JSU vs Howard...results

Not surprising. Kent first TD pass of the season to Kendrick Travis. He will throw for more than 40 TDs this season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
untamed... where are u getting your updates?? mine are coming from aol....

they have been the most up-to date site... please inform

JSU-27
Howard-3
7:23 in 3rd

They are killing Howard.... Looks like we got a defense to go with that offense..... now if only we had a kicker.... looks like he made one. Lets just hope this is thier first extra pt attempt.

Howard does have a defense....Doesnt matter if we should have more...
Its not always about running the score up on them if you have their offense on lock and they cant score...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JSU pulled Kent midway in the 4th. I guess it was an ok move cause we won, but I wish we could've run up the score.

That was the smart thing to do. We need someone else out there with some game time experience. It will take a lot of pressure off of Kent. I was not there so I was wondering what happened in the 4th. I was thinking that since we were up by 3 TD's based solely on the passing game that they were probably trying to test other facets of the offense and get a good look at the running game.

CHICAGO (AP) _ Robert Kent passed for 262 yards and three touchdowns to lead Jackson State to a 27-17 victory over Howard in the Chicago Classic at Soldier Field.

Kent, 16-of-34 with one interception, threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Kendric Travis on the opening drive.

Jason Walker kicked a 27-yard field goal for Howard in the second quarter.

Jackson State pushed its lead to 14-3 by the intermission when Nathan McClaurin scored on a 3-yard run and added a two-point conversion late in the period. McClaurin finished with 13 carries for 65 yards.

Kent tossed a 35-yard scoring pass to T.C. Taylor in the third quarter. On the Tigers' next possession, Kent hit Taylor with a 29-yard TD pass.

Howard's Travis Coleman threw touchdown passes of 17 and 9 yards to Jevonte Philpot in the fourth quarter. Coleman was 17-of-42 for 309 yards.

Howard finished with a 363-329 advantage in total yards.

Way to represent the SWAC -- J-State! It is up both Gram and SU to carry the SWAC against the MEAC this year.

Let Gram folk believe what they wish. Howard had all of 106 yards of total offense at the half. We struggled to a 27-3 lead after 3 quarters.

Interpret my statement as you wish. Gram played everybody, but the cheerleaders (our score is deceiving also). We struggled to a 17-0 lead, and never looked back.

According to the newspaper Alcorn cut the deficit to 30-22 with 6 minutes,15 seconds to play. The game was still up for grabs. Alcorn had the ball at midfield with 4 minutes to play.

Back