Just imagine if...

the band fan said:
Jazz Williams wasn't a high school starter......don't put too much expectations on him...
Neither was Cippriano.Cip was 3rd team at St. Anthonys. But we were reffering to Chris Davis:shh: .

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
I really wish our black community was like it was when I was growing up and sent all of their kids to black schools. Just imagine Semoine and Chaney playing for our girls or Big Baby, Tyrus Thomas(almost came to SU, LSU wasn't recruiting him until the very end, and Tasmine Mitchell playing for SU. The Mini Dome would be sold out every night. I hope Coach Spivery is sucessfull in recruiting the BR area. Also the shooting guard for Houston that dropped 35 on LSU is from Capital.
Please, you can hang it up...it's too many of us w/that slave mentality, now-a-days. We think the big PWC's are much better than our beloved HBCU's. A lot of black parents push their kids to attend PWC's vs HBCU's. I know first hand...I've seen/heard it waaaaaaaaaay too often, w/mine own eyes/ears.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Cip is 6-8 also......you can take a chance on that and St. Anthony's ain't FB Marshall...but in Spivery's system guards don't matter anyway...I can't recall a Spivery guard who has tore the world up.

the band fan said:
Cip is 6-8 also......you can take a chance on that and St. Anthony's ain't FB Marshall...but in Spivery's system guards don't matter anyway...I can't recall a Spivery guard who has tore the world up.
Cip is 6'9. Jerrid is 6'8. I think Spivery gonna go after that 6'8 SU Lab center. He is a beast. :nod:

East Tex Tiger said:
Emeka Okafor, Gerald Green, Montae Ellis just to name a few, if they would have followed their dads, they would have been at Texas Southern.

Also Damon Jones, though he is a little older.

the band fan said:
he didn't tear the world up either....he had some post guys...I mean a Steve Rogers-type guard
no, but Campbell was clearly the heart and soul of that team.

as for not having a Steve Rogers-type guard, it's not like one of those will come along every year.

(and Rogers and Jackson may be grooming one now in Hayles)

major095 said:
what about milsaps little brother. he's a senior at gram lab this year isn't he? 6'6 forward. is anyone recruiting him? some swac school should be trying to snap him up.

my fault. elijah millsaps is only a soph. 6'5. averaging 25 ppg and 14 rbs. like I said. the swac schools need to be on him now if they ever hope to have a shot.

6'9" Sr. Claude Britten is the big man for southern lab.

major095 said:
my fault. elijah millsaps is only a soph. 6'5. averaging 25 ppg and 14 rbs. like I said. the swac schools need to be on him now if they ever hope to have a shot.

You were right the first time. He is a senior. Grambling high also has 6'8 center as well.

major095 said:

I talk to CB all the time and he's a jr...6'9''is right..But he needs to lose a little weight...Lab only has 1 sr.that plays...

GSlimU_721 said:
You were right the first time. He is a senior. Grambling high also has 6'8 center as well.
that must be Devin White who transfered from Mc 35 in New Orleans. You think by any chance Gram gonna get him?

That's him... It might be a chance. Most of the N.O. folks our way have really appreciated how Grambling has taken them in so you never know.

Back