Leading Dem Presidential Candidate.

The Democrats are wasting their time. It would be best to stregthen theor efforts for the 2008 elections; when Hillary Clinton for President.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
The Democrats are wasting their time. It would be best to stregthen theor efforts for the 2008 elections; when Hillary Clinton for President.

Well if indeed we are made to suffer through another Bushy term, can only pray that there is a United States left in 2008! :eek2:

GOD HELP AMERICA.....PLEASE!!:bawling:

it's not looking good.

It's just not looking good. Whatever happened to that light-skinned dude from Tennessee? hell i can't even remember the guy's name. He seemed to be promising. :confused:

Re: it's not looking good.

Originally posted by Bartram
It's just not looking good. Whatever happened to that light-skinned dude from Tennessee? hell i can't even remember the guy's name. He seemed to be promising. :confused:

His name is Harold Ford, he is around 36, 37, or 38. My thoyght and hope that the former Commander of The Supreme Allied Forces, his name eludes me at the present, throws his hat in the Dem. Race. He gas been very verbal about the Iraq question and have a middle of the road stance on affirmative action, he supports it. He also stated on ?Meet The Press" his thoughts on the economy, he is in the Clinton mode on the economy. That is the only Dem. I see myself voting for right now.

Dean is waaaay to libreal for me. His stance of reconizing gay marriages did it for me. This stance is going to cause the reas of the dem. candiates to move too far to the left. This move from the center will give G.W. a landslide victory in Nov. '04!!!:(

Re: it's not looking good.

It's just not looking good.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN SAVE US? Someone should have taken a stand against Bush when they had a chance. We need a champion of the people and the dems just don't have what it takes to go "toe to toe" with the incumbent.

Sad,...but, true I think we might have to deal with this Bush for another term. I tell you I have never been seen things so bad in all my life.

Re: Re: it's not looking good.

Originally posted by SwarmingHornet
His name is Harold Ford, he is around 36, 37, or 38. My thoyght and hope that the former Commander of The Supreme Allied Forces, his name eludes me at the present, throws his hat in the Dem. Race. That is the only Dem. I see myself voting for right now.

Dean is waaaay to libreal for me. His stance of reconizing gay marriages did it for me. This stance is going to cause the reas of the dem. candiates to move too far to the left. This move from the center will give G.W. a landslide victory in Nov. '04!!!:(

Interesting. Good point on your choice. Not to get off on another thread about the gay thing, but that's over the top.

There should be no recognition of gay "marriage", i'm sorry. Give them the same status legally for spousal benefits and what not, no problem with that, but no recognition of marriage on the same level as a male and female married couple, i mean, give me a freaking break. :rolleyes:

Marriage is a legal contract

John Kerry may be the Dems best chance. He is finally taking on W on the Iraqi issue. He has plenty of money (wife, Heinz family fortune), Decorated and wounded Vietnam veteran. W is beatable, it will probably end up close to the election of 2000. The country is still split 50/50. Saw a poll today of Bush vs any Democrat. The results were 50% to 39%. Gen Wesley Clark is probably positioning himself for the Vice president role and for future election

Re: Marriage is a legal contract

Originally posted by J C
John Kerry may be the Dems best chance. He is finally taking on W on the Iraqi issue. He has plenty of money (wife, Heinz family fortune), Decorated and wounded Vietnam veteran. W is beatable, it will probably end up close to the election of 2000. The country is still split 50/50. Saw a poll today of Bush vs any Democrat. The results were 50% to 39%. Gen Wesley Clark is probably positioning himself for the Vice president role and for future election

It seems that former governor from Vermont has always had a definite opinion on the Iraqi issue. Seems like he should be better than Kerry if that is the litmus test. He's the only one that was blasting Bush when it was not fashionable.

Marriage:
yeah, but you know what marriage means/is(should be); you know the meaning behind marriage, but ok, let me ask. why is gay unions and hetero unions being pushed towards moral equivalency and being given the same designation? That's a bit much. There has to be a distinction, but again, as I say, I don't want to get :topic:

Re: Marriage is a legal contract

Originally posted by J C
Gen Wesley Clark is probably positioning himself for the Vice president role and for future election

Thanks J C. Gen. Clark I belive is the Dem's best hope to beat "W". He is a military man and that puts him at ease with a lot of concertatives. He supports Affirmative Actions and that puts him at ease with a lot of liberals.

