Looks like Clarett is done for the season.

Da_Sperm

- sports.yahoo.com
So Maurice Clarett could be done for the year, done for Columbus, done for college football altogether.

Time will tell. All we know now is that the NCAA is investigating whether Clarett violated its amateurism rules and/or was involved in academic fraud.

Dayum, talk about one strike and you're out. Well, maybe it was more than one strike, but still the university has pimped this kid. I wish he could have entered the draft, he would have been the first back taken. What a shame.

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
Dayum, talk about one strike and you're out. Well, maybe it was more than one strike, but still the university has pimped this kid. I wish he could have entered the draft, he would have been the first back taken. What a shame.

Frat, Clarett brought alot of this on himself and the University didn't just wait to see what would happen so they look bad as well. Sounds like they thought Clarett would be okay then things kept coming up.

The kid is actually intelligent, just needs some common sense and grow up. Ohio State usually isn't a bad place among PWCs for a black student-athlete. I can vouch for that myself. As long as you take advantage of the situation. Clarett just never got off on the right foot and now he will learn his first hard lesson about life.

He should be fine. Once the NCAA says how long he has to sit, he will then probably get alot of calls to transfer. Sounds like his folks have had enough of Ohio State and Ohio State of him. I think the lying about the theft from a car he had no business even driving is what got him. Also sounds like the agent stuff might have come into play. OSU already had cleared him on the oral test issue. I wish him luck. He may end up at Youngstown State where he's from and Tressel's old school. If he's cleared he'll head to another 1A school. If not he can play in Canada for a couple of years and then head to the NFL.

Re: Re: Looks like Clarett is done for the season.

Originally posted by JR
Frat, Clarett brought alot of this on himself and the University didn't just wait to see what would happen so they look bad as well. Sounds like they thought Clarett would be okay then things kept coming up.

The kid is actually intelligent, just needs some common sense and grow up.

:tup:

As my grandma used to say in church when the pastor was makin' it plain...."Yeah, he right!!"

Yea, it appears to me that they are trying to make an example out of the little Ni**a boy!

All of the Isht that goes down in Div IA.

He's being made an example of.

If he is out for the season, he should get with "Mackie"
and work out from now till next August. No interviews, no statments, nothing. Come back next season with a vengance, have a good year and then enter the draft in 2004.

And come up like Sapp, and Coles who both had trouble in college.

Originally posted by kkpsi10
Yea, it appears to me that they are trying to make an example out of the little Ni**a boy!

All of the Isht that goes down in Div IA.

He's being made an example of.

If he is out for the season, he should get with "Mackie"
and work out from now till next August. No interviews, no statments, nothing. Come back next season with a vengance, have a good year and then enter the draft in 2004.

And come up like Sapp, and Coles who both had trouble in college.

Man look, spin it however you want to this fool knew what he was doing was wrong and I ain't got no pity for him, it's not like he was intrapped or something. My only question is does the school get to keep the championship and all that damn money?

As is the case in Baylor, when everything was UNCOVERED, Baylor had its hand in the jar too. I didn't say that the kid is not at fault too, but to miss the entire season? At Arkansas, I remember students accused of rape getting only benched, at most a one game suspension.

I do have pity for the kid because he made a mistake and the punishment does not fit the crime. This is worse than former Washington head football coach, Rick Neu????, getting fired for participating in a office pool of the NCAA tournament basketball game.

This is worse than former Washington head football coach, Rick Neu????, getting fired for participating in a office pool of the NCAA tournament basketball game.

That was a setup. They probably wanted to get rid of him and bring in one of their boys.

Originally posted by bluedog
Man look, spin it however you want to this fool knew what he was doing was wrong and I ain't got no pity for him, it's not like he was intrapped or something. My only question is does the school get to keep the championship and all that damn money?

Why not? Clarett did this stuff not Ohio State. He's not suspended for the academic issues. Its all this other stuff. Taking an oral test was a hook-up. We all know it. But it was legal and is offered to all students. I know that to be true, because while I was there I knew some foreign students who did the same because of the language barrier. So he didn't violate any rules to cause them to lose the National Championship. The rest of this stuff happened this spring. Unless there is more to the test issue, the Buckeyes will be keeping the trophy.

Clarett aint the first big name back to come to Ohio State that was all-world. People forget about Eddie George and the Heisman trophy he won. Difference is that Clarett needs to grow up and take advantage of his situation. Eddie George had no problem. We all know some type of cheating goes on at every school. Especially the PWCs. Clarett grew up in Ohio and knew all about Ohio State. He decided to bring all this negative attention on himself. Like he knew he was in a car probably some booster hooked him up with. That means he should have shut his mouth when he gave a police report and just gave the facts. Luckily he had not filed an insurance claim or he may be headed jail for fraud.

