Maroon And White Papers (Homecoming)

MightyDog

First, I would like to thank all SWACPagers who understand the pain we feel at this moment. Now we know what is was like for SU and JSU to watch AAMU and GSU play for the SWAC Championship last year. We took things for granted and really believed that we would go undefeated this year. We were so proud of our D1A Coach that we offered him a four year extension. One minute you can be on top and the next minute you can be on the bottom; this is a part of growing up. Take SU who had a bad season last year, but came back to win a close game against AAMU and this weekend they were leading JSU in the final 8 minutes of the ballgame.

Having no control over the ballgame, I must report on the activity I had a lot to do with (tailgating). We experienced some difficulty with tailgating because of the rain and wind. We must learn to anchor our tents better and place one of those wind flags that are used on airport runways to determine wind directions. The wind blew too much smoke into the tent because I feel we did not have the proper equipment to chart the wind.

After feeding over 2000 fans on Shriner's Corner, we still had spirits left over. The food was great and by the way this was the Shrine Day Football as well as homecoming. The sad thing that happened during the parade is that my brand new Mini-car ran out of gas. In fact three of the five cars we used in the parade ran out of gas. When my car ran out of gas I got out and started talking to fans on the street until the gas arrived. They thought I was being a friendly Shriner, but after they found out what was going on they shouted he was out of gas. :D

As you can see I live up to my 50%, but I had no control over the outcome of the game.

For all you folk who are calling for the resignation or firing of the coach, he has four years to build a winner.

GR, we feel you on this matter, but we just cannot put a man out of a job. We want to ask for your continued support in our time of need. BTW, our coach said he takes full responsibility for the lost to Morris Brown. So that means we don't have to feel like losers this weekend.

Miles College have some great tailgaters and we must get ready for them.

Having no control over the ballgame, I must report on the activity I had a lot to do with (tailgating). We experienced some difficulty with tailgating because of the rain and wind. We must learn to anchor our tents better and place one of those wind flag that are used on airport runways to determine wind directions. The wind blew too much smoke into the tent because I feel we did not have the proper equipment to chart the wind.

you should have known it was going to be a long day even before the game started

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I caught more "L" about running out of gas than losing the game.

My official day started on Thursday and it was none stop until I started reading the SWACpage this morning. In addition, all of you know what it feel like to suffer unsuspected losses.

I remember those days about unexpected losses, with all of this winning I forgot how it felt

but we just cannot put a man out of a
job.
Let him "coach" P.E. Don't yall have intramural flag football???? Hell, you can be like us and just pay him NOT to coach!!!

Lewis our coaches are not instructors or teachers. These positions have not had to teach since 1975.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Lewis our coaches are not instructors or teachers. These positions have not had to teach since 1975.

with that said they should not need a lifetime to build a decent program!

The life spand for a headfootball coach is very short at AAMU.

What Coop has going for him at the moment is the releasing of so many coaches since Coach Crews. Some people are just plain tired of bringing in new people. Please understand the Magic City Classic as we have stated many times from Alabama St. point of view as well as AAMU, you will get fired in a hurry if you don't win the Classic. It is the game of the year. The BC is a newcomer to BCF Classics. Tuskegee lost to Morehouse in the famous classic this past weekend.

Back