Jeff Davis boys & girls make 6A history in Ala.

ummm,
Dahill (Huntsville) and Mr Swac (Mobile) please explain.
:D

btw, the same thing happened in GA yesterday. Even though it was the smallest classification, Southwest Atlanta (Dwight Howard's old high school) won championships yesterday in boys and girls bball. They have the GA POTY too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
mighty hornet said:
ummm,

btw, the same thing happened in GA yesterday. Even though it was the smallest classification, Southwest Atlanta (Dwight Howard's old high school) won championships yesterday in boys and girls bball. They have the GA POTY too.

also happenned in 5a where Ramsay from Birmingham won both 5a boys and girls.... and mighty hornet Huntsville only has 1 6a team (Grissom) and they didnt havent won a game in 2 years.

also if you saw the Huffman and JD game you KNOW why JD won the boys game.... some things you just dont call at a state championship game.... Stix from Huffman (probably Mr. Basketball and UCONN signee) was ejected with 5 minutes in the second quarter for picking up two techs..... First one was for dunking in warmups...... second one was for hanging on the rim (on defense) while jumping too high to try to block a shot. I knew the game was over for Huffman after that.... He is 6'9 and can do everything... JD's tallest player was 6'3.

DAHILL said:
some things you just dont call at a state championship game.... Stix from Huffman (probably Mr. Basketball and UCONN signee) was ejected with 5 minutes in the second quarter for picking up two techs..... First one was for dunking in warmups...... second one was for hanging on the rim (on defense) while jumping too high to try to block a shot.

Now that is pityful. :shame:

that was some pretty silly stuff to get kicked out of the championship game for.

dahill.....do you think there any chance Demetrius Jemison ends up at bama state or a&m? i don't see him at any of the big 3. uab already signed 2 forwards from greene co. so it just doesn't make sense to go there.

major095 said:
that was some pretty silly stuff to get kicked out of the championship game for.

dahill.....do you think there any chance Demetrius Jemison ends up at bama state or a&m? i don't see him at any of the big 3. uab already signed 2 forwards from greene co. so it just doesn't make sense to go there.

I didnt attend the Final Four, I watched it on TV.... the commentators stated that Jemison was being recruited hard by Alabama, several other SEC schools and UAB. His uncle (who is an assistant at Huffman) came to AAMU the same year I did and graduated from AAMU so I dont know how that will go...

BTW he is BETTER than both fowards from Greene Co.... those are the two that should have been at Bama St or AAMU.

major095 said:

Jemison??

Hines (Evergreen-Hillcrest)

Fitch (Livingston)

so are u saying that hines and fitch legitimately could end up at bama state? fitch is supposed to be a beast and hines has great numbers. fitch is ranked higher than a jemison, lett and a few others. i know at one time they looked at chad gray, and lett. also sanders and jd is on their radar.

38 6-7 PF Roland Fitch Alabama Livingston Undecided
39 6-3 SG Verice Cloyd Mississippi Genesis One Undecided
40 6-6 PF Demetrius Jemson Alabama Huffman Undecided
41 6-5 WF Jonathan Hall Florida Miami Senior Undecided
42 6-4 SG L D Williams Florida Pendleton Wake Forest
43 6-9 PF Joseph Watkins Tennessee Hamilton Undecided
44 6-9 PF Johnnie Lett Alabama BC Rain Undecided (UVA)
45 6-6 PF David Booker Mississippi Mass Point Undecided
46 6-10 C Albert Jackson Kentucky Hopkin County Georgia
47 6-7 PF Chadwick Gray Florida Pendleton South Carolina
48 6-9 PF Courtney Wallace LA Brother Martin/woodlawn Undecided (ULL)
49 6-5 WF Elijah Millsap LA Grambling Undecided
50 6-4 SG John Tiller Georgia Wheeler UAB

J C said:
Jemison??

Hines (Evergreen-Hillcrest)

Fitch (Livingston)

Jemison is the 6'7 foward from Huffman.... he was nominated for All American and some say he will finish behind Stix for Mr. Basketball.....

He was the second part of Huffman's acclaimed "Stix and Meat"

yeah I know. that partial list i gave was a southeast top 50 from january. they have robinson listed as #3 in the southeast behind thaddeus young and brandon wright, both from tennessee. they have fitch listed ahead of jeminson though.

DAHILL said:
Jemison is the 6'7 foward from Huffman.... he was nominated for All American and some say he will finish behind Stix for Mr. Basketball.....

He was the second part of Huffman's acclaimed "Stix and Meat"

Dahill, I know all about Jemison. I'm not sure Robinson will win Mr. Basketball after shunning Alabama and signing with UConn.

BTW, Huffman played alot better with Robinson out of the game last night.

I was referring to Bama State recruiting. Throw J. D.'s Jamar Sanders and St Jude's Jonathan Paceley in the recruiting mix.

What's your observations from the final four.

95, Cloyd signed with Alabama in Nov 05.

mighty hornet said:
ummm,
The best teams in Mobile choked in the regionals, and never made it to B-ham. LeFlore(6A) Boys, Shaw (5A) Boys both choked in the regional championships. I am however disappointed at Davidson's (6A) girls.

J C said:
Dahill, I know all about Jemison. I'm not sure Robinson will win Mr. Basketball after shunning Alabama and signing with UConn.

