Maybe Diana Taurasi was right about Caitlin Clark getting a "reality check"

Clark (and her coach) are gonna have to adjust to how teams are going to play her defensively. It seemed Indy didn’t have an answer for that. The Sun were blitzing and pressuring her all night. Scoring and playmaking won’t be much of an issue for her as the season goes on. It’s going to be reducing TOs and being able to navigate how she’s guarded nightly.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I did not understand why some people did not think this was going to happen, as the WNBA is a smaller league and thus talent is more evenly spread out and not water down like in college basketball given the number of d1 schools. Also, playing against grown and experience women is a different than what she has experience in college.

I did not understand why some people did not think this was going to happen, as the WNBA is a smaller league and thus talent is more evenly spread out and not water down like in college basketball given the number of d1 schools. Also, playing against grown and experience women is a different than what she has experience in college.
Right. And she still scored 20 despite struggling against the best defensive team in the league. lol

Right. And she still scored 20 despite struggling against the best defensive team in the league. lol
I did not say she was going to be shutdown completely, but I don't think she will be put up the same numbers like she did in college on the regular. The bigger question is will she hold the audience attention if she not scoring 40 or so a game.

I'll let y'all ride with the Great White Hype. I'll sit this one out.
Caitlin Clark, Larry Bird.

Shrug GIF by Harlem Globetrotters

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Clark (and her coach) are gonna have to adjust to how teams are going to play her defensively. It seemed Indy didn’t have an answer for that. The Sun were blitzing and pressuring her all night. Scoring and playmaking won’t be much of an issue for her as the season goes on. It’s going to be reducing TOs and being able to navigate how she’s guarded nightly.
Clark is going to be fine. The primary problem is that the Indiana Fever is just not that good. They finished dead last in the Eastern Conference last year and were one of the worst teams in the league. The team just needs better pieces.

I agree. White America is looking for a hero. They're tired of the American negro sports star. I'll let y'all ride with the Great White Hype. I'll sit this one out.

But WHO created that American Negro Sports Star????

Who has pushed blacks (mainly black males) to play ONLY sports?
Who has only covered black schools when they have sport teams more than black kids getting into Harvard and in other fields?
Who at one point constantly dismissing white players for years and propping up black ones-even the bad ones. Nobody was on ESPN telling Dirk or Lucca or Joker to leave their teams and form super teams. Or shame them for being on certain teams like they did with Lillard, Mitchell and others.
Who excused a lot of the negative behavior and antics of black athletes and keeping them in the league while trying to run white ones out?

White America created that monster with some black supporting it. Now some of them want these sports back. WNBA had plenty of white players that got ignored. Now they want Clark and sure the black ones don't like it. But they are the ones who will benefit.

Personally I have nothing against Caitiln Clark. She's a child growing up in a dysfunctional racist country. With that being said I hope she has a great career. Everyone deserves their dream life and a chance to live it. My fight is against the racist pilgrim trash in America who really doesn't care about this young lady. The plight is to stick it to black people and hope for a great white hype. When these pilgrims go low I go lower. As long as there in breath in my body I will be ready to battle these hicks, My motto is what ever they support I will go against. She is a baller who loves the game and will only grow like all good athletes. That's how the game goes. The truth is I'm just glad this years WNBA class ha a bunch of feminine women in it. I love tall feminine women.

I agree. White America is looking for a hero. They're tired of the American negro sports star. I'll let y'all ride with the Great White Hype. I'll sit this one out.

Seems like alot of Black folks want a white hero as well...because I've seen alot of Black people going harder for the CaitlynClarks, Abbey Steiners, and Mathew Bolings of the world more than white people. Many times at the expense of Black athletes

Clark is a baller. I don’t ever root for her because I hate Big Ten Basketball all around, but I do respect her game. She is a problem on that court. She knocks down shots from anywhere, and will throw it up even if she has a bad look. She doesn’t like contact, but she still plays with enough aggression to carry her over in tough games. The girl can shoot.

She is playing against experienced grown WNBA players and a lot of them with extensive over seas experience...not college teams with one or two good players.

Not sure how long you fellas have been following the WNBA, but the league isn’t as good as as you might think. Besides a few players every year, the league usually stinks. Yes, Clark will have the blues every so often because her team really sucks, but another high draft opportunity for the Fever will open the road to Clark being the savior of the franchise. If you check out the Fever, they are really just one more defensive player away from winning a lot of games. I doubt the Fever are worried about wins and losses this season. They want another high position in the 25 draft now that they have a scorer. Clark will be fine, and will score a bunch of points this year.

Back