Clarett just needed to go to class and play ball. At least Katzenmoyer did and everyone knew he there just for football.
:lmao:

Well I guess you got a point there JR , but Sperm I'd had to disagree with you on him making a mistake, that would insinuate that he didn't understand or know what he was doing and we both know this butthead did.

Originally posted by bluedog
Well I guess you got a point there JR , but Sperm I'd had to disagree with you on him making a mistake, that would insinuate that he didn't understand or know what he was doing and we both know this butthead did.

You are right about that BD. Clarett is smart enough to know better. No one can take advantage of him. I can tell how he carried himself. Pretty cocky and arrogant. He speaks well too. So I know he's intelligent. Just trying to push the envelope. His common sense is what is lacking. Ohio State is just trying to make sure they don't get caught up. Clarett will be fine. But he must learn the hard way. He aint being made an example of. Because if Ohio State was comfortable they would keep him. Something has them spooked about Clarett. Something the NCAA knows about.

Well, whatever anybody thinks ...... until his 3rd, or what would be his 3rd year at Ohio State before turning pro ..... He will get that 2 years early and get "pro" experience. The owner of the CFL franchise in Toronto, (I think), said 2 weeks ago that they had claimed this kid for their team just in case this happened. They did it so no other CFL team could get him. He was talking a 2 year contract, (worth a couple of million), so it wouldn't "bump heads" with the NFL when he became "draft eligiable."

I don't know, but I think the NCAA may have just given these kid's that are in college "trying out" for the NFL a way to get around the NFL rule of only drafting after what would be their 3rd year of college. Dude was already thinking about challenging the rule anyway.

Originally posted by jstate83
Well, whatever anybody thinks ...... until his 3rd, or what would be his 3rd year at Ohio State before turning pro ..... He will get that 2 years early and get "pro" experience. The owner of the CFL franchise in Toronto, (I think), said 2 weeks ago that they had claimed this kid for their team just in case this happened. They did it so no other CFL team could get him. He was talking a 2 year contract, (worth a couple of million), so it wouldn't "bump heads" with the NFL when he became "draft eligiable."

I don't know, but I think the NCAA may have just given these kid's that are in college "trying out" for the NFL a way to get around the NFL rule of only drafting after what would be their 3rd year of college. Dude was already thinking about challenging the rule anyway.

Frat, you are exactly right. I figured one of those Canadian teams would sign him. Plus they need a good draw for fans to come see. Toronto is a nice city. The Canadian taxes are high but hey he'll still make out until he goes to the NFL. Much better than he's doing at Ohio State. They pay, but not like CFL.:lmao:

I knew this kid was "out" at OSU when he made those comments during Bowl week last year about OSU being a football factory and not caring for its players as people during that incident regarding his friend's funeral that they, supposantly, wouldn't let him attend. The "good" folks at and for OSU didn't like those kinds of comments being made about their program regardless of whether they were true or not. He just gave them the ammo to rid themselves of him with this current stuff.

OSU has gotten what they want, a national championship. He's expendable now.

Regards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have to disagree ................. If push comes to shove ...........Leaving Ohio St. to play football somewhere else, he will take the money. He dose not like the NCAA and has said so. I just don't see him playing for ANY other college with the CFL offering to make him the L. James of football.

Originally posted by Butch Wms.
Since push has come to shove for Clarett, he'll try to transfer to an HBCU, if the current trend holds.

Nah , I doubt Clarett will do that. He'll see what the NCAA has to say first and then decide on whether he transfers. I think he may go play pro ball in the CFL for a couple of years if the NCAA declares him ineligible. If they clear him, but say he's suspended for a year then it'll be interesting if he will stay or transfer. Remember if he is out for the year, he can transfer now to another 1A school and be eligible to play next year. Since he is enrolled at Ohio State now, he may have to miss a couple of games at the next 1A school. Of course if he goes to 1-AA then he can play right away. My bet would be he goes to Youngstown St if he goes 1-AA. Don't think Clarett will seek out an HBCU. Just my gut feeling. Who knows. I see the family has Jim Brown advising him. You never know with that dude.

I told you guys last year that this guy was a cancer and now look. You will learn how to believe me. He runs his mouth too damn much. I cant wait til he gets to the NFL and becomes another Big 10 RB let down. He is no better than KiJana Carter or Curtis Ennis.