I am telling you if the Dem's keep pushing this gay marriage thing, The Rep's will have a landslide victory in Nov. '04. Alal you have to do is remember 1984 when they let the ulta left push them to nominate Geraldine F. for vice pres. Regan swept 49 out of 50 states. To push this issue will be their downfall. Rememeber the polls were split 50/50 in 1984 on the woman vice pres. thing and look what happened.

Re: Re: Re: it's not looking good.

There should be no recognition of gay "marriage", i'm sorry. Give them the same status legally for spousal benefits and what not, no problem with that, but no recognition of marriage on the same level as a male and female married couple, i mean, give me a freaking break. :rolleyes:
now how can you give them the same status legally for spousal benefits if you don't recognize their marriages? I was just wondering.:confused:

Originally posted by Butch Wms.
I agree with JC about John Kerry but I would also add Bill Frist.I think that's his name.

Bill Frist is a Republican. He's either the Speaker of the House or the Senate Majority leader. Pardon my ignorance to that, but I know he's a Republican from Tennessee.....

I think Kerry is doing the right thing (bashing Bush) to win the nomination, but I think he'll have to change his tune if he's gonna beat GWB......

Originally posted by Butch Wms.
I agree with JC about John Kerry but I would also add Bill Frist.I think that's his name.

Frist replaced Trent Lott as the Speaker of the House, the number 3 post in our government.:idea:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
John Kerry will win the nomination, but Rev Al Sharpton will put issue out there that people are scare of.

Originally posted by JSU*Toi
John Kerry will win the nomination, but Rev Al Sharpton will put issue out there that people are scare of.

Rev Al, is the best candidate because he is the most truthful. All other candidates are not concerned about the welfare of the people. They keep telling us that things are ok, but Americans are losing jobs by the thousands. Credit card debt is up, folks losing houses, the standard of living is down for white American and the supreme court is worried about AA and gay rights.

CANDIDATE PAGES

Ambassador Carol Moseley Braun: http://www.carolforpresident.com

Governor Howard Dean:
http://www.deanforamerica.com

Senator John Edwards:
http://www.JohnEdwards2004.com

Congressman Dick Gephardt:
http://www.dickgephardt2004.com

Senator Bob Graham:
https://www.grahamforpresident.com

Senator John Kerry:
https://secure.johnkerry.com

Congressman Dennis Kucinich:
https://www.kucinich.us/

Senator Joe Lieberman:
https://secure2.convio.net/lfp/site/

Reverend Al Sharpton: http://www.al2004.org

MOVEON CANDIDATE PAGES
(These pages include letters from the candidates to the MoveOn membership as well as responses to questions asked by MoveOn members.)

Ambassador Carol Moseley Braun: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/braun.html

Governor Howard Dean: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/dean.html

Senator John Edwards: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/edwards.html

Congressman Dick Gephardt: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/gephardt.html

Senator Bob Graham: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/graham.html

Senator John Kerry: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/kerry.html

Congressman Dennis Kucinich: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/kucinich.html

Senator Joe Lieberman: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/lieberman.html

Reverend Al Sharpton: www.moveon.org/pac/cands/sharpton.html

All of the Congressional dems who are running for president with the exception of Dennis Kuncinich and Bob Graham voted for the war resolution. With the situation in Iraq being doubtful, especially whether the administration was truthful, they will constantly have to answer the questions about the war. In other words when Congress had their chance to do their constitutional duty, they did not. People are asking a lot of questions.

When it was not "popular" to challenge Bush on foriegn policy, many dems in Congress did not. Gephart leadership in the house is being stated as week. Lieberman seems to have sort of a republican lite agenda. In other words democratic voters are tired of their candidates and politicians acting like republicans.

However, I think that Kerry will be able to come ahead of this group. (He did vote for the resolution.) But many are listening to Dean and Graham. As for rumors of Joe Biden running, I think it is a joke. When he had a chance to say something on Iraq last fall, he said little. BTW I think that Wesley Clark will make a strong candidate. Unlike many dems in Congress he has expressed doubts about this administration's foriegn policy.

