Jumping Rope...

BluBlood

"Mississippi Woman"
Does anyone inlcude this into their exercise regimen? Does it provide much or little help to you?

I don't like jumping rope and only do it when its forced on me. I have to be snuggly strapped down when I do it. It helped out with my footwork for kickboxing and I usually felt it in my calves later.

I jump rope...just started on last week. I love to jump rope...surely it's gotta be good for you, cuz I'm tired as hell, when I'm done. I was told by my workout instructors on last night, that's it good cardio. Just like brisk walking and/or running. :nod:

Make sure you have some good shoes on...try it.

it's WONDERFUL.

If you had asked me about this last month, I would have said I hated it and would have vowed to never jump rope. LOL

I started running and jumping rope a couple of weeks ago. I can't always make it to the track but I always take 20 minutes of my lunch time to jump rope.
I finally made it back to the track and my breathing had improved tremendously and I was able to run longer and faster.

I make sure I jump rope at least 20 minutes each day.

Oh the only downfall is I get shin-splits. *shrugs* Hopefully I can get through that until my legs get stronger/better.

I've been running and jumping rope for the past 2 years and I'm in the best shape of my life. I jump for 20 mins before I go for my run and 20 mins when I get back.

Jumping rope is great for boxers. It work on their stamina and coordination. They normally jump rope for at least 5 mins. straight.

That is part of my girls 14U basketball team workout. I make them jump rope every other practice. It is a great speed/agility workout and you can do so many things with the jump rope. We go in timed intervals (2 leg, right leg, left leg, alternating leg, down the court front and back, etc.)

The best exercise is the one they HATE and that is when I make them tuck their jump rope in their shorts (butt area) to the point the rope is barely touching the ground when they are in the chair position. Then they must DEFENSIVE SLIDE SLOWLY around the perimeter of the court both ways. This takes about 20 minutes, but it feels like you have ran 30 miles.

That is part of my girls 14U basketball team workout. I make them jump rope every other practice. It is a great speed/agility workout and you can do so many things with the jump rope. We go in timed intervals (2 leg, right leg, left leg, alternating leg, down the court front and back, etc.)

The best exercise is the one they HATE and that is when I make them tuck their jump rope in their shorts (butt area) to the point the rope is barely touching the ground when they are in the chair position. Then they must DEFENSIVE SLIDE SLOWLY around the perimeter of the court both ways. This takes about 20 minutes, but it feels like you have ran 30 miles.
Damn sperm, that sounds hard as hell to do.

Help!!! I've fallen and can't get up!

Back