It's Official!

Dr. Freeze said:
Why Birmingham, AL? No offense, but why? It should be in GA or DC or NYC. This is just my humble opinion.

I don't know about NYC but I would love to see it in one of the others you listed......... I AM SICK OF COUNTRY ARSE ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!

GR likes the idea of having the game. But they couldnt have chosen a city more horrible than Bham. They should move this game to cities around the country that are interested in BCF. Bham has proven that it does not care about black college sports in general. Why do we keep going back to that awful drab dreary condemned place?

Ralph said:
I am I reading this right? Last year the challenge was on ESPN2 and this year it is on ESPN Regional (ERT)? Wow!
No, I don't think you read that right. The game is on ESPN2 this year. I believe it was on ESPNU last year.

bluedog said:
Dude please, this isn't a true SWAC best vs meac best

Grambling is the SWAC's best until someone takes the title away from the tiny pine hills of north Louisiana! The same theory rest with Hampton in the MEAC. I sincerly hope that you aren't implying that Southern is or will be the SWAC's best!

Early on I like Hampton in this one. They return everyone except a lineman and their other RB (the transfer from Army). Landers hadn't played in over a year. Very tough team to come back to.

DaTruth4u said:
Grambling is the SWAC's best until someone takes the title away from the tiny pine hills of north Louisiana! The same theory rest with Hampton in the MEAC. I sincerly hope that you aren't implying that Southern is or will be the SWAC's best!

MikeBi** give this rookie a clue please.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
if everything goes right, that will be MVSU playing in that game next year!
Congrats GSU!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Have they ever played in one.

DaTruth4u said:
As a matter of fact please explain to me why Grambling wouldn't be the pre season pick to win the whole thing?

Valid question. Of course things will change when transfer are added, injuries in the spring and summer, etc. But Gram is my favorite right now.

tsutiger said:
tt, "ESPN Regional Television (ERT), a subsidiary of ESPN, Inc. ... owned-and-operated annual college football game will be televised on ESPN2..." So that means regionally on ESPN2, no?

Ralph, does it matter what channel it comes on? Real Tiger fans gonna be in Birmingham anywho. Actually, the game is going to be shown on ESPN2 and some regional stations in other areas will carry games for local teams as was done all last year and all of this years college Basketball season.

CATMENDUE2 said:
Ralph, does it matter what channel it comes on? Real Tiger fans gonna be in Birmingham anywho. Actually, the game is going to be shown on ESPN2 and some regional stations in other areas will carry games for local teams as was done all last year and all of this years college Basketball season.

I'm glad to see the two conferences come together and make these challenges happen... I would like to see it expanded to make it a league wide
matchup of teams based on previous season order of finish. Let the two champions play at a neutral site (Birmingham) each year, but the others play home and home (rotating home from SWAC to MEAC) each year.

DaTruth4u said:
As a matter of fact please explain to me why Grambling wouldn't be the pre season pick to win the whole thing?

I agree with you on that one. Like Ric Flir used to say, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

Jaguar94 said:
:topic:
Talk of reviving the Heritage Bowl.....

I think we do need to bring it back. There need to be better marketing for it and perhaps a better time. You know we dont have anything else to draw more fanactics to the game.

Where you at Blue Dog? People are awaiting a response. Untill you give me a reasonable answer to my last question you will be a PUPPY in my book!

Back