McNair again lead the Titans to victory.

EB

Last week McNair won the battle of Mississippi quarterbacks against Brett Farve and the playoff contending Packers. This week a beat up McNair leads his team to a win over division champ Oakland in Oakland.

Final 1 2 3 4 T
Tennessee 0 0 10 3 13
Oakland 0 0 0 10 10

Man I saw it!!! Alot of people including the NFL are sleeping on McNair...he's been red hot these past 6 weeks. Tonight he went up against one of the tightest secondaries (Oak) in the league and pull off a victory. Man he made some tight thread the needle throws against Charles Woodsen's super coverage. Hey, if the Titans somehow make it in the playoffs don't be surprised to see the return of the come from behind etc. Alcorn days from him.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think "the toothpaste is out of the tube" now.

Fisher, the Titans, and everybody else has seen what McNair can do with his arm (the things SWAC fans already knew). I don't think we will see the old "give to Eddie George, 4 yards and a cloud of dust, wear them down and let Eddie run over them in the 4th quarter" Tennessee offense anymore. McNair's arm and the receivers he has will demand that they throw it.

I like Eddie George and I know he's hurt and all of that, but he better watch our for Skip Hicks. Skips is playing like he wants to play "full-time".

Regards.

p.s. Happy Christmas to all.

Originally posted by Dr. Mac
I think "the toothpaste is out of the tube" now.

Fisher, the Titans, and everybody else has seen what McNair can do with his arm (the things SWAC fans already knew). I don't think we will see the old "give to Eddie George, 4 yards and a cloud of dust, wear them down and let Eddie run over them in the 4th quarter" Tennessee offense anymore. McNair's arm and the receivers he has will demand that they throw it.

I like Eddie George and I know he's hurt and all of that, but he better watch our for Skip Hicks. Skips is playing like he wants to play "full-time".

Regards.

p.s. Happy Christmas to all.

Exactly, I complained bitterly after their loss to Miami two years ago. Their offensive attack was not going to work against the Dolphin defense. Sure enough the Titans lost 17-0. Sure, McNair had a bad night, but the offensive game plan was bad too.

Believe it or not. George is getting worn down. They need a passing attack to take the pressure off of him.

Then again you are also right about Hicks.

EB:

George's style is just like Earl Campbell's. Running over everybody instead of avoiding some hits shortened his career. George would do well to learn from Cambell's career.

Franco Harris had it right. Folks would call him a coward for running out of bounds but Franco said "why take the extra hit" when the additional 1/2 yard would make a difference. He had a much longer career than Campbell.

Wish your parents a merry christmas from me and my wife for me.

Take Care.

Back