Magazine selects SU as one of best

Earle

Black Enterprise magazine has Selected Southern University as the 37th best overall university for black coeds in the United States. In its ranking of the 50 best colleges for blacks, SU was one of only three public HBCUs selected. I dont know the criterion used to make these rankings nor do I know the name of the other two public HBCUs named in the listing.

Earle,

This topic has been discussed here and in the Round Table Forum. Most of us feel that the ranking is not credible since no SWAC school is listed in the top ten. Most of these rankings seem to be East Coast and Private College biased, much like the Black College Football Polls. (except for Grambling) :p

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not credible?

Well, being from a private school and a public MEAC school, I'd have to say that others of us feel the credibility of a poll isn't dependent on rather or not any SWAC schools are in it. So let me see if I got this straight; nothing is credible unless the SWAC is represented? :confused: That logic doesn't sound credible if you ask me, but rather totally based on emotional ties to SWAC schools.

Back