LC Cole guarantees Hornets will return to SCG next season.

Media Guy

LC Cole launched a scud missile at the SWAC East Division at today's postgame press conference. He guaranteed that ASU will return to the SCG next season. Cole also said that ASU's secondary will be addressed for next season.

The Hornets will have to find a qb to fill Kennedy's shoes next season.

Originally posted by Media Guy
The Hornets will have to find a qb to fill Kennedy's shoes next season.

I was about to say the same thing!! Who is going to replace the SWAC's player of the year?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
From what I know....

Bama State has two great Red-shirt QBs in the shadows. I can't remember their names, but I remember saying DAYUM when I saw the recruitment list last year.

I'll be a Hornet then!Training and busting my arse now since my high school career is over in the wieght room and running everyday.

Getting ready for some COLEblooded Football.

Re: From what I know....

Originally posted by Mike
Bama State has two great Red-shirt QBs in the shadows. I can't remember their names, but I remember saying DAYUM when I saw the recruitment list last year.

As long as it ain't Kennedy, I don't care. New QB's will bring the blues. They almost always do. Not because they aren't good, but because they are unsure and untested. Happened with Kent two years ago. McNair was the last freshman QB to hit the ground running, but he didn't start the season as a starter.

To Darnell Kennedy, I bid a fond farewell. Dude was simply the best QB in the SWAC. I ain't gonna miss him.

Bye bye Darnell.:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

First of all, I am glad to say that I am happy that LC has a contract. He is a winner and we are glad to have him in the SWAC. I just hope he does not get caught cheating.

I think that the important thing to their future success is that they seem to have done the things to keep their staff intact. Once that breaks down, you are looking at another SU.

Kennedy will be hard to replace but they run a very tricky offensive system and as long as the QB learns the plays, I think they will find ways to put points on the board. They have also established a balanced system.

Also, is LC the defensive coordinator?? He sure acted like he was last night on TV ...(and did you all hear him use the F word...LOL) He still needs some defense. He always has a good offense and SPECIAL TEAMS but his defense always sucks. Last year he said he would focus on defense and they still came up short.

Losing 11 starters is not bad for this team because LC has recruited well in the last two years.

I personally think LC is writing a check that his arse might not be able to cash though because I think the EAST is going to run the SWAC next year and I am still wondering when SU will rise again. LC will play Alcorn early next year on the Reservation and Alcorn returns 17 starters. Also, all of you already know to never count JSU out.

BTW,

I agree with Robber on Kennedy.

People I was happy to see graduate:

1. Steve McNair
2. Darnell Kennedy

That's big talk from Cole... We all saw how the Hornets did without DK this year. I think alcorn and JSU will improve. Valley and 0-10 can help but to improve.

As long as JSU keeps the same coaching staff, then its gonna be hard to bet against Cole and the Hornets.

TigerPride: "I am still wondering when SU will rise again"

When will JSU rise again? But for injuries to so many key players throughout the season, SU would be leaving Birmingham with the SWAC Championship trophy in hand.

I actually can see ASU making it back next year. This program has taken over as the team to beat in the EAST. JSU should put up a good fight next year but ASU's programs is tops in the EAST right now. ASU's overall coaching staff seems to be head & shoulders over the other EAST teams.

Originally posted by Jag Voice
I actually can see ASU making it back next year. This program has taken over as the team to beat in the EAST. JSU should put up a good fight next year but ASU's programs is tops in the EAST right now. ASU's overall coaching staff seems to be head & shoulders over the other EAST teams.

I wouldn't go that far. While they do have a good coaching staff, remember that this team lost to Alcorn, beat JSU by 3 despite a plus 5 turnover margin, and lost to Southern. Plus they're only one year removed from 6-5 and a couple of years removed from 2-9. It takes more than 1 good year and 1 mediocre year to claim superiority in any division. Right now the East is wide-open(untill JSU gets a decent coaching staff).

Originally posted by Kool-Aid2K1

I wouldn't go that far. While they do have a good coaching staff, remember that this team lost to Alcorn, beat JSU by 3 despite a plus 5 turnover margin, and lost to Southern. Plus they're only one year removed from 6-5 and a couple of years removed from 2-9. It takes more than 1 good year and 1 mediocre year to claim superiority in any division. Right now the East is wide-open(untill JSU gets a decent coaching staff).

