Krispy Kreme whole wheat doughnut

silentrage

Delta Girl
For all of you Krispy Kreme addicts, they are now selling a whole wheat doughnut that is 180 calories. Enjoy!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/26/AR2007022601203.html

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Feb. 26 -- Krispy Kreme, the company known for its glazed doughnuts, its chocolate iced glazed doughnuts and its glazed "kreme"-filled doughnuts, on Monday introduced a whole wheat doughnut.

In case anyone is wondering, it is glazed. And it has a caramel flavoring. The company called the new doughnut an alternative for health-conscious consumers, with 180 calories. The original glazed has 200 calories, according to the company's Web site, and the glazed cream-filled weighs in at 340.

It's only 20 calories less and no point difference on WW. :scared: To really be low cal/low points it would have to be sugar free, with sugar free glaze. Hell, no thanks, I would just as soon eat the regular one Dr. Ernie Boo.

Very true! If one is going to have a doughnut, may as well go for all of the glory. :nod:

But you know some folks are going to only what the whole wheat doughnut because it is "whole wheat."

Nice try Krispy Kreme....

I may try them if I want a treat or something after a while, but if I'm going to Krispy Kreme, I'm gonna get the "one and only" lol

I have not had a doughnut or a beer in 3 years. This is just a ploy to get more doughnuts sold. I'm with you guys, if I'm going to Krispy Kreme I'm getting a dozen of those joints!!!

Sweet, I have given up alcohol too. I am working on a few things that can not entail the use of alcohol.

I just drove into Krispy Kreme and got one of these doughnuts... it was aight. It tasted like a breakfast something-or-other... nothing tops the good ole Krispy Kreme!

:vomit: Sounds and probably tastes as worse as the regular one. No thanks.

Shipley's regular glazed send help. :D

Back