Jeff Davis boys & girls make 6A history in Ala.

Mr. SWAC said:
I said I didn't see any of the girls' teams in Huntsville play. Still only Sparkman caught my eye. And it will take Bob Jones to issue out some thrashings for me to give them any more respect. They are overated, IMO.

Again, IMO.
Once again you aint seen NONE of these teams play... how can someone spark your interest if you aint seen them play? Thats like me saying Murphy girls are overated and I personally dont even know Murphy's colors are.

See, I watch the news CJ. They show the highlights of the games every time a high school game is played.

Again, IMO.... Only Sparkman caught my eye, and I feel Bob Jones was overated this year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. SWAC said:
See, I watch the news CJ. They show the highlights of the games every time a high school game is played.

Again, IMO.... Only Sparkman caught my eye, and I feel Bob Jones is overated.

LOL at .7 minutes worth of girls basketball highlights on Huntsville news. Thats like watching AAMU's basketball review show and saying "Damn AAMU is undefeated. Damn you should think JOJ's girls are state champs then ... they only lost two games in the Huntsville area (that are shown on the news highlights LMAO) and won most games by over 35 points.

DAHILL said:
How could you say Huffman played better w/o Robinson when he played ONE quarter? I have seen Huffman play about 5 times the last 2 years... they are much indeed a better team WITH the most decorated player in the state. Also where he signed with wont affect him being Mr. Basketball... only one two Mr. Basketball's as of recently have signed with Alabama or Auburn... (Steele of John Caroll and Richard Hendrix both at Alabama)... year before that alot of fans were upset because Big Mike signed with Texas... there have been 4 Mr. Basketballs from Huntsville recently and none of them signed with Alabama or Auburn (Rod Flowers (Cinncinnatti), James Strong (Vandy), Sam Spann (Syracuse), and Marvin Strong (Kentucky).

That's a easy one. Those are my observations from watching the game. Apparently I am not the only one to reach that conclusion. See article below.

Final Four No. 13 has strange finish
Monday, March 06, 2006
The 13th Final Four state tournament is finally history, and it isn't surprising that No.13 had a very strange finish.
The tournament itself went smoothly most of the week, but the Class 6A boys championship game will likely be one of the most talked about finals in the tourney's history.
It started with the Huffman Vikings stepping over the line in warm-ups and dunking the basketball. Some teams get away with this during the regular season, thanks to some very forgiving refs. To do such a thing in the state final is unbelievable.
Not only are the game officials bound to stick to the letter of the law in such a showcase, but just about anyone who has anything to do with officiating in the AHSAA was on hand.
Still, a warning was issued, I understand, after the officials saw the first dunk, and Vikings star Stanley Robinson then dunked another time, according to those courtside. The result was a technical foul.
It meant that Robinson couldn't make another mistake - but he did. Early in the second quarter, he jumped high to block a shot, found himself too far under the goal and to keep himself from falling, he grabbed the rim with both hands. He held on too long and was assessed another technical.
The state's top college prospect then went to the bench for good with his second direct technical - an automatic penalty.
Was the official correct in assessing Robinson a technical on the rim-grabbing incident? Absolutely.
The sad part for Robinson is that he deserved a better finish to his prep career. It was admirable of him, I think, the way he kept encouraging his teammates - especially at the start of the second half. No doubt, his pep talk sparked the Vikings to a tremendous comeback.
Did Robinson's ejection keep Huffman from winning? While it didn't help, I don't think so.
The difference was really Jeff Davis. They had too many weapons and the Volunteers deserved to win.
Robinson's exit has to be the worst event in the history of the Final Four.
Complete article: http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/ringram.ssf?/base/sports/114164042110200.xml&coll=2

Dahill/Mr SWAC

Remember the name of JaMychal Green.

Montgomery proves to be true title town

By Graham Dunn
Montgomery Advertiser

Most of the talent in the area returns next season. Almost all of the top players are juniors. It should make for a fun basketball season in 2006-07.
And speaking of youth, St. Jude is also young. The Pirates should contend For the 1A title the next two years.
The consensus among sportswriters last week was that sophomore center JaMychal Green was the top player in this year's tournament. He dazzled the masses with his abilities.
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060306/SPORTS/603060341/1002

Mr. SWAC said:
Beating up on white girls doesn't impress me.

Oops, did I say that?

the more you talk the more IGNORANT you sound... first of all who cares what color they are and second PLEASE name me the schools on JOJ's schedule where the teams arent MAJORITY Black. I can think of ONE.

J C said:
Dahill/Mr SWAC

Remember the name of JaMychal Green.

Montgomery proves to be true title town

By Graham Dunn
Montgomery Advertiser

Most of the talent in the area returns next season. Almost all of the top players are juniors. It should make for a fun basketball season in 2006-07.
And speaking of youth, St. Jude is also young. The Pirates should contend For the 1A title the next two years.
The consensus among sportswriters last week was that sophomore center JaMychal Green was the top player in this year's tournament. He dazzled the masses with his abilities.
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060306/SPORTS/603060341/1002

yeah, I'm sure lewis jackson and co. will be spending some significant time at st jude courting that young man. if they can have some major sucess between now and the beginning of his senior year maybe they'll have a chance.

I saw the 6A girls and boys B-ball games on television. I was told by some people that attended the games that Huffman's boys team is undisciplined and not only received 4-5 techs in the game against Jeff Davis, but also as many as (8) techs against another team in the semi-finals. A former coach of Huffman said that the head coach is at fault for having his players "out of control" through uindisciplined play. That in itself can cause a team not to win a crown.

HORNETSWARM said:
I saw the 6A girls and boys B-ball games on television. I was told by some people that attended the games that Huffman's boys team is undisciplined and not only received 4-5 techs in the game against Jeff Davis, but also as many as (8) techs against another team in the semi-finals. A former coach of Huffman said that the head coach is at fault for having his players "out of control" through uindisciplined play. That in itself can cause a team not to win a crown.

believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.... There were NOT 4-5 more techs in the game and there were NOT 8 techs in the semis.

Back