Just A Thought...

BluBlood

"Mississippi Woman"
You will probably cuss me out or whateva. In reading posts all over concerning Aaliyah. Just thinking...if she wasn't so young and so beautiful and talented, as described, would everyone be in awe? Would everyone react the same for Missy, Whitney, Macy, etc? Just a thought!

While I will not even attempt answering for anyone else...

a life lost is a life lost...and that in and of itself is a tragedy.

Originally posted by BluBlood
You will probably cuss me out or whateva. In reading posts all over concerning Aaliyah. Just thinking...if she wasn't so young and so beautiful and talented, as described, would everyone be in awe? Would everyone react the same for Missy, Whitney, Macy, etc? Just a thought!

I think so! We generally don't think about how our live's can end so abruptly, and when faced with tragedies such as this, we tend to share a common sadness especially when the victim is so young.

I ain't gonna lie, if Missy died I would think about it for a hot second and that would be it..

The main reason why people are so shocked is that she was all of the above that you mentioned..

I dont think so. Part of it was her age. Part of it was how unexpectedly this happened. With 2Pac and Biggie, People were sad, but you cant say you didnt see it coming.

Everyone liked aaliyah and I think had it been Beyonce or somebody else, things would have been different.

Interesting question...

Hey Blu:

Did you feel the same when you posted a whole thread prayer about them finding Chandra, and DSN remarked to you that a black woman was missing at the same time?????

Kinda looks like the same thing...except that you are on the opposite end this time....

Just asking ;)

It's all good.

No hateration, my good chap. :)

Just checking to see if someone is jumping back and forth over the fence...that's all. :D

I'm simply wanting clarification of stance here...you know how I do. ;)

Re: It's all good.

Originally posted by Ntelekt
Just checking to see if someone is jumping back and forth over the fence...that's all. :D
Would the jumping back and forth be surprising to you?
It wouldn't be to me at all.

Carry on...

Well Ntelekt, I am not jumping any fence. I don't recall Licsks making that comment. It's sad that anyone would be missing or have died. I was just simply making that observation concerning Aaliyah. I knew neither her or Chandra! I never heard of Chandra until she was missing. I knew of Chandra disappearance, but not the young AA lady. Would you like to post a prayer for the young lady also?

All occurences are unfortunate. I was deeply sadden to hear about Aaliyah. The question arose, when I asked myself, why am I so sad?

Blu:

That's just it. You were "sad" enough to start a thread and post a prayer for Levy, but now you're questioning how peeps are responding to Aaliyah. Those two actions DO oppose each other IMHO.

Do *I* want to post a prayer for her??? Have you ever seen me post a prayer for anybody else on here???...exactly. :)
I personally see no need to validate my interaction with God on the internet. When I pray, I pray to HIM...no one else needs to know what/who/why I'm praying. ;)

I DO understand your question, though. WE as fans sometimes place a label of "invincibility" on celebs. When someone famous dies, it looks as if some people view it as those celebrities being "singled out" by succumbing to tragedy. It's sometimes perceived as being "unexpected" or something, but in reality...how many deaths ARE expected when it happens? :)

Just another way of looking at it...that's all.:cool:

kiss.gif
:wavey: Hello J-State Tiger!

Blu, success if relative to what you're trying to be successful at...and relative to whether that "goal" depends upon others opinions are actions...

For instance, it could be someone's opinon that TODAY is the day to buy LOTS of stock in Coca Cola for monetary gain. The outcome is a success if

a. LOTS of people buy LOTS of stock in Coca Cola AND
b. The markets prove to be fruitful for those buyers...etc.

The NON-successful side of that could be
a. LOTS of people buy LOTS of stock in Coca Cola AND
b. The market DOES NOT prove to be fruitful for those buyers...etc.

It is all relative...

Does success depend on the # of people that agree with you?

Of course not! :D

If that was the case, I wouldn't be as successful as I am in verbal debates! ;)

As long as you provide your case AND can back it up with CREDIBLE info or offer suggestions/opinions that contain actual merit/substance...mission accomplished! :)

Plus, many people don't like to give credit anyway, so just roll wit it....:emlaugh:

Look we can go back and forth about this thing all day, but We need a resolution. J4J If your girl only knew how many people were touched by Aaliyah. I could write a 4 page letter full of all the nice things fans have had to say, that are now heartbroken. When others dont see it it makes fans hot like fire, and could make anyone want to throw your hands up with frustration. Because Aaliyah was truly one in a million.

Back