I feel for the kid....because he is the only being punished....they were more people involved than him.

Originally posted by Get Ready
I told you guys last year that this guy was a cancer and now look. You will learn how to believe me. He runs his mouth too damn much. I cant wait til he gets to the NFL and becomes another Big 10 RB let down. He is no better than KiJana Carter or Curtis Ennis.

GR,
Only the Penn State backs have had bad NFL careers. Robert Smith was not a bust. Eddie George is not a bust and he was supposed to have the Heisman jinx. Michael Bennett of the Vikings is not a bust. We'll see if he's injury prone. Ron Dayne can probably can be called a bust. Ty Wheatly has been a productive NFL back. No superstar but he's been okay. Every conference has had busts at rb. The Big 12 is probably at the top. For every good one that have had some bad ones. So what's your point. I know you hate the Big 10. But Ohio State rarely produces busts in the NFL. If anything their players step up and perform. Hell you have 3 of them that might start for your beloved Cowboys. LOL

Clarett Unlikely to Play Again for Ohio State

September 4, 2003
Clarett Unlikely to Play Again for Ohio State
By MIKE FREEMAN
New York Times

he relationship between running back Maurice Clarett and Ohio State has turned so sour that he will most likely never play another game for the team he helped turn into the national champion, Jim Brown, the Hall of Fame player who is advising the Clarett family, said yesterday.

Brown, who speaks to either Clarett or his mother, Michelle, almost daily, also said that Clarett was seriously considering transferring to another university. Clarett missed Ohio State's season opener last Saturday as part of a multigame suspension from the university for his exaggerations in a theft report filed with the police.

"Maurice is exploring every option at this point," Brown said in a telephone interview. "I think it's safe to say that Maurice probably won't play again at Ohio State. That could change, but that is the way it looks now. So Maurice would be foolish not to think ahead. One of the possibilities is Maurice transferring and starting his career over somewhere else."

The National Collegiate Athletic Association is also investigating the theft incident, and the university has forwarded information from its inquiry into accusations of academic fraud involving Clarett to the N.C.A.A. If Clarett, who helped the Buckeyes win the national title last season in the Fiesta Bowl, leaves Ohio State, any punishment handed down to him would most likely follow him to whatever college he selected.

But Brown said that things had become so strained it could easily reach a point where Clarett feels it is time to leave Columbus.

Brown also said he had spoken to several former National Football League personnel men and scouts who advised him that Clarett's transferring was among his top options. But Brown did not rule out Clarett's mounting a legal challenge to the N.F.L.'s eligibility rules. The N.F.L. bars players until they have been out of high school for three seasons; this is Clarett's second year out of high school.

"Most of all I want Maurice and his family to be patient, to go through this current process and not make any rash decisions," Brown said. "They're being very calm and very smart about this."

He added: "In my opinion, one of the problems here is that the school is underestimating Maurice as a person. What happens with a lot of African-American athletes is that they don't get enough credit for being intelligent. Maurice is a very bright young man, and if he knows something is wrong, or if he is not being treated with respect, he's not just going to roll over."

Clarett's situation took another turn this week when Andy Geiger, the Ohio State athletic director, said it was unlikely that Clarett would play again for the Buckeyes in the foreseeable future. This came as Coach Jim Tressel changed his mind abruptly and barred Clarett from practicing with the team until all of his eligibility issues were resolved.

Attempts to reach Ohio State officials were unsuccessful.

On Tuesday, Geiger told reporters that his assessment of whether Clarett would play again resulted from Clarett's not being forthcoming with Ohio State and N.C.A.A. investigators. Ohio State and the N.C.A.A. have been looking into Clarett's July claim that more than $10,000 in cash and merchandise of his were stolen from a borrowed sport utility vehicle. Clarett later admitted that he had lied about the value of the items.

Geiger said Clarett had violated several N.C.A.A. rules, one dealing with receiving extra benefits and another, perhaps more important, requiring ethical behavior by athletes.

"We put great stock, as does the N.C.A.A., in forthrightness and straightforward answers to questions bathed in truth," Geiger said. "We have yet to get there, which is distressing." Geiger added that if Clarett had told the truth from the beginning, "This might have been over in July."

Early on in both investigations, Ohio State officials said Clarett would face little or no punishment, then said he might be suspended only one game. The university later announced a suspension for an unspecified number of games. At one point, Ohio State was admonishing reporters for calling it a suspension.

"They have been all over the place," Brown said.

Ohio State maintains that is because Clarett has not always told the truth.

