Jackson Water Crisis

Man some of you have no sympathy. Grambling's water was out for 3 days once.....All the hotels were booked. It's not a good feeling heating up water on the stove to take a hoe bath.

I'm well aware of that but the bottom line is strategize to leave. If the white folks want Jackson back let them have it! Jackson ain't really serving the black community anyway ... it's a huge struggle to live there for the average black person. There's only 1 Walmart in the whole city, most neighborhoods don't have grocery stores, the crime is outrageous, the police dept is overwhelmed, water ain't never working, low economic growth in the city, very few opportunities in the city, black home ownership is lagging. And they don't have to leave right away, but within 1-2 years is doable.
Man, Jackson is not that bad. You sound like those Repubs. Where do you live?

Man, Jackson is not that bad. You sound like those Repubs. Where do you live?
Based on the former Jackson residents I talked to and the research I've done it is. We clearly have two different standards for quality living. Also I used to visit Jackson often back in the day, it was bad then and from my understanding it's worse now ... last time I was in Jackson was 2018 for one night and it wasn't a good experience. My hotel near downtown was filthy, the IHOP I went to next door had dirty dishes/utensils and just had a bad vibe ...but I will say the people in Jackson I encountered usually were very friendly which is my favorite thing about the city.

And of course all of Jackson ain't bad but enough of it is. For example, I like the North Jackson/Fondren area ... but that area is mostly white ... black people are not really able to take full advantage of that area b/c they been successful in keeping the black residents and visitors relatively low

Last edited:
If we want to eliminate this problem from happening again. We need to teach our young black children that it's more to life than sports, rapping, selling drugs, and tweaking.

It's embarrassing, because we blame the Republicans for everything. But, what are we doing to take our destiny into our own hands????

One thing I notice about Jackson, Mississippi are the number of churches throughout the city. Now, we have all these churches. But, we are on the bottom of the totem-pole.

If we want to eliminate this problem from happening again. We need to teach our young black children that it's more to life than sports, rapping, selling drugs, and tweaking.

It's embarrassing, because we blame the Republicans for everything. But, what are we doing to take our destiny into our own hands????
But this situation it's literally the fault of the Republicans who neglected to run the state equitability.

But this situation it's literally the fault of the Republicans who neglected to run the state equitability.

Okay, if all those evil Republicans passed away on tomorrow. Would the African American in Jackson be able to keep the water plant afloat?

Because, (from what I heard) The state had bring in water workers from other states to get the system back online. All jokes asides, we complain about white people, but we need them for our livelihood.

Okay, if all those evil Republicans passed away on tomorrow. Would the African American in Jackson be able to keep the water plant afloat?

Because, (from what I heard) The state had bring in water workers from other states to get the system back online. All jokes asides, we complain about white people, but we need them for our livelihood.
So every white person in Jackson is a Republican???

And nice way to insult your own race claiming none of them are intelligent enough to run the water plant.

If you had to get folks from other states-that is more of an indictment of your school system including the colleges.

We need to teach our young black children that it's more to life than sports, rapping, selling drugs, and tweaking.

FYI folks are trying to do that. Hard to do when your black media props those things up.

Stay STRONG Jackson.......I know what you have been up against for YEARS!!!!

Our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS (the REAL CHRIST) sees ALL and KNOWS ALL!

Be BLESSED and STAY PRAYERFUL....We're ALL PRAYING for and with you!

This trolling shtick is a bad look for you, bro.

So every white person in Jackson is a Republican???

And nice way to insult your own race claiming none of them are intelligent enough to run the water plant.

If you had to get folks from other states-that is more of an indictment of your school system including the colleges.

FYI folks are trying to do that. Hard to do when your black media props those things up.
When you are the house slave, its how you think.

That's because the STATE doesn't have the people either. What is it with you? No matter how many times we tell you the republicans control where the state and federal money goes, you still go back to your anti-black troupes? You want to trust the state even after they stole all that welfare money? Did you know that the IHL ok'd JSU having it's own water supply system and your beloved state repubs let the bill die?

A bill proposed last session by Rep. Angela Cockerham, an independent from Magnolia, sought $8 million for JSU for costs associated with building a separate water system. It died in committee.

Now how do you define evil?

Governor throws Jackson under the bus.

Why it matters: Reeves had claimed that city officials failed to give the state and federal governments a plan to fix longstanding issues with the water system, and that staff in the water plant where the failure happened "had been abandoned." Lumumba is now sharing records that he says contradict Reeves' statements.

Mayor responds:
What he's saying: "We are currently producing stable pressure, but if a challenge arises with plant operation, it will likely impact customers," Lumumba said Tuesday in a press conference.

• "When we look at the lack of water in the city of Jackson, when we look at the humiliation that our residents have suffered from, I think this is an important time to focus on that unity and not that division," he said. "That is why I have consistently avoided opportunities to take shots."
  • Lumumba shared documents, including the city's capital improvement plan from a few years ago, which he said included funding requests for the water treatment plant.
  • Another document listed a number of critical repairs and a schedule for implementation, he said.
  • He presented an outline of all the repairs needed in the water plant, which he said the city submitted to the Hinds County legislative delegation, and also showed a letter he wrote to the governor and Congress members — including Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) — after winter storms swept through the town in 2020.
  • Lumumba said he never received a response

BTW, Thompson threw Jackson under the bus too about this "plan" business.

When you are the house slave, its how you think.

But how can you think like that when Republicans are screwing EVERYBODY not just Democrats.

In all this mess-everyone is getting screwed. There are Republicans getting screwed in this and don't have water.

Yes it's Democratic but they are not winning 100% of the votes. They have 4 Congressional districts- 1 is Democrat.

The other 3 60% Republican. Since 1997 only 3 Democrats has held office in those areas. Last election District 4 saw NO Democrat run.

Yet everything is the Democrats fault. Yet REPUBLICANS own 3 of the 4 districts in Jackson. Where were they at? While people were being denied help?

JACKSON......fear not.....stay safe and do what we normally do in times of crisis!
REMEMBER: "If you mess with my family....you mess with my entire FAMILY (ALL OF US}

That's because the STATE doesn't have the people either. What is it with you? No matter how many times we tell you the republicans control where the state and federal money goes, you still go back to your anti-black troupes? You want to trust the state even after they stole all that welfare money? Did you know that the IHL ok'd JSU having it's own water supply system and your beloved state repubs let the bill die?

A bill proposed last session by Rep. Angela Cockerham, an independent from Magnolia, sought $8 million for JSU for costs associated with building a separate water system. It died in committee.

Now how do you define evil?

This answers your other question and is the root of Mississippi politics. Outsiders are just starting to see this

The money has been there since last year but the state refused to release it

It was interesting and informative to also hear Representative Bennie Thompson's take and points on the water situation a little over a week ago with MSNBC correspondent Alex Wagner. Rep. Thompson comes in around the 02:12 mark:

It was interesting and informative to also hear Representative Bennie Thompson's take and points on the water situation a little over a week ago with MSNBC correspondent Alex Wagner. Rep. Thompson comes in around the 02:12 mark:

He is just stating the issue that everyone keeps pointing out. One group would rather stand in the way than help. Yet others want to blame others who were trying to help.

The Republicans in that state need to be paying attention. You put them into office and you are the one sitting without water because they would rather screw you over to make sure black folks suffer based on who they vote for.

Back