Mighty Dog's Official Trip Report of The Magic City Classic

MightyDog

I arrived in B'ham at 2:00pm on Thursday and checked in the Crowne Plaza Hotel. After checking in I went to visit my Mother and some more relatives. After wishing the Alabama St. side of the family well, I returned to Hotel. We had a snack with the SWAC #1 Cheerleaders and departed for the Pep Rally held at the Boutwell Aud. We had people represented from both schools and the crowd was full of energy.

Friday Morning we went to the Black Business Breakfast Buffet. I was disappointed they did not have any grape jelly. The lady said we only serve perserves up here. She looked at me as if I had not move up in the world, but I saw her as a bottle of Silver Saten. The Presidents didn't bragg this year about the game as in previous years. After the Breakfast, I told my President that not to worry we will win the game.

Friday about Noon, we had an Alumni Luncheon which honored all Past National Alumni Presidents. Following the Luncheon we went into the Alumni Business meeting. After about 15 minutes, my spouse got cold and I had to take her to the room. Little did I know that she would be accused of faking the cough so we could get out of the meeting, but I did have some other things to do and didn't know how I was going to walk out without being noticed.

Friday night we prepared for the Beat Alabama State Reception.
As it turned out we had 6 different prepared chickens, meatballs,
cheeses and fruits. We had a great time and as I recalled no one mentioned Alabama State. However, some Alabama St. folks did show up.

Saturday Morning arrived at the parade site a 6:30am. Checked out my Shriner's Mini Car and all ten of us headed to the parade lineup around 8:00am. We stepped off around 11:00am.

After the parade I arrived at the hotel and departed for the game at 1:15pm. Went into the stadium box around 1:45 and had a good meal and drinks. The next person I saw was Donald Watkins who kept saying when we get to sixty we are going to ease up on you all. Following him came Joe Reed (the Black Governor of Alabama). I had not seen him this happy since Donald resigned from the Board of Trustee. Just in case you don't know, Joe forced Donald to resign from the AlST Board, because Joe threaten to take his money out of famous bank owned by you know who.

After the game I called my relatives who attended Alabama State to let them know that they were responsible, if our coach gets fired. I am glad they showed some passion for our coach because he was really feeling the pressure.

The 80 and above alums were really upset during this game. I was asked if I wanted to keep the coach or let him go. But you know I don't understand politics, so I asked which one do you want me to back you on?

The sad thing about the whole weekend is that Cole said he had coached his last Magic City Classic. . I have to find out if he said this before the game or after the game.

But anyway I am going to try and make the GSU/ASU game this weekend. I have to support my relatives school against GSU.

Back