Kanye West

So I guess SOURCE Magazine giving Through the Wire Lyrics of the Year was all a fluke, huh?

Having tight lyrics and being able to rap are two different things, thats why ghostwriters exist. But if you like that garbled, whining sound that comes out of Kanye's mouth then more power to you. Bang College Dropout till your eardrums pop. You can have my copy, cuz it's just collecting dust.

Originally posted by Mr. Matriculation
Having tight lyrics and being able to rap are two different things, thats why ghostwriters exist. But if you like that garbled, whining sound that comes out of Kanye's mouth then more power to you. Bang College Dropout till your eardrums pop. You can have my copy, cuz it's just collecting dust.

I don't need two. I take it you have "The Message" on twelve inch or "It Takes a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back", "Strictly Business", and "Three Feet High and Rising" on album as well. I'm just going to assume that you have "Ressurection".

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by northern tiger
The Source isn't a true measuring stick either.

My point exactly! It's all subjective. It's all one's own opinion and personal taste. But this guy had the nerve to say I'm not a true hip hop fan because I don't like Kanye's disc! :smh::smh::smh:

I guess people who don't Kobe Bryant aren't true basketball fans either then huh?

(Mighty Hornet :p send help!!!)

Kill the noise....

KANYE' IS HIP-HOP!
Welcome home Hip-hop.... it's been awhile since I've heard you so strong --- steady growth and represent the life... cuff the naysayers!

be Easy.

I dont think his jaw has anything to do with his lyricism or his delivery. The album is decent at best...hell a bunch of samples is all it is. Take a bunch of songs that have already been proven sellers...well...doesnt take a rocket scientist. Twista's album is better than his anyway. And he gets a big thumbs down from me for using Lenny Williams song as a remake.

Originally posted by SlickPartna
Kill the noise....

KANYE' IS HIP-HOP!

Oh well.... that's your opinion. My opinion is that Kanye's joint is garbage. We could debate our opinions til the day we day to no avail, because they are opinions.

How long have some of you been listening to hip-hop???

I am not going to argue whether or not West is a good producer because that is up to the individual listener. However, I am tired of hearing this "obvious sample" argument. You people act like Kanye West is the first producer to ever sample so-called "proven hits" on an album. Hell, some of the biggest records in hip-hop had "obvious" samples on them and some of the biggest producers have used "obvious" samples.

You may now return to the previous argument:D

Originally posted by BILBREW
How long have some of you been listening to hip-hop???

I am not going to argue whether or not West is a good producer because that is up to the individual listener. However, I am tired of hearing this "obvious sample" argument. You people act like Kanye West is the first producer to ever sample so-called "proven hits" on an album. Hell, some of the biggest records in hip-hop had "obvious" samples on them and some of the biggest producers have used "obvious" samples.

You may now return to the previous argument:D

Originally posted by northern tiger

So true, for you "CRUNK" people, "I ain't never scared" was sampled from Bootsy Collins "I would rather be with you. Some people consider themselves to be hip-hop and don't have a clue about the culture.

How did I miss this thread?

Originally posted by geezy76
OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE NOT A TRUE HIP HOP FAN.

Who's to decide what "true hip-hop" really is? There are four elements to hip-hop: MC'ing, DJ'ing, Breakdancing and Grafiti- anything comprising these elements is of the hip-hop culture. With that being said, Kanye is no more a representative of true hip-hop than, say, a Master P!

All of this "true hip-hop" stuff never came into play until NWA, Ice-T, Hammer and other West Coast rappers started getting into the mainstream and New York rappers were put on the backburner. That's when Q-Tip, KRS-One and others started saying, "That's not true hip-hop" and "They're not representing hip-hop the right way"............anything to belittle what the West Coast was doing to take their shine.

Re: How did I miss this thread?

Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
Who's to decide what "true hip-hop" really is? There are four elements to hip-hop: MC'ing, DJ'ing, Breakdancing and Grafiti- anything comprising these elements is of the hip-hop culture. With that being said, Kanye is no more a representative of true hip-hop than, say, a Master P!

All of this "true hip-hop" stuff never came into play until NWA, Ice-T, Hammer and other West Coast rappers started getting into the mainstream and New York rappers were put on the backburner. That's when Q-Tip, KRS-One and others started saying, "That's not true hip-hop" and "They're not representing hip-hop the right way"............anything to belittle what the West Coast was doing to take their shine.

Obviously you're not a true hip hop fan either. :lol:

Back