to any team way in N. Dakota. What is good for Valley is not necessarily good for S.U. Of course I wish MVSU the best of luck and always do when you all are competing out of conference. If I had to prognosticate, I would guess MVSU as being a 28 point underdog at a minimum. That 3-4 projected win is not the same type of SWAC 3-4 win program. If you glance at the Dunkel Index, you'll find that ND is a middle of the Pac FCS program and unfortunately, MVSU is at the bottom.

IMHO (for S.U.), I don't see a value of playing/going to any team way in N. Dakota. What is good for Valley is not necessarily good for S.U. Of course I wish MVSU the best of luck and always do when you all are competing out of conference. If I had to prognosticate, I would guess MVSU as being a 28 point underdog at a minimum. That 3-4 projected win is not the same type of SWAC 3-4 win program. If you glance at the Dunkel Index, you'll find that ND is a middle of the Pac FCS program and unfortunately, MVSU is at the bottom.

I was thinking 56....

I said that because Valley is playing a really tough schedule that our HBCU's need to play more of!

The only HBCU’s that need to play tough schedules are HBCU’s that have a winning tradition and is a tough program. It makes no sense to play tough schedules when you are battling your conference to finish in the middle of the pack. It makes even less sense when you are struggling to win conference games. Losing program schedule games that will turn their programs into winning programs. No bad football program becomes good one by kicking their heart and souls stumped into the grass by strong programs. Strong schedules can end your conference season before it begins.

ND is in a conference a team projected to win 3 games would win 7-8 in the SWAC.

Back