Jackson State University announces record enrollment

Jacksonian

JSU On My Mind
Jackson State University announces record enrollment

Posted on September 2, 2011 by Jackson State University

September 2, 2011

(JACKSON, Miss.) —More and more students are choosing Jackson State University to pursue degrees. This fall, Jackson State announced an enrollment of 8,903 students, which is a 2.5 percent increase over last year and the largest student body in JSU’s history.

“Jackson State offers a high quality education at an affordable price,” said Carolyn W. Meyers, JSU president. “Our faculty and staff care and work hard to prepare students.

“I’m happy to see more students are choosing Jackson State and am confident that we will continue to serve an increasing number of students. Education will continue to play vital role in Mississippi’s future.”

Freshman Lawanda Tabor of Chicago chose Jackson State from among the 27 schools where she was accepted.

“I picked JSU because in my major of psychology, JSU is ranked in the top 25 in the country,” she said.

The enrollment increase comes on the heels of a new report by Washington Monthly magazine ranking JSU among the top 10 colleges and universities in the nation. The ranking considers JSU’s social mobility, research and service ratings. Coming in at No. 9 among 258 institutions, Jackson State outranked Princeton (No. 31), Yale (No. 39), the Georgia Institute of Technology (No. 54) and Howard (No. 73) universities. Jackson State is the only Historically Black College or University to break into Washington Monthly’s top 10.

http://jacksonstate.wordpress.com/

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JR,
This economy will naturally grow your school. All you have to do is be open. All any of us have to do.

Back