The Plain Dealer of Cleveland reported yesterday that part of Tressel's decision to banish Clarett from the field was due to three missteps Clarett made before Ohio State's opener against Washington.

On game day, The Plain Dealer reported, Clarett drove his own vehicle to the game; Tressel asks all players to ride the team bus. Also, Clarett wanted to wear his game jersey on the field and argued with Ohio State staff members when he was told he could not, the newspaper said.

And despite being asked to keep a low profile, The Plain Dealer reported, Clarett signed autographs and did a national television interview on game day.

Earlier this summer Clarett got in touch with Brown, who has been involved in Clarett's discussions with Ohio State since then. Brown has spent years providing guidance to young black men, some of them gang members, and has helped many turn troubled lives around.

Brown's harshest criticism of Ohio State is that he believes it is focusing on Clarett as a way to remove attention from other problems in the football program.

"I believe by putting the spotlight on Maurice, they are taking it away from Ohio State," Brown said. "They are making Maurice a scapegoat. They are treating him like he is the biggest criminal in the world."

Re: Clarett Unlikely to Play Again for Ohio State

Originally posted by Jam Piper Jam
Brown's harshest criticism of Ohio State is that he believes it is focusing on Clarett as a way to remove attention from other problems in the football program.

"I believe by putting the spotlight on Maurice, they are taking it away from Ohio State," Brown said. "They are making Maurice a scapegoat. They are treating him like he is the biggest criminal in the world."

EXACTLY.......and I hope he dose leave.

Why was "going to class" less than life and death when they found out about the players ..... white players that were taking classes like Golf and Grass Structure to keep their playing status. One of them was the tight end, I can't remember his name. He had to take make up exams because he was not going to these "classes".:retard:

But, because Clarett say's on camera what everybody else say's on board's like this, (Coaches, Presidents, getting rich off their backs), he is the biggest THUG in the NCAA ............... BS.

Re: Re: Clarett Unlikely to Play Again for Ohio State

Originally posted by jstate83
EXACTLY.......and I hope he dose leave.

Why was "going to class" less than life and death when they found out about the players ..... white players that were taking classes like Golf and Grass Structure to keep their playing status. One of them was the tight end, I can't remember his name. He had to take make up exams because he was not going to these "classes".:retard:

But, because Clarett say's on camera what everybody else say's on board's like this, (Coaches, Presidents, getting rich off their backs), he is the biggest THUG in the NCAA ............... BS.

I cosign. Even though Clarett should have exercise more common sense on the things he did. The AD is trying to make sure that OSU don't get caught up. Both parties have issues. I wish Clarett luck. We all know OSU will be ok. What a mess. He does have to shoulder some responsibility for his actions. One thing he shouldn't do is listen to that old fool Jim Brown. He'll have Clarett beating women and throwing them out of windows. :(

Re: Re: Re: Clarett Unlikely to Play Again for Ohio State

Originally posted by JR
I cosign. Even though Clarett should have exercise more common sense on the things he did. The AD is trying to make sure that OSU don't get caught up. Both parties have issues. I wish Clarett luck. We all know OSU will be ok. What a mess. He does have to shoulder some responsibility for his actions. One thing he shouldn't do is listen to that old fool Jim Brown. He'll have Clarett beating women and throwing them out of windows. :(

JR,
you 'bout a fool!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Re: Re: Clarett Unlikely to Play Again for Ohio State

Originally posted by JR
One thing he shouldn't do is listen to that old fool Jim Brown. He'll have Clarett beating women and throwing them out of windows. :(

LOL at JR.

But I have to disagree with you. My pops told me a story about the man who lost one of his lug nuts while changing a flat tire near the gates of an insane asylum. The man was yelling, "I lost my lug nut and now I can't drive home." One of the crazy inmates yelled at him "Put the other four lugs on the thing and go home: you can drive a car with four lug nuts on the tire."

Morrow of the story; You can learn something from a "fool", you have to know when to listen and when not to listen.

Regards.

I will ask my relatives in Ohio about this.

I wonder what did the school learn from the Andy Katzemoyer incident. (I guess nothing.) Here was an all-American linebacker as a freshman. But he was all-nothing as a student. Forget about being second or third, schoolwork was never important to him. He went to the Patriots and was basically a roll player. I think he was in N.E. for about three years. But as I check the player listing, I see that he is out of football. Anyway, if Ohio State did not learn anything from this, then maybe some of this serves them right. I am not saying that what Clarett is doing is right. But maybe some folks at OSU should look themselves in the mirror.

Back