ASU has the best coaching staff (period). The lost to Alcorn was the first game of the season without Kennedy. Alcorn only won by three points. Chrensaw and B.J Tiger were QB's at that time and didn't understand the system. It was obvious and mistakes were made including an interception thrown by Chrenshaw that helped in the Braves win. Plus, the "HOBO Offense" handed GSU their only lost and nearly handed them their second lost to Bama State. (24-9) in the first half and (20-9) in the first half against Tuskegee. Fumbles cost us the wins against those two schools. (The coaching is there at Bama State). With only two days of practice by Kennedy, Southern was very lucky to get out of Mobile with a win. Kennedy was only used sparingly in that game.

Originally posted by HORNETSWARM

ASU has the best coaching staff (period). The lost to Alcorn was the first game of the season without Kennedy. Alcorn only won by three points. Chrensaw and B.J Tiger were QB's at that time and didn't understand the system. It was obvious and mistakes were made including an interception thrown by Chrenshaw that helped in the Braves win. Plus, the "HOBO Offense" handed GSU their only lost and nearly handed them their second lost to Bama State. (24-9) in the first half and (20-9) in the first half against Tuskegee. Fumbles cost us the wins against those two schools. (The coaching is there at Bama State). With only two days of practice by Kennedy, Southern was very lucky to get out of Mobile with a win. Kennedy was only used sparingly in that game.

Precisely, stated. You all lost without Kennedy and now he is leaving. So, what do that tell you???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Who will be your starting QB now? Chrenshaw or BJ? Well, all I have to say is:

MVSU say hello to your new neighbor in the SWAC EAST.:(

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You also have to realize that BAMA Jelly had a cream-puff schedule this year. They have promised better in 2002. We shall see.

However, if JSU retains our staff, I agree that it will be hard to beat ASU is they can find a QB to run the offense. ASU is not a big dog by any means. LC is 14-9 in two years with the best QB in the SWAC. I ain't impressed.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
You also have to realize that BAMA Jelly had a cream-puff schedule this year. They have promised better in 2002. We shall see.

However, if JSU retains our staff, I agree that it will be hard to beat ASU is they can find a QB to run the offense. ASU is not a big dog by any means. LC is 14-9 in two years with the best QB in the SWAC. I ain't impressed.

We stung y'all arses the past two years:rolleyes:

Even before the season started, the talk was that next year's Hornet team would be better than this one. Of course replacing Kennedy won't be easy, but the QB on next year's team, won't have to do as much as Kennedy has, because the team will be more complete. The recruiting classes that LC has had will start to pay some real dividends next year and I have no doubt, he'll sign some more this year. You can rest assured that the 1A transfers will continue to come to Montgomery. Get used to it, ASU is for real.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
Even before the season started, the talk was that next year's Hornet team would be better than this one. Of course replacing Kennedy won't be easy, but the QB on next year's team, won't have to do as much as Kennedy has, because the team will be more complete.The recruiting classes that LC has had will start to pay some real dividends next year and I have no doubt, he'll sign some more this year. You can rest assured that the 1A transfers will continue to come to Montgomery. Get used to it, ASU is for real.

EXACTLY!! ;)

Hey Slick,

Welcome back...thought you were still looking for the party! It was moved at the last minute...:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Hey Slick,

Welcome back...thought you were still looking for the party! It was moved at the last minute...:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Mr. Bigg. I think he was still out there looking for it with mighty HOnuts. :rolleyes:

You son-of-va...

Ay Mike... yall got me on that!! ;)

BUT YOU SAW WHAT I WAS TALKED 'BOUT THOUGH!!!!

Those fumble calls by the rep!!! :mad:
Even Doug was caught saying it was a fumble (at the beginning of the 2nd Half!!!)

?My halftime speech didn?t work,? Williams said. ?I told them we were going to get the kickoff, go down and score and then go for two and tie the game. Fumbling the kickoff wasn?t part of it.?

BUT what happened!!! The darn Refs called the ball DEAD!!!
and later Kennedy was down- the ball rolled from his hand... and it's a FUMBLE??!! :mad:

WHATEVA!!!

You seen it though, right!!

Aiight then...

Congrats, now eat your darn celebration sausage!! :mad:

:D

Re: You son-of-va...

Originally posted by SlickPartna
Those fumble calls by the rep!!! :mad:
Even Doug was caught saying it was a fumble (at the beginning of the 2nd Half!!!)

?My halftime speech didn?t work,? Williams said. ?I told them we were going to get the kickoff, go down and score and then go for two and tie the game. Fumbling the kickoff wasn?t part of it.?

Ummm slick. I think you are mixing up 2 separate calls. The fumble doug was talking about was the opening kickoff of the 2nd quater. You recovered that fumble, scored, and went up 24-7.

The following kickoff is when they ruled shanklin down........

Back