It's not good to lie

I pulled out capacity facts and it went Zero Dark Thirty in this piece.
Can you really even use capacity facts when there are schools that have bleachers pushed in due to the way the arena is made. SU and Bama State (off the top of my head) have a lot of seats in the lower corners pushed in that cant be used.

SU has lead attendance in Basketball the last two season. Stop with the hate

look in the other thread. But what you don’t realize , SU has a very large season ticket base for basketball and baseball. You can purchase both with your football season tickets at a discounted price if you buy them at the same time. Our attendance is tickets sold.
There is not a school in tne SWAC that does not count "tickets sold" as opposed to "actual seats occupied." This is standard practice across the sporting industry, and especially the NCAA. One would be crazy to count attendance otherwise. SU made the right move when it tied bsketball and baseball to football for the football season ticket-holder. It has increased attendance for those venues exponentially.

There is not a school in tne SWAC that does not count "tickets sold" as opposed to "actual seats occupied." This is standard practice across the sporting industry, and especially the NCAA. One would be crazy to count attendance otherwise. SU made the right move when it tied bsketball and baseball to football for the football season ticket-holder. It has increased attendance for those venues exponentially.
No argument there. This is the first time that I can remember sTu did not do this. All I am pointing out (and accurately I might add) is there was not 7400+ in attendance at that game as some tried to convince me that my eyes were lying.

It’s an option to purchase those tickets, it’s not mandatory .

Question… how much is season tickets. We have to have one of the highest season tickets for basketball in conference.

lowest is 250 for general admission season tickets…. 350 for reserved season tickets and 500 for floor seats.
Chicago Pd Wow GIF by One Chicago

Our game Saturday would have had more people but it was a huge Marci Gras parade in a town 20 minutes from BR. Also there was 2 high school tournaments Saturday , one on SU’s campus that took away fans also. SU has lead the SWAC in basketball attendance the last 2 years.
Mardi Gras and HS basketball, you say?

Mardi Gras and HS basketball, you say?
Yes, you have to understand Southern Louisiana culture. Half of BR was literally in Clinton, La at that parade lol. Then both tournaments were less than a mile from SU and had teams from all over BR and surrounding areas. We still had a huge crowd but it would have been more.

Can you really even use capacity facts when there are schools that have bleachers pushed in due to the way the arena is made. SU and Bama State (off the top of my head) have a lot of seats in the lower corners pushed in that cant be used.
SU has different configurations for different events. Basketball seating is 7,500. Graduation and other events have a higher capacity because all the seating can be used.

lowest is 250 for general admission season tickets…. 350 for reserved season tickets and 500 for floor seats.
Basketball ? Damn. I’m not sure how much basketball season tickets cost alone, but Baseball alone cost $90. You can purchase baseball and basketball together for $100 if you purchase them with your season football tickets.

Basketball ? Damn. I’m not sure how much basketball season tickets cost alone, but Baseball alone cost $90. You can purchase baseball and basketball together for $100 if you purchase them with your season football tickets.
Thats a good deal… especially with SU being a big baseball school. Our baseball games are free but Im sure that will change soon. The AD said we are getting turf for baseball and softball fields, adding lights and a building for locker rooms, weight rooms, etc .

SU has different configurations for different events. Basketball seating is 7,500. Graduation and other events have a higher capacity because all the seating can be used.

The largest crowd I was a part of in the Mini Dome was when Alex Haley visited. There was easily 10K in there. The fire marshal could have had a field day….LOL

What does that have to do with what we saw on TV?
In terms of actual attendance (seats in the seats) for the JSU game, I would estimate there were fewer than 5600. The official listed attendance of 7489 would include all tickets sold for that event. I just happen to know the lady in charge of athletic ticketing at SU. She would never post any fraudulent numbers that either would embarass the university or undermine her own respect and competency.

Last edited:
Back