Modem Question

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
I'm so technically challenged, so I figured my swacpage family could/would come to my rescue.

I can't access the internet anymore via my laptop. Everytime I attempt to log on, it gives me an error message saying that either my phone line's in use or the modem's not connecting properly.....what da hell does this mean?:rolleyes: My phone line is not in use when I'm trying to access the net, so does this mean my modem's bad or what? I've tried ejecting the modem and replacing it and that hasn't worked so far. Someone told me that it may be my phone line, but I don't think so.

and how much are those things anyway....the one I have, someone gave to me, so I've never purchased one myself.

Panthro, send help quick!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I can take a look at it for you if you'd like.

There alert was true, a server was down. So when I drove out there to never, never land, I saw that the box was down. I brought the box back up and then I failed the applications from the failover server to this server that was down. I even called SUN opened a case and sent SUN the explorer files. Later that night the local SUN guy had called me at my desk and told me that the admin of the down server had intentionally taken the server down Friday night because he was going to rebuild the server on Monday Morning. I told the Sun rep, I know that my co-worker did not plan something like this without telling unix ONCALL (ME). Sure enough my co-worker had done the unthinkable. I called his mobile number and proceeded to call him all kinds of names. I then proceed to fail over back to the secondary server and I took the primary server down. It was Midnight by this time.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back