Just imagine if...

the band fan

Baseball Fan
Paul Millsaps played at Grambling with Brion Rush...I see where he's making a living cleaning the glass at Tech and their drawing average crowds..

same with SU...when they had those great Lab School teams of the 90s..imagine if one or two of their stars played at Southern?

I remember Nick Anderson at Texas A&M ride the bench...he would've been a better player in the SWAC

also...I saw this kid named Issac Wells who plays at Arkansas State who is from Jackson. The man is a monster and has good post moves and a big body...he is a high major guy who was a prop from what I hear so ASU stole him...

he would wreck shop in the SWAC

the band fan said:
Paul Millsaps played at Grambling with Brion Rush...I see where he's making a living cleaning the glass at Tech and their drawing average crowds..

same with SU...when they had those great Lab School teams of the 90s..imagine if one or two of their stars played at Southern?

I remember Nick Anderson at Texas A&M ride the bench...he would've been a better player in the SWAC

also...I saw this kid named Issac Wells who plays at Arkansas State who is from Jackson. The man is a monster and has good post moves and a big body...he is a high major guy who was a prop from what I hear so ASU stole him...

he would wreck shop in the SWAC
I talk to Nick about coming to SU....BUT ???

there aren't enough basketballs at grambling for anyone but rush. what about milsaps little brother. he's a senior at gram lab this year isn't he? 6'6 forward. is anyone recruiting him? some swac school should be trying to snap him up.

major095 said:
there aren't enough basketballs at grambling for anyone but rush. what about milsaps little brother. he's a senior at gram lab this year isn't he? 6'6 forward. is anyone recruiting him? some swac school should be trying to snap him up.
Rob Spivery gonna recruit some big men for SU. Mainly big men is gonna be the thing SU needs. I think Spivery gonna find alot of big men this year. If SU Lab Center 6'8 is a senior I think he is gonna go get him. Watch he go for alot of big boys after this season. :nod:

Jag-BR said:
Rob Spivery gonna recruit some big men for SU. Mainly big men is gonna be the thing SU needs. I think Spivery gonna find alot of big men this year. If SU Lab Center 6'8 is a senior I think he is gonna go get him. Watch he go for alot of big boys after this season. :nod:

dude...guard play wins in college basketball...Spivery will have to address guards and swingmen for long-term solvency. Good thing the BR area is chock full of 1s 2s and 3s....

Big men shouldn't be a problem for Spivery, since that's what he likes...

:topic: How did that kid from glen oaks end up all the way at USC? Was he on the 34-0 team? I watched him play against az state and he was killin bryson krueger.

I really wish our black community was like it was when I was growing up and sent all of their kids to black schools. Just imagine Semoine and Chaney playing for our girls or Big Baby, Tyrus Thomas(almost came to SU, LSU wasn't recruiting him until the very end, and Tasmine Mitchell playing for SU. The Mini Dome would be sold out every night. I hope Coach Spivery is sucessfull in recruiting the BR area. Also the shooting guard for Houston that dropped 35 on LSU is from Capital.

isn't that Oliver Lafayette the shooting guard from Houston? another guard who would've excelled in the SWAC is 6-4 Matt Barrow at Lamar who was from the Lab School

like someone said, the SWAC is determined by guard play and some semblence of a big man.....if you got a 6-6 kid who can rebound like a machine that's the equivalent of a 6-10 star in this conference....

look at Grambling, they have Rush and Ratliff and if they go off..all the big men for them have to do is rebound and score when necessary

Jackson State has the size but they play like guards....if they could ever put it together it would be interesting...same with AAMU

the band fan said:
isn't that Oliver Lafayette the shooting guard from Houston? another guard who would've excelled in the SWAC is 6-4 Matt Barrow at Lamar who was from the Lab School
I forgot the kids name from Houston but I thought Barrow was coming to SU. Barrow can flat out shoot.

he's a big guard who would've been a big fish in the SWAC...but one thing SU fans got to admit Mike GRant had an eye for talent....he raided the JUCOs and transfer wire for talent and it has come together...unfortunately, he never made a dent in the high school scene...