BTW, Huffman played alot better with Robinson out of the game last night.

I was referring to Bama State recruiting. Throw J. D.'s Jamar Sanders and St Jude's Jonathan Paceley in the recruiting mix.

What's your observations from the final four.

95, Cloyd signed with Alabama in Nov 05.

How could you say Huffman played better w/o Robinson when he played ONE quarter? I have seen Huffman play about 5 times the last 2 years... they are much indeed a better team WITH the most decorated player in the state. Also where he signed with wont affect him being Mr. Basketball... only one two Mr. Basketball's as of recently have signed with Alabama or Auburn... (Steele of John Caroll and Richard Hendrix both at Alabama)... year before that alot of fans were upset because Big Mike signed with Texas... there have been 4 Mr. Basketballs from Huntsville recently and none of them signed with Alabama or Auburn (Rod Flowers (Cinncinnatti), James Strong (Vandy), Sam Spann (Syracuse), and Marvin Strong (Kentucky).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. SWAC said:
The best teams in Mobile choked in the regionals, and never made it to B-ham. LeFlore(6A) Boys, Shaw (5A) Boys both choked in the regional championships. I am however disappointed at Davidson's (6A) girls.

Davidson's girls didnt have the athletes to compete with JD. JD played a bad game and still won the state championship. Davidsons girls didnt look athletic at all (either fat or skinny) and missed ALOT of easy layups under the goal. I didnt see one D1 prospect on there team... JD has 3 guaranteed D1 prospects....1 will be at Florida, and two juniors (one 6'4 center is being recruited by UCONN). I have the game recorded Justin if you want to watch it.

I was just upset with the girls 6A, because 3 of the top 8 teams in 6A were in Mobile, and had more hope in Murphy or Baker playing better.

Mr. SWAC said:
I was just upset with the girls 6A, because 3 of the top 8 teams in 6A were in Mobile, and had more hope in Murphy or Baker playing better.

JD was on a mission, they SHOULD have won it the past two years in 6a... they beat the hell out of Sidney Lanier 3 times last year and lost to them in the regionals last year and Lanier eventually won state. JD girls lost twice in Huntsville during the Christmas tournament, but you could see they were hungry... I STILL think they need a new coach... with the talent they have they shouldnt lose a game.

and Justin I have told you before you CANT look at rankings in high school no more... rankings are regional unless you have a team who travels all over the state to play games. You cant judge high school rankings on the real unless you have seen the teams play. I have seen undefeated girls teams in other areas who I knew wouldnt beat a team with 8 losses in other areas.

Naw, sadly only 1 team can come out of the Mobile area, and Davidson won out. As far a competition is concerned and better teams... I feel Mobile had it in girls this year. I think any 3 of those teams would have made it to the state championship game.

Mr. SWAC said:
Naw, sadly only 1 team can come out of the Mobile area, and Davidson won out. As far a competition is concerned and better teams... I feel Mobile had it in girls this year. I think any 3 of those teams would have made it to the state championship game.

and how many high school girls games have you been to this year to evaluate talent?

I've seen the teams down in Mobile play. No team in Huntsville sparked my interest this year besides Sparkman girls. But even then, w/o seeing them, I know Davidson is a better team than Sparkman.

Mr. SWAC said:
I've seen the teams down in Mobile play. No team in Huntsville sparked my interest this year besides Sparkman girls. But even then, w/o seeing them, I know Davidson is a better team than Sparkman.

folk you aint even SEEN no team from up here play.... Sparkman (wasnt even the best team up here) is WAY more talented than Davidson. Bob Jones had the best girls team up here but lost there leading scorer before regionals with an ACL team. JOJ girls beat Sparkman. Like I said Davidson has NO D1 prospects on there team.

DAHILL said:
also if you saw the Huffman and JD game you KNOW why JD won the boys game.... some things you just dont call at a state championship game.... Stix from Huffman (probably Mr. Basketball and UCONN signee) was ejected with 5 minutes in the second quarter for picking up two techs..... First one was for dunking in warmups...... second one was for hanging on the rim (on defense) while jumping too high to try to block a shot.

That's a doggone shame, especially the second tech called. Did Huffman's coach throw a fit? I probably would've pulled a Bobby Knight if I were coaching.

HBCUs said:
That's a doggone shame, especially the second tech called. Did Huffman's coach throw a fit? I probably would've pulled a Bobby Knight if I were coaching.

strangly to say HE WAS CALM... didnt even argue with the officials... NOBODY knew he was disqualified for the game even the broadcasters at first... hell the officials didnt know. They didnt know if it was 2 techs DURING a game (game of play) or 2 techs from warmups until the end the game. So they kept playing then after the next TV timeout they announced he was ejected from the game. He was VERY upset and looked like he was about the cry everytime the camera was in his face....

The first tech was understandable... but the second should have just been called a goaltending. I dont think the refs knew that that call would have him ejected from the game when it was made.

DAHILL said:
folk you aint even SEEN no team from up here play....
I said I didn't see any of the girls' teams in Huntsville play. Still only Sparkman caught my eye. And it will take Bob Jones to issue out some thrashings for me to give them any more respect. They are overated, IMO.

Again, IMO.

Back