My guess is that Kerry, Graham, and Dean will be the front runners. But I agree with MD. Sharpton will make a huge impact.

This is just a little bit of my $0.02.

??????!!!

:lmao:

I sure hope not. I hope we are not this far gone.

:lmao:

It would not surprise me if Sharpton did. In 1983 people were laughing at Jackson. Despite not winning the nomination in 1984 or '88, people had to take him seriously. Actually, I wished he ran as an independent in 1988.

Anyway, if the Gephart or Lieberman are the front runners, some will hope that Sharpton makes an impact so the dems will not forget that they are democrats.

Originally posted by EB
It would not surprise me if Sharpton did. In 1983 people were laughing at Jackson. Despite not winning the nomination in 1984 or '88, people had to take him seriously. Actually, I wished he ran as an independent in 1988.

Anyway, if the Gephart or Lieberman are the front runners, some will hope that Sharpton makes an impact so the dems will not forget that they are democrats.

Yeah,,, and George Wallace made a huge impact also. And David Duke, Bob Barr, G Gordon Liddy would all make impacts, but they are too radical in their viewpoints to represent a majority of people in this country. I put Sharpton and Carol in the same lott. (let me qualify that; I put Sharpton and Carol in the same lot as Bob Barr, G Gordon Liddy and other right wing extremists. they are left wing extremists.) They are good for aggitating within the system, playing devil's advocate everytime conservatives propose something, etc, but not for leading the country. That guy from Tennessee, yes an Andrew Young back in the day, yes, that first black governor of Virginia, yes. These two, no way.

Here is an interesting article on Howard Dean and Joe Lieberman. Below that article there is an interesting column on Lieberman.

B, many people will call Sharpton a left winger. Much fewer people will do the same to Carol Mosely Braun.

-----

Terry M. Neal: Talking Points
Lieberman Paddles Against Dean Flow
Democratic Rivals Revise Strategy in Expectations Game

By Terry M. Neal
washingtonpost.com Staff Writer
Wednesday, July 2, 2003; 11:55 AM

At 10:30 Monday night, I received an urgent message from Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-Conn.) to contribute money to his presidential campaign before the midnight reporting deadline for the second quarter.

Clearly, Dean has tapped into a segment of the population that feels ignored by the media and powerless in a country politically dominated by Republicans in Washington. They feel that the party's leaders--including the leading presidential candidates from Congress--have been too accommodating toward Bush and seemingly oblivious that despite the GOP's slight electoral edge, this is still a country divided almost evenly between the parties.

-------

Why Joe Lieberman and the strategy of running and winning as Bush Lite don't have a prayer

By David Lytel

Lieberman's pitch is that the blurring of distinctions between our party and the party in power is the best way to capture the presidency. While that once may have seemed plausible, a majority of party activists do not believe this shibboleth from the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) any longer. There is not a dime's worth of difference between Lieberman and Bush on America's role in the world community, or how to manage the economy or many of the other issues upon which the 2004 election will hinge. Bush got the election close enough to steal by essentially running on our issues, with a lot of empty talk about leaving no child behind and the reform of public education that were quickly discarded once he took office, and promises to not be poisonly partisan that are the precise opposite of the actions he's taken. Maybe a President Lieberman would be a notch less bellicose and belligerent than Bush, but Lieberman can not and does not make a case that he would lead the country in an entirely different direction.

Yeah,,, and George Wallace made a huge impact also. And David Duke, Bob Barr, G Gordon Liddy would all make impacts, but they are too radical in their viewpoints to represent a majority of people in this country. I put Sharpton and Carol in the same lott. (let me qualify that; I put Sharpton and Carol in the same lot as Bob Barr, G Gordon Liddy and other right wing extremists. they are left wing extremists.) They are good for aggitating within the system, playing devil's advocate everytime conservatives propose something, etc, but not for leading the country. That guy from Tennessee, yes an Andrew Young back in the day, yes, that first black governor of Virginia, yes. These two, no way.

Have you looked at what Sharpton is saying? Have you researched his campaign? Have you even been to his website? Please say yes!!! If not ... :rolleyes:

Back