the band fan said:
he's a big guard who would've been a big fish in the SWAC...but one thing SU fans got to admit Mike GRant had an eye for talent....he raided the JUCOs and transfer wire for talent and it has come together...unfortunately, he never made a dent in the high school scene...
He is responsible for Alexander, Riley-Smith,and Mott only. Cipprano, Campbell were Jobe's players, and Spivery brought in the rest.

the band fan said:
Alexander and Riley-Smith are the Jaguars.....what about Hishaw?
You haven't saw SU play in a while huh. Campbell and Cip should be first team all-swac. Hipshaw was signed by Spivery but I think Grant originally recruited him.

the band fan said:
like someone said, the SWAC is determined by guard play and some semblence of a big man.....if you got a 6-6 kid who can rebound like a machine that's the equivalent of a 6-10 star in this conference....

look at Grambling, they have Rush and Ratliff and if they go off..all the big men for them have to do is rebound and score when necessary

Jackson State has the size but they play like guards....if they could ever put it together it would be interesting...same with AAMU

and these same squads get crushed as soon as they step their pinky toe out of the conference. that's nice that we have a couple of ok guards but that's not enough to win against squads that don't abide here.

green, valley new coach made the observation that the swac is a lot less physical than conference usa. that's what kills us. it's good to have good guards, necessary to say the least but that doesn't make it unnecessary to have size. that's why spivery is suceeding this year. he has more size than anyone in the conference and he knows how to use it.

Emeka Okafor, Gerald Green, Montae Ellis just to name a few, if they would have followed their dads, they would have been at Texas Southern.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
I really wish our black community was like it was when I was growing up and sent all of their kids to black schools. Just imagine Semoine and Chaney playing for our girls or Big Baby, Tyrus Thomas(almost came to SU, LSU wasn't recruiting him until the very end, and Tasmine Mitchell playing for SU. The Mini Dome would be sold out every night. I hope Coach Spivery is sucessfull in recruiting the BR area. Also the shooting guard for Houston that dropped 35 on LSU is from Capital.

I agree. I wish it would revert back that way also. Coming from a "black" high school made it just seem natural to transition into a HBCU. It's a decision I have never regretted. Even if your parents weren't college graudates, all of your teachers/coaches/principals were graduates of HBCUs and that's what they pushed. Is that not happening? Or is it that the students of today what the "plush-ness" our schools don't offer them?

JSTUS said:
I agree. I wish it would revert back that way also. Coming from a "black" high school made it just seem natural to transition into a HBCU. It's a decision I have never regretted. Even if your parents weren't college graudates, all of your teachers/coaches/principals were graduates of HBCUs and that's what they pushed. Is that not happening? Or is it that the students of today what the "plush-ness" our schools don't offer them?
Nowadays it seems like the graduates of HBCU's are pushing kids away from HBCU's.:(

in these athletes case...alot of these AAU coaches went to HBCUs but since they are getting their pocket lined with cash they are quick to turn their backs.....

ravel74 said:
:topic: How did that kid from glen oaks end up all the way at USC? Was he on the 34-0 team? I watched him play against az state and he was killin bryson krueger.

All I know is USC and UL LAFF. was the only school really after him...i really belive southern could of had a great chance at getting him simply bcuz him and his people are die hard su fans

Su'sdrummerboi said:
All I know is USC and UL LAFF. was the only school really after him...i really belive southern could of had a great chance at getting him simply bcuz him and his people are die hard su fans
Man don't tell me that.:(
All of those great athletes we named from BR were SU fans coming up. You see all of them at SU football games home or away.

He!! SU has guards who will be back in. He have Jazz Williams, and he have that Guard who transfered from ULL. :eek: They both red shirted. :nod: + more.

Jag-BR said:
He!! SU has guards who will be back in. He have Jazz Williams, and he have that Guard who transfered from ULL. :eek: They both red shirted. :nod: + more.
I already know about Chris Davis from Istromua(Baton Rouge).

Back